What's new

Swine Influenza: Disaster or Media Panic?

Panic or Pandemic?

• It will be a huge epidemic/pandemic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It'll be a problem, but no disaster

• Just another flu. Out of the picture by next week

• *coughcoughcoughIvegotitcoughcough*

• Total voters
I think it's all rubbish.
Bird flew was meant to kill thousands wasn't it.
All I remember was one death in the UK and even then they werent sure if it was bird flu or not.

^ Actually my secondary school was totally infected with bird flu a couple of years ago!

..... We managed to organise everyone to jump on the tables and flap their arms whilst coughing at midday on the last day of term :roll:

Get horizon-expanding already!

To be fair Ben, not everyone has parents who will allow them to travel abroad by themselves, nor does everyone have the funds to do it. Damn, I'd be traveling everywhere if I were allowed right now, but some of us have parents who don't allow it.

It's not illegal for parents to leave the country at the same time as their kids. Or for kids to go on school trips. Considering we're about 20 miles away from another country as well...

I would comment, butlike the other five million people, I died of bird flu two years ago.......
Link me! I'm intrigued! And God, you must be as white as paper!

I have been all over and so am I, :p Cant tan at gun point!

Neal said:
Quite. And despite it being blighted by those awful Frenchies, it is a rather lovely country.

Nah, I find France a bore, don't even bother looking at Calais unless you like the "odd" glass of wine, and what's with Lyon, okay South France and the Alpes okay, but the closest part sucks, if you want a short-short haul holiday, go to Ireland!

Anywhos

I have mixed feelings, no idea, but thinking about the last one being in 1918, our health standards have gone alot since then, we prevented the spread of SARs so we can prevent this too IMO, although If it is true, I reckon the deaths will go like this:
100 < WE ARE HERE
1,000,000,000 <RESIDENT EVIL
6,750,000,000 <ALL DEAD HERE

It's not illegal for parents to leave the country at the same time as their kids. Or for kids to go on school trips. Considering we're about 20 miles away from another country as well...

No I know, but some parents don't want to have their kids go off to other countries alone. And I'm talking like, him going to mainland Europe with friends or something.. Not a random train ride to Scotland.

Scotland is in the UK.

And France was what I meant by 20 miles away (lucky some people got that), which is mainland Europe and a LOT closer than Scotland for a LOT of the UK population.

If this suddenly and completely randomly transforms a zombie type virus things. I want them to be fast zombies.

Then again.

Most of the time fast zombies are not really zombies. :|

And wouldn't it be just so funny if the 150 million people left were us, the French and the Germans :lol:

Neal said:
But there's 6.9 billion people :wink: [/pedantic]
6.9 and 1, 6.9 and 2, no, 6.9 and 3. Damn these people being born. 6.9 and 4 6.9 and 5. 6.9 and 4 again (bus accident). 6.9 and 5 :p

Anyway, this has killed a fair few people, all in Mexico. They don't even know if it's the flu that has killed them yet, or another, localised issue.

All other cases across the world have been treated and the people are doing well (for the most part).

So even if this does become a Pandemic (bold to emphasise the dreadful nature of it), chances are it's just going to mean a few weeks of man-flu for the world.

"OMG! My nose is running!!! PANDEMIC!!!".

Hohum!

WE IZ DOOMED!

^ That was a quote from a chav at my school today, which made me laugh. Most people can't seem to grasp the fact that a pandemic is worldwide, and not situated within a few countries only showing normal flu-like symptoms (with the exception of Mexico as they are statistically known as a 3rd world country)