What's new

Stupid things the GP have said

CMonster

Giga Poster
^ Thanks, I'm glad to know that a coaster enthusiast knows about it and believes me. :wink:

And if your cousin is almost as blonde as you she must be really blonde. :p

^ Haha well I just tried to make you feel better! :p <3

And yes.. She's like me, as in she's very good academically but kinda.. Dumb in the common sense area. It's really funny though.

CMonster

Giga Poster
^ I'm glad someone cares. :wink:

EDIT: Someone on the Amusement Park part of the Atari Forums said that the worst coaster he had ever been on was the Hulk. :lol:

What a noob.

A

Anonymous

There are a lot of people on here who don't get the point of this thread, I think.
marc said:
"Saw is the best ride in the UK"
"Nemesis goes upside down 20 times"
"I got stuck on Nemeis upside down, and was stuck like that for an hour"
"Thunder Looper once left the track as it did not slow down enough"
That first one is an opinion. That person may be uninformed and not have been on as many coasters as you, but if they say it's the best, then it's the best for them.

The second one is pretty common. Most of the time, these people don't actually think that the ride goes upside down 20 times, they are either trying to show off to their friends after the ride or scare them while in line.

The last two are good examples of stupid things that people say. Once again, I've noticed that it's pretty common for people to say dumb things like this to either scare others or just to see if they believe their BS.

Dave said:
Furius Baco is the best ride at Port Aventura.
Once again, opinion.

Ormerod said:
I've heard people in the queueline say they've been on worse than 38g :wink:
Either they had no idea what they were talking about, or this goes into the "show off" category.

Also, "queueline" is one one that bothers me. A queue is a line you wait in. Line means the same thing. Why say both? It's like saying PIN number (Personal Identification Number Number?)

The Grape Wizard said:
Whilst in the queue for Rita, yes this guy was being serious.

"They were going to put loops in for Rita, but they ran out of track, so there going to put them on the new ride instead"

I've heard stuff like this before.
I've also heard someone I know (and yes, this person is a complete idiot) say that next year CP is going to add an extra 100 feet to the lift hill to make it go faster.

Brookes

Giga Poster
Didn't really know where to put this but did anyone watch Never Mind The Buzzcocks last night when Frank Skinner said something like "Tinchy Stryder is so small he can't even ride the Nemesis at Thorpe Park".

Some guy in my functions class looking at a picture of El Toro in the textbook..

Hey I've been on that! It's the big wooden one at Cedar Point!

andrus

Giga Poster
I visited Heide Park the past weekend and I heard a quite funny thing in the cue for Scream, the Intamin gyrop drop tower. The ride was full and the operators closed the gate just in front of the guy ahead of me.. I was expecting a not so cheerful comment, but instead the guy turned around to his friends really happy and said "Hey, on the next ride we can sit anyware we want!", on a drop tower.. :lol:

jokerman

Giga Poster
^Do you not think he probably cared where he sat because of the view? I always like to choose the view I get on a drop tower.

jokerman

Giga Poster
The way the post concluded though gave the impression that he was talking about how the force is the same all over.

I may have been wrong, but that was how I interpreted the post.

Slash

Giga Poster
Brookes said:
Didn't really know where to put this but did anyone watch Never Mind The Buzzcocks last night when Frank Skinner said something like "Tinchy Stryder is so small he can't even ride the Nemesis at Thorpe Park".

He probably meant Nemesis Inferno. Easy enough to shorten the name. Probably wasn't even a mistake.

andrus

Giga Poster
andrus said:
I visited Heide Park the past weekend and I heard a quite funny thing in the cue for Scream, the Intamin gyrop drop tower. The ride was full and the operators closed the gate just in front of the guy ahead of me.. I was expecting a not so cheerful comment, but instead the guy turned around to his friends really happy and said "Hey, on the next ride we can sit anyware we want!", on a drop tower.. :lol:
Well, I was referring to the force factor, but since scream indeed rotates it makes no sense to sit in a certain angle because of the view either.. At least on the day I found that really amusing and almost loughed out loud :lol:

Brookes

Giga Poster
Slash said:
Brookes said:

He probably meant Nemesis Inferno. Easy enough to shorten the name. Probably wasn't even a mistake.

Have you met anyone who refers to Nemesis Inferno as "The Nemesis". Just no.

EDIT: Even if he meant Inferno, it shows the annoying "the" placed on front anyway.

TheFlyerMan1

Roller Poster
This is one I heard at school one time when I was going to go to Alton Towers... My conversation with this numbskull went a little like this:

"Hey, guess where I'm going next summer..."
"I dunno, where?"
"Alton Towers."
"Cool!"
"I know, I'm gonna go on Oblivion, Nemesis, Galactica - "
"GALACTICA KILLS YOU!"

And so I'm like...

"Idiot..."

He then gets his friend over and says:

"Innit Galactica kills you!"

And then his friend turns around to me and says:

"Yeah."

And so I went onto talk about health and safety and how Galactica legally cannot kill you otherwise it would have been closed 14 years ago, under the name "Air".

The two just shut up! I was standing there nearly wetting myself laughing!

Edward M

Strata Poster
^ I must admit that I found Blue Hawk (it will always be Ninja to me though) to be rather pleasant. Pretty over the lake and superior to most Arrow loopers I have done.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
A friend and I were boarding onto Firehawk at Kings Island, when a single rider was funneled quickly next to us onto our car. He jumped in, put on the dreaded Vekoma vest restraints, and got all buckled in. He then looked over to the other train which just arrived into station in laying position, and suddenly had a look of dread.

"Do we ride this thing facing forward?" he asked me.
"Yes, lying down," I responded.
"LYING DOWN!!! What!? This is a flying coaster!?"
"Yup, sure is; did you see the coaster running while you were waiting in line?"
*Our train begins to tilt back to flying position*
"I saw it running, but didn't realize it was a flying coaster!"
"Well yeah, did you notice the trains had people laying down?"
"Yeah, but I didn't realize it was a flying coaster."
"Well... buckle up."

You just can't make this stuff up.

TheFlyerMan1

Roller Poster
Okay, most ridiculous thing ever, and this was asked by my ex -
"Where's Flying Fish!?"

The sign for it was right infront of us!