What's new

Stupid things the GP have said

Tjex1

Roller Poster
I haven't noticed one of these and the ones on the web are fairly old, I'd quite like to read of some new ones!

A

Anonymous

Loop-de-loops. Hate it when people say this but I hear it so much.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
That Rita goes 100mph...:roll:

That their restraints have come loose half way around or going up the lift hill :roll:

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
"I like Thorpe"
"That Saw ride is great"
"Blackpool looks like an excellent weekend destination"
"The toilets here at Alton Towers are fantastic"
"That's a nice beard"

;)

Blaze

Hyper Poster
"The top of Rita is green because they ran out of paint"
"Rita does 100mph"
Both of them are very popular, as is
"Infusion is brand new"
Kumali (or Infusion) is better than Nemesis"
"PMBO is the best coaster at *insert Blackpool, UK or the world here depending on what you hear*"

Most I hear are about PMBO, actually.

kimahri

CF Legend
ciallkennett said:

Can you really blame them when it says on the ORP under top speed 100.

Dispite moving to metric system people here still think speed is measured in miles.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
kimahri said:
ciallkennett said:

Can you really blame them when it says on the ORP under top speed 100.

Dispite moving to metric system people here still think speed is measured in miles.

No, it's Alton's fault for making is sound like it's going 100mph by just putting 100...

But I still feel the need to correct them when they say it :)

nealbie

CF Legend
No Ciall! Kim is right. We do technically use the metric system, but obviously being British we aren't accustomed to change and all on a personal level use imperial :lol:

So Alton haven't done anything wrong :p

Emmett

Giga Poster
I guess 100 looks better compared to using 61.1 if they measured it in mph. Nothing wrong in trying to make your ride sound more extreme.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
"If you put your arms up on the ride you'll fall out"...

*Looking at Vampire* "Wow, looks like this ride is upside for most of it..."

My two faves from one single day...

Kebab

Giga Poster
When they use fake facts; by far the most annoying!

Rita being 100Mph is a popular one, I've also heard someone mention it is the worlds fastest rollercoaster.

I hate people who troll rollercoasters just because they are really good and they haven't rode them, and advertise another rollercoaster, most commonly heard by the American GP across Youtube videos of European coasters (nothing against America it's just a good example).

Commonly targeted coasters are Stealth (usually TTD or Kingda Ka being brought into discussion), Oblivion (With Sheikra), Dragon Khan (Kraken) and Nemesis (Larger B&M Inverted coasters).

I normally get into massive arguments because of this. Pfft :roll:

nealbie

CF Legend
Calling a Dive Machine Train a Car! (Mind you a lot of enthusiasts are caught out on this as well :lol: )

Blaze

Hyper Poster
I'ts obvious why they do it. KPH is higher than the equivalent in MPH, so by putting 100 people think MPH because it's the most common form, when it actualy means you are short changes by about 40 MPH.

nealbie

CF Legend
Blaze said:
I'ts obvious why they do it. KPH is higher than the equivalent in MPH, so by putting 100 people think MPH because it's the most common form, when it actualy means you are short changes by about 40 MPH.

Oh dear. Shweetheart, that really didn't need explaining.

Dave

CF Legend
Speaking as a roller coaster enthusiast I just go on and on about how the general public annoy me by saying false facts until I foam at the mouth and fall over backwards!

Rush

Giga Poster
Blaze said:
"Kumali (or Infusion) is better than Nemesis".

Don't be silly! Of course it's true! :p

I saw some girls a couple of years ago debating whether to go on Rush. The conversation sort of went as follows:

Girl No. 1: "Oh my dayzzz... that ride looks sick."
Girl No. 2: "But it doesn't have those shoulder bars."
Girl No. 1: "Soo... doesn't matter, if you fall out, those nets will catch you!"

:lol: