What's new

Starry Night Ripper- B&M Flyer for World Joyland

That thing is just beautiful. I really wonder how that loop is going to feel. Of course.. Vekomas ride totally different as well.. ect ect.

I actually quite like the Vekoma flying loop.

Yes, physics will be different with the B&M loop, but in the case of Firehawk, it is a great mix of positive g force and hang-time at the top.

^Yes, but I think it will 'feel' different in the B&M Flyer trains. The forces may be similar, but the comfort of the B&M ones compared to the Vekoma ones will make a difference. At least, I'd have thought it would.

Yeah, a loop on an SLC does feel a bit different to one on a B&M Invert.

Tell you what, get back to me in August and I'll tell you how this bad boy feels <3

UC said:
Hixee said:
^Yes, but I think it will 'feel' different in the B&M Flyer trains. The forces may be similar, but the comfort of the B&M ones compared to the Vekoma ones will make a difference. At least, I'd have thought it would.

Re-read what I wrote and what I was referring to, Hixee. This isn't about "feel."
I wasn't discussing the forces any more. I agree with you, they're likely to be very similar, however I'm interested in how this will feel. I was kinda moving on from the point about the forces being similar.

I guess we'll have to wait for Jake & Ben to tell us how it rides... *spite*

So thats why I notice the difference between an Intamin loop, B&M loop, Vekoma loop, Schwarzkopf loop and so on? Yeah, lets go with all manufacturers are the same. Great argument.

UC said:
Oops, there's Erol, not reading the topic before posting crap again.

Ooooops theres UC, being a prick as usual.

Besides, what backbone of the conversation do I need to comment on how loops feel?

My gosh, I think that stick in your ass has turned into coal by now...

Ben said:
HEY GUYS JUST WAIT TIL I RIDE IT AND SOLVE THE DEBATE K?

IN AUGUST THAT IS.

Wait, you're going to Asia in August? Wow, why didn't you say something before?!? :lol: :wink:

Here is some more concept art that reveals what the rest of the roller coaster looks like.

p05.jpg

So the layout order looks like:

Overbanked turn
zero-g roll-fly to lie
loop
overbanked turn-lie to fly
turn
barrel roll (it looks like the turn leads to a barrel roll after the turn)
Air-like elements, including a close call with faux rockwork

And the good thing about China, they actually tend to build almost all of the theme that was in the artwork.

I'd say that for a Superman clone this is pretty impressive:

happyvalley_34_149.jpg

image off that tpr website

Quality... Meh. It looks pretty, that's all that matters!

To further fuel the loop argument...this loop:

ems4vg018g00909g1mm2b1.jpg

Isn't the same as this loop:

h2rb02o40ea00010dg1mm2.jpg

Which isn't the same as this loop:

kufmm2bgj7f0o6o0010lg1.jpg

All three are obviously shaped different. That means that the forces aren't the same. You can obviously feel the difference between intense positive G's in a Schwarzkopf loop and the hangtime in a B&M loop and it has nothing to do with the trains. Due to the SHAPE of the loop, the trains, regardless of manufacturer are moving at different SPEEDS through the loop. The physics, specifically centripetal motion(it doesn't matter that the loop is elliptical and not a perfect circle, there is still acceleration toward the "center" of the object), tells us that the forces are different.

If you still think differently, I would like to see equations that prove otherwise.

I can't imagine a loop on a flyer being all that fun actually. I've never ridden a vekoma effort, but trying to imagine what the sensation would be like, I imagine it to be a bit unpleasant. I don't mean in terms roughness, I mean more in terms of the positions your body is put into.

But the rest of the layout looks very enjoyable, and hopefully the themeing will be to a similar level shown in the concept art...

You'd be surprised. The G's are quite nice and it isn't uncomfortable at all. The only comparison I can give it is kinda to a Pretzel Loop.. except the G's are felt going into and out of the loop.

I quite like flying loops, I'd place it amongst the favorites, along with Mantis' massive 119' loop or Dominator's monster 135'.

^oh cool, I'm probably wrong. I'll take your word for it!

Sadly, I don't think I'll get to experience one anytime soon :(