What's new

Snowy Wonderland - Old project

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Back during Christmas 2003, I was a admin on rctcompetition.com, and created a Christmas competition. It was only fair for me to create a park too with the snowy theme as well. Hope you will enjoy this. Might post some of my old projects on here soon

SCR1.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/?hd1ogx1l95vlymc

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Cheeky gits ;) I was just browsing this park earlier and found I had put a dive machine in. Quite well hidden too.

nadroJ

CF Legend
I like parks like this, show how RCT is MEANT to be played. You know, as a non-serious, fun take on building a theme park.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I dunno, A gravity defying tower of snowballs through the middle of the world's biggest toilet bowl helix certainly steps lightly out of the realms of impressionist and stamps into the world of surrealism quite effectively I thought. It's certainly art...

Meh, people play how they want to play I guess! Personally I like to make things look pretty realistic, but not with getting anal about it saying like oh this has to be to scale at approximately .145 of a diameter to the radius of .7 exerting approximately 4.5 Gs of force with a clearance of .2 metres. :p I don't hate people who want to play like this though, it looks cool.

scw55

Hyper Poster
I like surreal building in Rollercoaster Tycoon because at the end of the day you're playing a game and your only duty is to create something that makes Peeps and you happy. I see No Limits for realism. However, obviously stupid designs can break the suspension of disbelief (non banked curves or going far too fast).
However I understand people want to build realism in a computer game. I just wish that they didn't force people to conform to their philosophy. It will make for a very boring player base if everyone made whacky designs or realistic designs. Variety should be encouraged, not stomped out.

I like your park. It reminds me of when I played a Scenario in RCT1 expansion where I completed it long ago, but I liked the landscape very much. Ended up making billions of money and cramming every space with rides. Very fun. I regret that my prolonged exposure to RCT3 prevents me from ever revisiting RCT2 ever again, likewise for RCT1 :(

I miss how easy it was to recolour individual bits of track.