What's new

Small News From The Theme Park Industry

Matt N

CF Legend
Apparently Samurai at Thorpe Park has been “95% dismantled”, according to Merlin’s Beard on Twitter:
Could it be undergoing a very in-depth refurbishment by Mondial? Or could they possibly even be replacing the old Samurai Top Scan with a new Top Scan?

Whatever they’re doing to it, they’ve certainly done it quickly, because it looked very much intact when I was there on Sunday!

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Samurai has been up and down a lot this season, and I have heard that after its most recent closure it needed a lot of work.

It's a very easy ride to dismantle and build up again, so I don't think anything should be read too much into that. But if they were getting rid of it, I'd be surprised if they did so so quickly. Easier, and likely more cost effective, to just leave it in situ until end of the season, when the manpower is more available and engineers aren't focusing on running the park. So I do expect it's being removed with the view to do work to repair it.

Equally, one has to wonder at one point they cut their losses with Samurai. And if they do, what they do in turn? Surely at some point it's more sensible to buy a new top scan? And even if they decide not to, the park ideally can't lose a flat ride, especially in that section of the park.

Niles

Giga Poster
Dingo Racer at Aussie world has been finished being the first permanent 3rd generation Spinning Coaster by Reverchon (RCDB lists it as Second version?https://rcdb.com/18090.htm ) I think it looks quite nice for a little park.
217873186_2929845390597310_7524754048900582601_n.jpg

217952464_2929845420597307_5040151691067807476_n.jpg

218239966_2929845430597306_3185584058310378481_n.jpg

218261312_2929845317263984_4896383226193254571_n.jpg

217961584_2929845260597323_353382972126502761_n.jpg

Source: https://www.facebook.com/Reverchon-Rides-1778512812397246/?__tn__=k*F&tn-str=k*F

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Maurer Söhne are back at it again and the concept is... weird?

I am sorry because Maurer really took the industry by storm with their X-car design and their fab spinners, but they should really abandon the Spike Coaster trend. Really, nobody cares and they seem to push it too hard.

Desmo Racer has been plagued with problems and the ride experience, as far as I have been told, is subpar. Why not invest in RD for new models or reivent their spinning catalogue or X-car?

Intamin Forever

Mega Poster
Co

I am sorry because Maurer really took the industry by storm with their X-car design and their fab spinners, but they should really abandon the Spike Coaster trend. Really, nobody cares and they seem to push it too hard.

Desmo Racer has been plagued with problems and the ride experience, as far as I have been told, is subpar. Why not invest in RD for new models or reivent their spinning catalogue or X-car?
Cool

Dar

Hyper Poster
Isn't the spike coaster just a different application for a warehouse inventory system they supply? It makes sense they're pushing it if they're already manufacturing the system for "real" customers

bratcurry

Mega Poster

I can drive into any multi-level garage and have basically the same experience lol

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

I can imagine it being a nice experience in the right location. Definitely would offer a better view than driving up/down any multi-level garage.