What's new

Small News From The Theme Park Industry

VonRolland

Seems like the new Zip World site in South Wales could be getting the second Wiegand CoasterKart (not the same place that has Fforest Coaster):-

"Zip World Tower will be home to 2 shiny new adventures; Zip World Phoenix, the world’s fastest seated zip line, and Zip World Tower Coaster, Europe’s only side-by-side karted coaster of its kind. Based in Cynon Valley, in the heart of the Rhigos mountain range, south Wales, our new Zip World site is the 4th to open, and our 1st outside of the Snowdonia national park in north Wales. We’re thrilled to be able to bring our unique adventures and experiences down south and breathe a new lease of life into the old coal mining site of Tower Colliery, whilst still utilising and conserving the site’s rich history.

Both Phoenix and Tower Coaster are available as separate gift vouchers, and prices start from just £25. These are the perfect gifts this Christmas for thrill-seekers and families alike, with an adventure to suit everyone’s taste.

If you’re looking to gift for a family or kids, we’d recommend trying the Tower Coaster, perfect for anyone over the age of 4. If the lucky recipients are slightly older or enjoy the pump of an adrenaline rush, opt for our Phoenix zip line. If you purchase a voucher now, the recipient will get a chance at exclusive pre-booking too, meaning they can be one of the first to try these exciting new adventures!

Thank you all very much for your support ahead of our spring 2021 Zip World Tower opening, and we look forward to welcoming you to our brand new site."

Just to remind you what the CoasterKart is:-

Looks like a fantastic small scale model am i right in saying it's powered by LIM's?

Matt N

Sounds interesting, and could be good fun! Admittedly I’ve never ridden a motorbike coaster before, but they look like good fun, and I’ll be intrigued to see how one with inversions works out!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It was a variant of their motocoaster that was capable of inversions.

It looked hideous.

Tweet(s) have been deleted now, though.

CrashCoaster

Not sure if this is small news, but Gröna Lund have put out a post on their social medias stating, in short, if they can't open in Spring 2021 then they will be forced into bankruptcy:-

I know this post is in Swedish, but it basically states that the park haven't been given any indication on when they can reopen, even though parks in the rest of Europe have been allowed to. They also haven't been receiving any financial support from the government, so if they aren't able to reopen in Spring next year, then they will likely be forced into bankruptcy.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The theme park side of this is obviously very pertinent to us, but when I see things like that I always wonder how far reaching the impacts are. Without support the entire 'culture & leisure'* industry is at stake, which would be a massive blow to the whole country.

Fingers crossed the talk of vaccines and a generally brighter outlook ahead may help things get agreed to allow Grona Lund to open in 2021 - even if only in a limited capacity to start with.

*creds are obviously culture, in case anyone was wondering.