What's new

Small News From The Theme Park Industry

Wazzupnerds

Mega Poster
That entire RMC AMA was just them pouring gas on the thoosie fire and just watching it burn. Very little solid info came out of that regarding future projects. They did say that they were working on an international project however. They also mentioned - and subsequently doubled down on via Twitter - that there would be a T Rex update coming this week. I was under the impression that this model was shelved years ago, so interesting to see if this is substantial;
ALABAMA ADVENTURES T-REX STRATA INVERSION AND AIRTIME WORLD RECORD INCOMING

STMOE

Roller Poster
No new major coaster, so maybe it belongs in small news.
A press release has been released for news in 2023 - Dinosaurland gets even bigger. With an investment of approximately DKK 50 million in 3 novelties in 2023.
Henrik B. Nielsen says: "We are building 3 new rides in Dinosaurland. One of the novelties will be called SpinOsaurus and is the only one of its kind in Denmark. It's a really fun 'family thrill' ride, where guests rush back and forth on the back of a giant dinosaur skeleton at up to 70 km/h while spinning around. We are continuing the high level of ambition in Dinosaurland, and with the other two novelties, the Motorbike Derby and the Fossil Washer, there is no doubt that guests can look forward to even greater experiences in our new themed land when we open on 29 April 2023. "

Looks like a zamperla disko coaster and could be a sidecar from technical park covering already existing attractions from Fårup and Bon Bon land

Attachments

• campaign-images_284598_780739c6b3e44e15ad7589fb20183a28_580x580.jpg
    campaign-images_284598_780739c6b3e44e15ad7589fb20183a28_580x580.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
No new major coaster, so maybe it belongs in small news.
A press release has been released for news in 2023 - Dinosaurland gets even bigger. With an investment of approximately DKK 50 million in 3 novelties in 2023.
Henrik B. Nielsen says: "We are building 3 new rides in Dinosaurland. One of the novelties will be called SpinOsaurus and is the only one of its kind in Denmark. It's a really fun 'family thrill' ride, where guests rush back and forth on the back of a giant dinosaur skeleton at up to 70 km/h while spinning around. We are continuing the high level of ambition in Dinosaurland, and with the other two novelties, the Motorbike Derby and the Fossil Washer, there is no doubt that guests can look forward to even greater experiences in our new themed land when we open on 29 April 2023. "

Looks like a zamperla disko coaster and could be a sidecar from technical park covering already existing attractions from Fårup and Bon Bon land
Sorry, Disko's aren't coasters. This does not belong in Roller Coaster Construction.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Supposedly confirmed today that Enterprise at AT is gone for good.

Not too surprised given it's been out of action for over a year, but still unfortunate.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm not entirely sure this needs its own thread - merged with Small News.

Swat

Mega Poster
Supposedly confirmed today that Enterprise at AT is gone for good.

Not too surprised given it's been out of action for over a year, but still unfortunate.
Do Alton need full planning permission for flat rides? With the larger development/renewal of existing rides there does not seem to be a plan for the much needed flat ride additions so looks like we may see the Retro Squad get bigger next year.

STMOE

Roller Poster
Djurs sommerland 2023,
A little park map view of the updated dino land in Djurs 2023 with Spinosaurus (Disk'O Coaster, Zamperla) - Motorbike Derby (sidecar, technical park).
Fossilwasher (arguably the new location and name for the teacup carousel from the African section, placed in the middle of the dino zone)

Attachments

• IMG_20221005_125016.png
    IMG_20221005_125016.png
    836.2 KB · Views: 37

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere in the forum, but it seems that Balder at Liseberg is finally reopening this Fri (Oct 7th) after 15 months of retracking work:

Wanna know the best bit? Mrs Howie is at a trade show in Gothenburg right now, literally right across the street from Liseberg's entrance, and is going there on Fri night after the show wraps up.... and I can't be there!! 😭😭😭

Unless.... unless one of you lovely people is willing to babysit 3 dogs on Friday night?
Anyone?
🙏

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Pretty weird reasoning.
Is it? :D

There's an energy crisis in Europe and everyone should be thinking about trying to reduce their consumption. Big commercial and industrial users are some of the biggest consumers, and therefore should be thinking about their impact - however 'relatively' small. Plus, it's a smart PR move. Nothing about it seems weird to me.

Wazzupnerds

Mega Poster
Skyline is announcing a new ride tomorrow in their newsletter. Looks like I was right about it being a P’sghetti

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wazzupnerds

Mega Poster
Skyline is announcing a new ride tomorrow in their newsletter. Looks like I was right about it being a P’sghetti

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Update to that here

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
So this is interesting:
https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters/comments/xz6mf3/_/irl075y Apparently, based on someone who works at the park (aka CoasterLabs), the Tooth Fairy maze building at CGA (which was leveled not long ago) went in the name of a new ride.

A new ride....at the park that is currently slated to close in 2025-2033. Hmmmmmmm.

EDIT: The same user has stated, in a different post, that to put it simply the city of Santa Clara is NOT HAPPY with CF for selling the park to Prologis behind their back (oh yeah, they never notified the city that they were selling the park), and with Prologis for wanting to bulldoze it. Expect both companies to get an absolute lashing by the city.

Last edited:

Wazzupnerds

Mega Poster
So this is interesting:
https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters/comments/xz6mf3/_/irl075y Apparently, based on someone who works at the park (aka CoasterLabs), the Tooth Fairy maze building at CGA (which was leveled not long ago) went in the name of a new ride.

A new ride....at the park that is currently slated to close in 2025-2033. Hmmmmmmm.

EDIT: The same user has stated, in a different post, that to put it simply the city of Santa Clara is NOT HAPPY with CF for selling the park to Prologis behind their back (oh yeah, they never notified the city that they were selling the park), and with Prologis for wanting to bulldoze it. Expect both companies to get an absolute lashing by the city.
Probably was planned and had put the money down already. My guess is it's the last new ride barring some minor new things that could be moved quickly.

Also if Santa Clara didn't want CF to sell the land then maybe don't threaten to turn the park into a parking lot themselves every couple of years. Very simple!