What's new

Six Flags Qiddiya| Saudi Arabia | Theme Park

The park are getting an interactive trackless dark ride from ETF, called The Enchanted Greenhouse. It's being housed in a themed zone called 'Twilight Gardens'

They are also working with JoraVision and Alterface for the experience. The 3 companies were responsible for Bazyliszek at Legendia and Popcorn Revenge at Walibi Belgium.

The park are getting an interactive trackless dark ride from ETF, called The Enchanted Greenhouse. It's being housed in a themed zone called 'Twilight Gardens'

They are also working with JoraVision and Alterface for the experience. The 3 companies were responsible for Bazyliszek at Legendia and Popcorn Revenge at Walibi Belgium.
Color me suspect on these dark rides. Buying ride tech that underpins amazing marvels like Spiderman, Harry Potter Forbidden Journey, or Indiana Jones is one thing, having the actual engineering and IP to execute is another. The "Speed of Magic" ride for instance at Ferrari World Abu Dhabi (which uses the 4D Spiderman ride system) is absolute garbage, packed with Ferrari propaganda enough to even make North Korea cringe.

If I were to ever visit the park - still laser focused on the coasters. :p

The Emirates has its share of dark rides with underutilised tech and poorly executed theme - how did I miss that one? Would have been the cherry on top of a grumble pie.

Laser focused is right though.

Love the world's highest coaster catwalk on the airtime hill too. :p

I guess so someone can climb up and give the train a push if it gets perfectly balanced there?

Not sure I would want to climb it though. Looks like you have to climb a vertical ladder for 300-400ft and then take a narrow staircase in the clouds between the supports for the last section. Slightly surprised that it doesn't have a lift like TTD/Kingda Ka.

To me, it seems that what they are going to do is enable some kind of VIP Pass to be able to walk up to the top of the hill as is already done on other roller coasters around the world. And of course, evac and unlock train in case of a stop there.

To me, it seems that what they are going to do is enable some kind of VIP Pass to be able to walk up to the top of the hill as is already done on other roller coasters around the world. And of course, evac and unlock train in case of a stop there.

Cool idea in theory, but as mentioned, to get up there you have to climb a 300-400ft tall vertical ladder. I simply cannot imagine a realm where they can get a H&S sign off on that for paying members of the public.

Cool idea in theory, but as mentioned, to get up there you have to climb a 300-400ft tall vertical ladder. I simply cannot imagine a realm where they can get a H&S sign off on that for paying members of the public.
Yeah, I thought the same thing, but what if the vertical section is actually an elevator? I can't imagine the maintenance crew making that climb either 😅

Honestly, that's exactly what I'm hoping for (shut up and take my money mode: activated), but I know it's highly unlikely to happen...

Yeah, I thought the same thing, but what if the vertical section is actually an elevator? I can't imagine the maintenance crew making that climb either 😅

Honestly, that's exactly what I'm hoping for (shut up and take my money mode: activated), but I know it's highly unlikely to happen...

It is an elevator up to the stairs level.

I don't expect this to be used for tours. It is an evac only situation.

That pic (as evidenced by the watermark) was from the ECC, given to them (I think) by the VP of Operations at Qiddiya (Neil Dwyer) and they used it to promote a session they had last week with him - here's the original tweet;

The pic is a "tribute" to what Stan Checketts used to do with those S&S towers - see this FB pic for a few pics of that ;

Anyway, I attended the session (as did a few others on here I think) - and it was VERY interesting - Neil was a really impressive person, a proper coaster/park geek but channelling that geekiness with a very good business head to give him a really impressive list of jobs in the industry, ending up where he is now opening this monster park (and he is still pretty young (well, to me at least!)).

He talked about every coaster in the park in some detail, lots of new pics were shown too (not anything that we have not seen "publicly" similar ones of before, apart from maybe the tilt coaster - there was a good pic of that) and a few interesting stories around them all - like FF does not have a block on top of the cliff (just a trim to pause it before the drop) because if the train stopped in a block there and they had to evacuate it, it's a 20+min drive through Riyadh suburbs to get from the park to the clifftop 🤣

Last edited: