What's new

Six Flags Over Georgia | Twisted Cyclone | RMC I-Box (Georgia Cyclone Conversion)

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Any reason for it that you know of?

I actually have no legitimate sources but word on the street was that Six Flags wanted to just buy all the first gen parts left instead of putting a whole new second gen job in. Might’ve also had to do with their packed schedule not having time to fabricate new trains. Nothing I’ve heard of officially though, I’ll probably ask Fred and Alan on Media Day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JSM

Hutch

Strata Poster
Some more testing footage.

The airtime hill and zero g roll after the second turnaround looks like it'll be a pretty neat combo.

Last edited:

Jarrett

Yeah I’m mostly excited for the twisted horseshoe and wave turn, as well as the obvious air elements. Looks to breeze through there with some good rhythm so I’m expecting a good ride.

One week <3

Ben

CF Legend
It actually looks really fab - much better than I thought it was going to.

OK it’s not their best work ever but it’ll still be a great ride - if this had come around a few years ago we’d all have been gagging.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Saw this video on Reddit the other day, and it seems to be carrying some great speed(especially on that wave turn <3 )!

Like others have said, I'm pleasantly surprised at this. Obviously not their best work, but it's still an RMC. It'll be a very nice addition.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Yeah that's looking really nice. Although I think it looks like a lower tier RMC but it still could be a Top 20 coaster for me. That wave turn looks awesome.

It's fun to look back at the animation reveal and see a lot of people (including myself) think less of this, before slowly warming up to the ride and getting more excited.

Jarrett

Looks like Wicked Cyclone might have a Mini-Me with how well it flies through there! Most looking forward to the drop, wave turn, and that driver’s ed turn into the S-bend at the end. Do we think this might soft open?

Snoo

The Legend
To be honest, this looks like they simply upgraded Storm Chaser, which is already a great ride. We'll see how it actually rides (planning on going later this year) but definitely looks to be solid.