What's new

Six Flags Over Georgia | Twisted Cyclone | RMC I-Box (Georgia Cyclone Conversion)

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
So I’m in an Atlanta hotel room at the moment waiting to go tomorrow but after the drive I swung by to process my pass and get spited on the other credit I need there. Weather was nasty so nothing could run but it looks good for the ungodly hours of tomorrow morning, which is when it really counts. They were sending test trains today as the only coaster action around the park. Got some good shots though, they’re really ready to go on this!

d905b86f8fbf9fc7c4f5ba65ebac6a1d.jpg

The ride has a pretty small plaza but I like the theming on it.

71fc41a0a8ca70c8d86a173a63e3f64d.jpg

Ready for speakers!

75eab83617d8feddba75076d5e156788.jpg

This made me smile because I have a set of drink coasters my grandparents gave me that says the same thing on it.

1cd2bb4a3ca29a048f6703a9b61c0e85.jpg

I didn’t like the ride logo at first but it grew on me. Now I love how it’s everywhere!

c226401627f40010775f88f500744d30.jpg

For such a prominent ride it’s sad you can’t see much of it. From the ground it looks like a blue and white knot of machined rails and standard parts, I love it.

4df6fb05e462aae25fa5ca4fee589ca1.jpg

Loving the logo on the lift hill! Wish more parks would decorate lift hills to be honest, something I’m liking about the Six Flags RMCs.

6fb17ee7cfd6fa2758467c788d45caf7.jpg

I know I’m not that idiot that takes 1000 selfies anymore but I couldn’t help but get one with it.

70e9138314e4ac9137e17ae2ef9a92bd.jpg

Sadly, snapping a few pics of the ride is all I could do. All of Six Flags Over Georgia was down due to bad weather approaching. A Twisted Cyclone must be rolling in...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jarrett

Everything looks great! Loving the look of all the buildings.

Can't wait to see some POV footage of this!

The inside of the queue house is themed too! I’m torn between Rod and this for my favorite themed RMC, honestly. Love all the mechanical equipment in Rod’s queue line but this one makes me want to just hunker down, board up the windows, crack open a couple of Coronas and throw a hurricane party. The ride has a violent theme but it’s presented with humor and cheery colors, almost nihilist humor, I love it.

-x-

So...just got off four rides as the first public rider in the back shooting for Knoxville’s local news and I can say for sure it’s great! Not going to leave your thighs throbbing like Rod or Vengeance but it’s still ejector, and lots of it around the ride. Drop is really abrupt with a nice headchopper, pullout of the twisted horseshoe felt like a mini Chaser drop, the wave turn is absolutely amazing, and there are probably four or five good ejector moments on the second lap. My favorite part is probably the wave turn or the hop out of the overbank, least favorite is probably the overbanks themselves, most surprising was the little hop into the last turnaround, biggest letdown was the entry to the wave turn. All in all it’s a great ride, and proof that you don’t need extreme momentum to dish out a great experience. It’ll probably rank around Chaser and Outlaw for me.

45e7cc90e9e94dca379b8de9babf64e8.jpg

Oh yeah, and it rained. First ride was taken in a nice sunrise rain, tracks were dripping wet and it tore right through there.

0fe189530548eb9361d0fb7b60f7c16f.jpg

But I’m loving the ride! Thinking it’ll be a hit for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt N

CF Legend
Thanks for reporting back to us, @Jarrett! Really encouraging to hear that the ride is good! Also, this actually looks really well themed considering it's a Six Flags ride; some of the little touches really made me smile!

Also, I apologise for the fact that I did have to giggle a little at the irony that a storm came over when you went to ride a coaster named Twisted Cyclone...

Last edited:

Hutch

Strata Poster
Thanks for the review. Looks like it'll be a great little ride. Can't wait for a pov.

Actually planning to ride this in a few weeks, looking forward to it.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The step-down, zero-g and double hill combo after the overbank looks like a pretty nice set of elements!

Jarrett

Thanks for reporting back to us, @Jarrett! Really encouraging to hear that the ride is good! Also, this actually looks really well themed considering it's a Six Flags ride; some of the little touches really made me smile!

Also, I apologise for the fact that I did have to giggle a little at the irony that a storm came over when you went to ride a coaster named Twisted Cyclone...
Yeah, I like the theme, but it's not their best themed ride. Once you're past the queue house it's virtually gone, which sucks because what's at the start of the queue I love.

And I thought the same, thought that first pre-dawn twilight ride in the back in the rain...man! <3

Thanks for the review. Looks like it'll be a great little ride. Can't wait for a pov.

Actually planning to ride this in a few weeks, looking forward to it.
Glad to share my experiences as always, glad you enjoyed! And you're exactly right, it's a great little ride. Hope you enjoy, make sure to sit in the back for that kick over the drop!

Were you or Jerry there? Didn't see either of you, must have been after my time slot.

-x-

Last Twisted Cyclone post, I promise, but here's one more round of photos and a better review. Got a full TR up but since it's so long I'll just go over everything here.

sMF58yz.jpg

Best part of the ride #1! Great ejector, and probably the best visuals of any wave turn I've done.

WG5TkuH.jpg

And the other best part of the ride, the airtime here is killer in the back.

6mF62u2.jpg

My favorite photo I got of it in action!

SWojpjj.jpg

Close up shot of the trains, though I know they've been seen at IAAPA.

hWBKSd8.jpg

Theming in the queue house, mostly newspaper decals stuck to the walls and a random surfboard in the corner.

Anyway, the ride. It's a weird little RMC for sure, but it's the little RMC that could. It starts with my favorite pre-lift portion of any RMC I've done, complete with an outer banked turn that really caught me off guard the first time. The lift isn't as steep or as tall as any other RMC, but the drop really surprised me. Good pop of ejector going down, and the headchopper with the lateral C-channel holding up the wave turn was actually pretty convincing. I think Twisted Cyclone might have my new favorite headchopper, to be honest. The first element is a bit lackluster, it rolls smoothly through there but nothing terribly nuts, the pullout actually felt like a barrel roll drop with how slowly it's taken, but that's the only real weak moment on the ride. Coming out, the train flies right through that wave turn with no shame, making for some great ejector and really cool visuals as the rest of the ride pops out from under the train and you ride the side of the lift structure. From there, the step up into the overbank provides some good air, and the overbank itself is fairly standard. But coming out of the overbank, the little hill as the train steps down is the strongest moment of ejector on the ride, rivaling Wicked Cyclone's double down in terms of force magnitude. The roll is nice and smooth, it flips nice and fast, though not as violently as Steel Vengeance's last inversion. The two little airtime bumps after are very aggressive and do a great job of violently kicking you from your seat both times, with full magnitude ejector over both for maybe an eighth of a second. The overbank to turn to the brakes feels and looks very much like Steel Vengeance's, right down to that nice pull through the back. Finally, there's a drivers ed turn into an S-curve into the brakes, which the train takes at full speed, despite having lost so much of what little momentum it started the ride with. Force magnitude is about on par with Storm Chaser, pacing feels closer to Wicked Cyclone, mix of elements feels similar to Steel Vengeance's. I ranked it below Outlaw Run and above Storm Chaser as RMC 5/7 for me, make of it what you will. Only real complaint I have about it is a few dead elements and obviously the small size, but the way it handles all those tiny elements and the good variety definitely makes up for that.

Bi9RiDu.jpg

Think it's a great fit for the park too with their lineup. If that big B&M on one side of the entrance is Goliath, it now has a little tiny David to match it. Don't have much memory of this park and couldn't ride anything else but it's nothing like anything else they have.

Jpoiomc.jpg

Six Flags is ready to go on this! Can't wait to see how it fares this weekend when it makes landfall!