What's new

Six Flags Magic Mountain | "Full Throttle" | multi launch

ava1enzue1a

Mega Poster
Re: Six Flags Magic Mountain | "Full Throttle" | multi launc

Just visited the official page and... omg! That is so innovative/original! Coaster track both above and below the same spine!? Incredible. Never woulda imagined such a concept. This is pretty cool.

Xpress

Strata Poster

YOLOcoaster? Why do I even come here anymore.

Intricks

Strata Poster

JJLehto said:
I dont think YOLO included with anything, (or on its own) is cool but internet memes 101: the more you fight it the more intensely it'll be spread, so best to just let it go ha!

You. Off the internets for failing at knowing what the interwebs is all about in regards to the "YOLO" epidemic.

It is highly sarcastic when spoken about through memes and generally said through the random idiot face. It doesnt want it to spread.

Plus, memes are just fun and witty LOLcats and socially awkward penguin jokes run into the ground. Those that create memes would rather YOLO go off and die....just like Snooki.

Bird

Naemuti

Mega Poster

Please, someone nuke the last two pages of this thread.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

How about they do a Back to the Future and go back and change the promo video. I guarantee they will mention SWAG sometime with this ride...retards.

Lofty

CF Legend

Ok, although this coaster is absolute miles away from me, I NEED to ride it. I'm really looking forward to seeing it complete.

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster

tomahawKSU said:
How about they do a Back to the Future and go back and change the promo video. I guarantee they will mention SWAG sometime with this ride...retards.
It's funny you mention "swag." I was at SFNE today, and the Batman ride-op dispatched the train, saying "Six Flags Swag." Almost as bad as YOLO, but not as quite.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

Quote tunnels will certainly ease the burden :roll:

How about "it's not a real issue and stop with the bitching"?

bmac

Giga Poster

Judging by the way that will work there should be sensor right on top of the "top hat" where when the one train clears that sensor the other one launching into the loop can launch without issues.

With that in mind would Full Throttle be able to handle more than 3 trains?

Intricks

Strata Poster

^^ I think it might to be honest. One is the launch, second is the tunnel, third is the brake run at the end.

bmac

Giga Poster

Intricks said:
^^ I think it might to be honest. One is the launch, second is the tunnel, third is the brake run at the end.

That's why I said three since the sensor could basically say that the second block is safely cleared and the train at block one can launch freely.

Intricks

Strata Poster

I wasnt going by the PNR proxy you are explaining, Im going with what the blocks could be. This doesnt look to launch right from the station, rather you go into a seperate spot that will launch you. So the blocks would be:

Station/hold
Launch
MCBR/Launch 2
Brake run

Or is the station/hold/launch considered one block?

I know of the PNR and knew it was basically a sensor, just never knew what it was called.

bmac

Giga Poster
Re: Six Flags Magic Mountain |

Intricks said:
I wasnt going by the PNR proxy you are explaining, Im going with what the blocks could be. This doesnt look to launch right from the station, rather you go into a seperate spot that will launch you. So the blocks would be:

Station/hold
Launch
MCBR/Launch 2
Brake run

Or is the station/hold/launch considered one block?

I know of the PNR and knew it was basically a sensor, just never knew what it was called.

Other than the PNR that's exactly what I thought, too. Either way it's good to learn something every once in a while.

bmac

Giga Poster

Good point, the final brake run can serve as the maintenance bay transfer track. Or the station can be dual purpose like Storm Runner's. Plenty of rides don't run the maximum amount of trains per block, like Verbolten which has upwards of 7 blocks yet only runs five trains.

oriolat2

Giga Poster

UC said:
This is why most modern coasters (though not all), always contain enough zones to hold the entire compliment of trains either in the station or in its pre-station brake zones.

In modern applications, MCBRs are more for "just in case" purposes than they are to actually function as holding points for a train - their primary function is capacity, and they're really there out of logical necessity than they are to serve as a true stopping point in the midst of a ride.

Exactly. For instance, B&Ms always have two more blocks than the number of trains that can be running simultaneously. So, a ride with two trains has four blocks: station, lift hill, circuit-main brake, secondary brake-transfer.

If anybody has ever operated a roller coaster with a screen on the panel, it's quite illustrative as you can see trains "entering" and "leaving" blocks as they go around the circuit.

BTW, it was already stated that Full Throttle would run a max. of two trains at the same time. With a train going out of the station every 60 seconds (perfectly feasible) I worked out a capacity of 1.080 pph. Not bad for any park but certainly low for such a big park like SFMM.