What's new

SFMM | West Coast Racers | Premier Quad Launch Möbius Sky Rocket

EpochEmu

Mega Poster
I don't think we'll be seeing a launched Steeplechase.
It would make sense though, maybe the racing theme means there are motorcycle themed cars- for which a launch would make more sense, instead of a motorcycle going up a lift hill.
I don't think it's a steeplechase at all though, or at least I hope it isn't.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
^I can't imagine it would be, with Knott's Berry Farm Pony Express within an hour away.
Six Flags gives zero ****s of what's nearby. Look at San Antonio, they added a Batman clone with one 10 mins away.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

rideguy70

Mega Poster
I don't know if that's really true in SoCal. There was a big rumor a year or two ago that SFMM was going to get a B&M Dive Machine, but backed off when they heard Knott's was going forward with Hangtime.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I don't know if that's really true in SoCal. There was a big rumor a year or two ago that SFMM was going to get a B&M Dive Machine, but backed off when they heard Knott's was going forward with Hangtime.
The Dive Machine rumor has been around for 10+ years. It's supposedly been in the following locations of the park...

Viper replacement
Deja Vu replacement
Log Jammer plot (Full Throttle)
Jet Stream area
Off side of mountain in general

It's like a KBF hyper...always rumored, still not happening.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
The fact they pushed the announcement to be before the chain-wide announcement gives me some hope for a great ride. Not high hopes, but hope nonetheless.

Matt N

CF Legend
What Screamscape is suggesting is that the ride will be an RMC Raptor with two launches that functions like a steel version of Twisted Colossus.

It would seem that nobody has any idea regarding this... 29th August can't come soon enough!

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I'm your conductor of this hype train. Next stop is hypeville and we are going to crash straight into the brick wall that is on the way there. Buckle up amd kiss your ass goodbye!

Matt N

CF Legend
I can't wait for the 29th... I reckon SFMM will pull a surprise out of the bag for their 20th! Maybe a huge S&S launch coaster that reaches a speed of over 100mph and has the world's fastest acceleration? Now that sounds amazing to me!

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
98c.gif

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
What about a second-hand Zamperla family coaster themed to (that is, built on) a derelict parking lot? Would save them tons of money.

Matt N

CF Legend
What about two separate RMC Raptors that races each other?
That's similar to what Screamscape is suggesting, actually. So it could be true... It would also make more sense than a quasi mobius Raptor, as it would double the capacity, which is definitely needed at a park like SFMM.

kenny cook

Mega Poster
Hate to be that guy that shares facts, but... everything would perfectly line up with the world's largest Skywarp:
-Two trains that race/duel each other
-One big long strip of footer's placement
-Can be marketed as a rollercoaster, which is a big draw for Six Flags
-Two (trains) are better than (one)
-Six Flags could easily program it so it's takes a forward, backward, and then a final forward acceleration (similar to a Sky Rocket II) and market it as "the world's LARGEST, LONGEST, TALLEST, and FASTEST triple launch rollercoaster in the ENTIRE COUNTRY/WORLD" which let's face it, would not even be close to being a stretch for them