What's new

SFGAdv | Jersey Devil Coaster | RMC Raptor | 2021

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I also noticed that the lift hill, mid-course and final brake run are a little wonky. As well as those track jolts, I'm a little concerned that the track build quality of these Raptors is lower than the prototypes. Perhaps to reduce costs?

On another note there is no doubt in my mind it will speed up quite considerably, given how slow it is going into the brakes.

Eyebrows

Hyper Poster
Those track jolts are concerning, especially considering that the other two raptors don’t have them. From the POV it looks like they’ll be noticeable at best, painful at worst. I guess, as always, all we can do is wait and see.

Ries

Mega Poster
The layout of Stunt Pilot looks more exciting than this one to me. Ok, the zero-g stall and roll looking great. But I guess I expected way more.
And what is up with the little weird twisty thing on top of the dive loop?

Edit: The back seat is going to be the best I suppose.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
The layout of Stunt Pilot looks more exciting than this one to me. Ok, the zero-g stall and roll looking great. But I guess I expected way more.
And what is up with the little weird twisty thing on top of the dive loop?

Edit: The back seat is going to be the best I suppose.
The "dive loop"s on Jersey Devil and the Raptor prototypes are called "Late Turn Down Raven"s. At first, I just thought this was a fancier name for a dive loop as well, but after riding Wonder Woman, this element is actually significantly different. At the top of a Late Turn Down Raven, the train banks heavily to the side, giving a pop of sideways airtime - not unlike a wave turn - and inverts going down the half-loop; compare this to a normal dive loop inverting at the top (ala Stunt Pilot's) and not giving sideways air.

I'm personally wondering if this will give the same, out-of-control feeling as the prototypes. I'm sure that the pacing has something to do with that, but I'm also confident that the Raptors' extremely compact, tightly-woven layouts contributed as well. However, my favorite part of Wonder Woman is the sustained ejector airtime, and Jersey Devil looks to have at least twice as many sustained airtime moments as the former, so it's bound to be awesome.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
I got excited by the off-ride shots... but then I watched the POV. What the hell is with those jolts over the track joints? And that awful clatter at the end of the MCBR? That can't be right, surely?? It's as if something on the train is actually catching on those sticky-up bolts. Not only can you hear it, but it visibly shakes the camera mount too, every single one.
Basically it looks and sounds rough as f***!
God help them if that's how it rides.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
I got excited by the off-ride shots... but then I watched the POV. What the hell is with those jolts over the track joints? And that awful clatter at the end of the MCBR? That can't be right, surely?? It's as if something on the train is actually catching on those sticky-up bolts. Not only can you hear it, but it visibly shakes the camera mount too, every single one.
Basically it looks and sounds rough as f***!
God help them if that's how it rides.
This seemed noticeable on stunt pilot's POV as well (when you weren't in an inversion)

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
Yeah that doesn't exactly look "smooth". There were definitely noticeable sections like that on Railblazer, but it certainly wasn't every single track joint like that seems to be. Could be the camera mount adding to the shaking, but not entirely to blame.

Kind of surprised this track joint issue wasn't addressed with these 2nd Gen Raptors. The addition of a top running plate of steel (like the IBox coasters post-Iron Rattler) certainly would have helped it. Can't be good for those wheels to constantly be bashing into the next track section like that...

cocoa

Mega Poster
i suppose i'll have to withhold my judgement to see whether those jolts are felt IRL or just by the camera mount, but i'm a little suspicious.

anyway, the layout still looks great. i'm happy technology has finally caught up enough that we can actually ride the ridiculous coasters that animators put in cartoons

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
I mean there's no way it'll be like that/its a result of camera picking up everything?
I didn't notice a thing on railblazer and can't imagine it being like that. Least I hope cause yea that would be brutal, but I'm not too concerned, nor was I with the speed.
I know...funny from the guy who had the dumbass freakout LRod may be ruined haha but in RMC we trust, I have no concern and will wait to ride it.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Some more off ride footage from the park. All aerial/drone footage this time (I believe this was among the first test runs).

Seems like the park is making an effort to open this soon. Should be ready to go next month perhaps?

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I'm pretty confident this will naturally take longer to test than the likes of Stunt Pilot though, given it will run 4 trains (but moreso because Six Flags). That being said I would bet official opening is probably about a month off, or 4th July at the latest.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Testing with two trains now. Looking fantastic!

Really hope they do commit to the four train operations, or even three at least.