What's new

SFDK | Superman Ultimate Flight|Premier Rides launch coaster

Intricks

Strata Poster
Re: Superman Ultimate Flight, Premier Rides launch coaster,

Ben said:
I... What are you all on? It looks **** crap.

Wow, it launches you really slow into brakes... Then you drop with... brakes. It looks stupid, gimmicky for the sake of it, and just retarded. There's a REASON stuff like this hasn't been built before, because it's retarded. Whatever happened to building a good coaster and just letting it sell itself? This looks like it'll be a gimmicky waste of space that has no capacity whatsoever... It's basically the best thing since an El Loco, an X Car would have been loads better.

And Arly, to slate their Impulse when you haven't been on it (/any)... Their Impulse is freakin' insane, it's miles better than this piece of crap will be.

The trims are there for a reason hun. You may think it is a gimmick, but it does the same thing a dive machine does basically. Instead of holding you there, you slowly creep forward, and when you're released, you are given this fab pop of ejector air. The hang time that will happen during that )arrel roll is going to scare the piss out of a lot of peeps (GP) as this wont have a seat belt.

The reason why we no longer have stand alone rides without a gimmick is because of the economy, the demand for a gimmick as a selling point is high nowadays, and they do add an extra thrill. Blame the GP, blame the ever rising standards coaster enthusiasts have or blame the economy, your pick.

Whilst I do agree the layout seems a bit lack luster and that its capacity is going to be utter ****, the ride will offer a unique experience not yet really found in the US (as we dont have an extended Sky Loop) and Im damn glad Six Flags didnt just decide to do another Batman the Ride/Superman: Ultimate Flight for the most part.

Ive been on an inverted impulse, sorry, but they havent wowed me yet...

Switching between the hideouts'...

Cole_NE

Roller Poster

Ben said:
And Arly, to slate their Impulse when you haven't been on it (/any)... Their Impulse is freakin' insane, it's miles better than this piece of crap will be.

Oh the hypocrisy...

Ben

CF Legend

The trims are there for a reason hun. You may think it is a gimmick, but it does the same thing a dive machine does basically. Instead of holding you there, you slowly creep forward, and when you're released, you are given this fab pop of ejector air. The hang time that will happen during that )arrel roll is going to scare the piss out of a lot of peeps (GP) as this wont have a seat belt.

Oh yeah, where have I heard this before...?

0al5v40g0o5u788d9000im.jpg

Oh yeah...

There's a slight difference between this and a Dive Machine. Just a tiny one.

I'm sorry, I'm just too long in the tooth in this coaster thing to be fooled into thinking this will be good. We were all excited when we saw the El Locos, then realised they suck. This does absolutely nothing that's not incredibly pointless, and come opening, people will just be repeating what I'm saying now. Mark my words.

Actually, reminds me of something else with OMFG crazy, unique elements that are so exciting...

j8v80c3ecq40s0009c2vi0.jpg

There's a reason they only sold one of those...

Intricks

Strata Poster

Actually, Skyrocket seems to be a success, which is where im drawing the trims from (same company and ive ridden it). **** El Locos, they LOOK retarded. Stingray looks interesting, and I figured the US didnt want one cause of the B&M flyers and the Vekoma Dutchman just disappearing.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

My instincts tell me this is the kind of ride I'll hate, but its a premier, so by some miracle they will make it epic.

Italianblobjobcoasterdoesn'tcount.

Ben

CF Legend

Sky Rocket looks nice, but, it's hardly heralded as the second coming of Jesus. It opened and then everyone forgot about it...

And the El Locos and Stingray are horrible. They're gimmicky rides that try and do messed up stuff that just doesn't work... Like this will do.

Intricks

Strata Poster

^^The themeing makes the ride on Italian Job. My young cousin enjoyed it, but he isnt that big of a coaster fan. It was fun to me as I had never ridden it, but it is in the category of "Grab the cred and never look back".

^Never stated Skyrocket was, but Im going to assume the trim is going to be utilized the same way for this ride. Plus, Skurocket disappeared cause it wasnt over 400ft, over 90mph and didnt do a **** ton of inversions. It is a family coaster and was meant to fill the void Steel Phantom left (inversions) when it got revamped to Phantoms Revenge. It was marketed as such also, so it wasnt meant for us addicts looking for their next big hit.

Martyn B

CF Legend

I'm with Ben on this, I think it looks ****. Different, but ****.

Absolutely nothing to get even remotely excited over.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster

Ben said:

Oh I know I haven't been on one. In fact, I've barely been on coasters, but I just think that would prefer a ride like this. Of course, I'd have to ride both types to make a full judgement, but this is just a what I prefer the look of comparison.

Josh73

Giga Poster

I think that this will be an okay ride. No Top Ten or Golden Tickets(even though those awards are crap), but it does look like a decent Premier Ride. I thought it was Maurer Sohne before I read the discription. Does anyone else think it looks like the work of Maurer? This coaster will be capacity crap. If they had one, quick launch, they could have two trains. But with the wierd rock-back thing, that won't happen. I think it will be very thrilling, but not too amazingly fun.

Verdict: Another slightly above average coaster.

Newtrek5

Mega Poster

I think this ride looks fantastic. And I LOVE the restraint system here. Very well done, and I think it compliments the park's coaster line up quite well.

D1993

Hyper Poster

People complain too much. So dam picky and freaking annoying. The ride will be great, thats all that needs to be said

Jake

Strata Poster

Premier </3.

I can imagine this being quite putrid. I'd like to give it a go (cred <3), but I doubt it would get a reride.

I'm sure the GP will love it for a year or so though.

Intricks

Strata Poster

^^ To each their own. Some will love it, some will hate it. Premier has a bad rep that they are slowly trying to build up. The coaster community knows that and tends to dislike them due to an apparent (never exepeinced one myself) rough ride or some other bs. I for one, am glad that Six Flags didnt decide to just dump one of those into every single park (Batman the ride anyone?) like they have done so in the past.

^ Honestly, why the hate on Premier? I know Chioler: Batman and Robin was nothing short of a complete disaster, but they have made nice rides before. Yea, they really havent pushed the envelope, but one bomb and several maintenece issues shouldnt deserve that much hate....Can I please be enlightened why Premier is considered such an atrocity on here?

Martyn B

CF Legend

^ I dont think its to do with Premier at all, the layout is the reason I dont like the look of it.

And I'd take a Batman clone over this ANYday.

Venom2053

Hyper Poster

Wow that looks amazing. I think the brakes are used to create the suspense in the heart line roll. if you stop suddenly and slowly approach it draws out the inversion..rather than speeding through it.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

The premier hate comes from the OTSRs on the spaghetti bowl coasters.

Intricks

Strata Poster

Ah. They removed them though, so they at least saw the flaw and heard the complaints (possibly) apparently.

Newtrek5

Mega Poster

Yep, and Mr. Freeze is now one of my favorite steel coasters. This ride looks original and screwed up, in a good way. I'll take this over another boring ass B&M anyday!

Lofty

CF Legend

Intricks said:
Ah. They removed them though, so they at least saw the flaw and heard the complaints (possibly) apparently.

You do realise you're not "Switching between the hideouts'..." on that post. Right?