What's new

SeaWorld Orlando | Pipeline: The Surf Coaster | B&M Surf Coaster | 2023

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Tropical Storm is a wee bit of an understatement:
View attachment 20579
Yes absolutely - despite making light of the extreme irony, absolutely dreadful timing for receiving a hurricane, especially this late in the season.

From marketing optics, this puts SeaWorld in an interesting marketing pickle. Wouldn't be surprised if they even pushed the announcement into late winter/early spring to steer very clear of Hurricane Ian and it's respective clean-up.

fartsalad

Roller Poster
Yes absolutely - despite making light of the extreme irony, absolutely dreadful timing for receiving a hurricane, especially this late in the season.

From marketing optics, this puts SeaWorld in an interesting marketing pickle. Wouldn't be surprised if they even pushed the announcement into late winter/early spring to steer very clear of Hurricane Ian and it's respective clean-up.
Some of the biggest brands from Florida are all called Hurricanes. Restaurant, resorts, sports teams. The coaster has correlation to storms but it's a moderate thrill coaster so it's surfing in high tide not hurricane lol..

Though high tide and a hurricane means catastrophe

fartsalad

Roller Poster
Basic construction has resumed. Park opening October 1 /2022 in full capacity. No considerable damages nor loss of life.

Last edited:

fartsalad

Roller Poster

fartsalad

Roller Poster
Since I don't like having my phone on me at the park, and multiple sources keep updated photos: in person it's pretty amazing to see.

The track is placed up to where it's no longer launch track and begins it's ascent into the first element!

Matt N

CF Legend
I must admit that the more I see of this ride, the more I'm pretty excited and intrigued by it! That launched airtime hill looks very interesting indeed, and I am quite interested to see how B&M tackles a modern day stand up coaster!

Out of interest, do we reckon it'll be open by June 2023? I only ask because I'm in Florida between the dates of 10th-24th June 2023, so if it's open by June, then there's a very good chance I'll be riding it!

Pear

Strata Poster
Out of interest, do we reckon it'll be open by June 2023? I only ask because I'm in Florida between the dates of 10th-24th June 2023, so if it's open by June, then there's a very good chance I'll be riding it!
I'd be surprised if it wasn't open by then. I'm assuming they're going for a March/April opening especially with how quickly they're moving right now.

Lofty

CF Legend
I've just been looking at SeaWorld's opening dates to try to find a rhythm like most other parks, thinking June etc., to tie in with their busy periods.

But, they literally range from February - October 😂

fartsalad

Roller Poster
I must admit that the more I see of this ride, the more I'm pretty excited and intrigued by it! That launched airtime hill looks very interesting indeed, and I am quite interested to see how B&M tackles a modern day stand up coaster!

I see them staggering the opening of Serengeti flyer at BGT and the surf coaster about a month apart. I see pass holder previews for the swing in February -April and ride open in May. Shortly thereafter same thing for surf coaster

I've just been looking at SeaWorld's opening dates to try to find a rhythm like most other parks, thinking June etc., to tie in with their busy periods.

But, they literally range from February - October 😂
SeaWorld is open 365 days a year.