What's new

SeaWorld Orlando | Pipeline: The Surf Coaster | B&M Surf Coaster | 2023

jasone

Roller Poster
I’m still struggling to see this idea taking off beyond this if I’m honest. I just don’t think the idea of standing up while riding is even that ground breaking to the GP anymore, and seats/restraints that move a bit isn’t exactly wow factor either. I’m sure B&M will do it well, and it will be beautifully comfortable, but I don’t think this has a big enough USP! When the concept needs that really close up shot of the seat moving the tiniest bit just to explain it… most of the GP are unlikely to even notice/care. Maybe just my opinion though. 😅

JoshC.

Strata Poster
The bobbing seats feel like something that would be cooler on a standard sit down train than a stand up.

I'm intrigued, but more out of morbid curiosity than anything else.

Furiustobaco

Mega Poster
I am just glad B&M are trying something different- if it fails maybe they could convert to different trains? Honestly though it could start a new trend, who knows. I am intruiged, and have a open neutral mind- i think it is a little weird of an addition to their already B&M heavy lineup, but i am sure it could be a lot of fun.

Bpolson75

Roller Poster
It’s not a weird name if you knowing surfing in Hawaii… but as you mention that could be a possible nickname if it’s bad!

AidanCKY

Mega Poster
Pipeline makes sense to people who know surfing. I suspect most Sea World visitors will be a bit confused though.

Ride looks interesting, I would say the movement of the seats will have a big dampener on it so it should be quite smooth how it works. Probably barely noticable to the average person would be my guess!

Lofty

CF Legend
The fact that they're really emphasising the moving seats in the video makes me think it will be a noticeable trait to the ride. One of the shots really focuses on this feature. I'm quite excited for it.

emoo

Hyper Poster
Nice video from Dan

They put on a decent show for the media and a significant upgrade from the recent Williamsburg one so I can excuse the cringe.

I still feel both excited and underwhelmed by lots of things. Its very confusing. Leaning more on the side of hope as at least it looks better than the last coaster (I suspect easier to get in and out of the trains too).

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
They put on a decent show for the media and a significant upgrade from the recent Williamsburg one so I can excuse the cringe.
Oh, you mean when the Pantheon live-stream crashed and never came back online? :p

emoo

Hyper Poster
I didn't know about the Pantheon mess, ha, was more thinking the DarKoaster reveal when the company representatives came off as clueless about the park or not best suited to presentations.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I didn't know about the Pantheon mess, ha, was more thinking the DarKoaster reveal when the company representatives came off as clueless about the park or not best suited to presentations.
I mean in their defense, I'm still trying to figure out why we're going to jet ski through a haunted house. :p

ArE yOu InSiNuAtInG tHaT PaRk ChAiNs ReCyClE bRaNdInG cOnTeNt!?