What's new

SeaWorld Orlando | Mako | B&M Hyper Coaster

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Re: Rumored B&M for Sea World Orlando

Looks fantastic <3 it really is what Florida needs. I know the polercoaster is coming in a couple year but there is nothing really 'tall' coaster wise in Florida. It is a shame though that this will only be the tallest and fastest in Florida for a year max.

ThomVD

Giga Poster

I'm postponing my visit to Florida until the end of time.

Ben

CF Legend

Amazing!

With this and Manta they'll have the best coaster selection in Orlando (not that that's overly hard tbh).

I hope it's a plain B&M Hyper cause they're the best ride type ever, but I could be down for a launch.

The park is still a hole but yay!

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

Diamondback is a hyper and goes 80 mph, so a normal Lift-hill hyper is very plausible. I just hope I can go to SeaWorld next time I go to Florida!

EDIT: Just a head's up, the park never specified any manufacturer. This could still very well be a Mack or an Intamin. But i'm sticking with the guess of a B&M Hyper.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster

After all the issues Busch had with both Cheetah Hunt AND Falcons Fury... I doubt its gonna be an Intamin ride. (Just see how well their partnership with Vekoma went after Rhino Rally was built (lolol))

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek

It's been a good week for coaster news. Two buses coming along at once and all that!

tomahawk

Strata Poster

Was speaking to my wife about a Florida trip for next year, this just makes me want to go more!

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster

Yes, yes, and yes! I never thought I'd see the day! About time SeaWord got something worth returning.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

SeaWorld has trademarked the names Reef Hunter and Strikewinder. One of these might be the Hyper. The other could be the spinner at BGT. My guess is:

Reef Hunter- Hyper

Strikewinder- Spinner

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Alex23

Roller Poster

Haven't they also trademarked Mako, I seem to remember reading that on OU. Considering the rumoured tie in with sharks I think that might be the more likely option.

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster

I'm led to believe this might be a Mack Rides launched coaster. Think SWSD Manta meets Blue Fire Megacoaster meets Helix, but 200ft tall. As for the name, they filed for the trademark "MAKO" a week or so ago. With the social media campaign #NothingFaster, and since Mako is the fastest species of Shark, that's the #1 option IMO.

Ben

CF Legend

^Oh God can you imagine how good that would be!

That would make me so happy, with that and Manta in one park <3

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016

I'd put my money on Mako being the name for our B&M. Reef Hunter sounds like a dark shooter (probs for another Seaworld park) as some have mentioned (maybe they liked what Triotech did for Cedar Fair and decided to get in on it). Strikewinder does sound like a name for a spinner in BGT's Egyptian section, but the park has Sand Serpent already so that makes me a smidge skeptical.

I always thought the Manta brand used for the flyer and Mack would work well on a B&M hyper with a splashdown, so something similar done with Mako would be great.

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster

^But remember, SeaWorld/Busch filed for the trademark "Cobra's Curse" a week or 2 ago. Both Cobra's Curse & Strikewinder sound like names for a MACK spinner, but I think Cobra's Curse will be the name they choose for the BGT project.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

^ SeaWorld Entertainment owns both SeaWorld and Busch Gardens parks. Any trademarks they file can go to any park.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

elephant58

Hyper Poster

That's not what I meant. A cobra-themed coaster at SeaWorld is far more unlikely to happen, that at Busch Gardens.

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster

Yeah, I just worded that wrong. I'm thinking Cobra's Curse will go to BGT for the spinning coaster.

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster

The speed of the coaster has been teased.
CF8fR4_UMAAbfV1.jpg

Source: ThrillGeek and WKMG Local 6 News

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

Not even a real fish went that fast...

I'm going to place my money on Mako for the Hyper now.