What's new

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
Yes, these coast. They use tire propelled launches to launch the trains back and forth until the train makes it around the course.

Matt N

CF Legend
Someone should ask RCDB why Tidal Twister isn't on there, but HQCC is.
I did, and Duane said to me that he doesn't want to presume that the ride works the same as SFDK's Skywarp, so he's waiting until he sees Skyline at a conference in a month's time until he decides whether or not to put it on the database. That's what he said to me when I contacted him, anyway.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
None of the skywarp derivatives coast at all. Each set of coaches is connected by a series of skeleton chassis to maintain distance and there are tire drives in each station. Either one or both tire drives are engaged at any given moment.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
No, because a powered coaster has a train, not a continuous loop, they speed up as they go downhill. This is more akin to a Music Express flat ride. One continuous train.

4.jpg

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
One can count coasters however they want. I personally won't be counting these skywarps due to the powered aspect, but some people might want to because of how much they resemble a true roller coaster, which is understandable. Ultimately, it's your own coaster count - you can tailor your own rules however you want.

Matt N

CF Legend
Fair enough; I will personally be counting these Skywarps because RCDB has Harley Quinn on the database and because the system behind these looks more like that of a coaster than that of a super loop. To me, it's kind of like the difference between a half-pipe and a Disk'O.