What's new

"SAW - The Ride" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Mystery Mine has a very similar drop. I saw it on TPR.

I really like the idea though. As Pokey said, this will really give the opportunity for some great theming.

I'm sure we'll start to see more happening now, and hopefully we'll see some nice pictures.

^ Oops. But this one looks steeper than MM's.
p18910.jpg

Though, it may just be the angle. And do you really think Thorpe Fanboys would know (or care) about Mystery Mine? For all I know, it could be PMBO all over again.

And I hope Dylan will look like that when finished...

1200th post, yay!

^ The whole thing will be inside the station building. From the looks of it, it'll be completely hidden from sight which will create a great shocker for unsuspecting guests.

http://www.thorpeparkguide.com/2009/photos/plan12.jpg

I have always been wondering how the floor change was going to happen from first floor to ground and back again. I do agree completely with Lain though, This would have been an amazing final addition, but I suppose they want to get on with the actual station building construction too.

Firstly, you're right. That doesn't look as steep. In the video on TPR it is dark, so the train just drops off into a hole. I thought it was a mini-drop.

Again, I agree. If Thorpe can make Dylan look like that then I'll be over the moon!

As said, this drop and the track they currently have up will all be inside the station building. Its quite difficult to put up the track once the station is already complete, hence why that part of the track is going up first. :p

I don't think the drop is quite vertical, it looks to be about 80*+, very close but not quite. I'm uploading a set of pics at the mo, but its taking forever, but that should show you a side on angle.

Here we go then:

Unloading a section of track in the morning. It looks like it could be part of the main drop, but I actually think its the corner just before the heartline roll, since the exit of it kinks at a funny angle.

730xg1.jpg

14250z6.jpg

Once that lorry was unloaded, they put the first track segment up.

am9uzp.jpg

34ihks2.jpg

2ezn2nk.jpg

They then layed this piece of track out ready to go up, but left it there for the rest of the day. I think this must be the pull out of that drop and entrance to the banked corner after.

2q9l9ft.jpg

Then came the transfer track from station to drop.

30ma5xj.jpg

2dmk21.jpg

2m5ymts.jpg

And in this lorry is.... MORE TRACK!

v8nakz.jpg

Another look at the drop.

2czdqo.jpg

And finally, this is the side view you get from the end of Collossus's heartline rolls..

2rcncxx.jpg

And excuse the crappy rushed watermark - Me don't like people stealing my photos. :p

All photos belong to Coasterforce, please don't use them elsewhere without prior permission.

Bravo Peter don't worry about mark, I have had photos used on other sites before, annoying but it happens, good photos though. Looks very interesting to see at last a bit of track in place, makes it all seem real now.

The photo copying doesn't really bother me normally, but already 2 sites that i've come across (not naming any names) have copied the photos and not bothered to credit me, CF or link back to here. Since these are the first (or so that i've seen) vertical construction picture on the net, its nice for people to know where they came from - and it means CF gets more attention. :p

Looking at the highet of that drop the station building is going to be quite imposing! Should look amazing if they get the themeing right and not make the building look too 2 dimensional. Nice fast start to the ride. Cant wait to see more :--D

If they call this ride 'Dylan'.. I will personally come to the UK and shoot all of the Thorpe Park management.

That drop actually does look really nice. I'm impressed. Should be a lot of fun... a nice quick one a little smaller then Mystery Mine's first. That one was pretty fantastic, so this should be a lot of fun.

I was thinking of a small swooping drop like Inferno, but that looks sweet! Anyone up for the worlds best Euro-fighter? Place your bets! :)

I preferred Speed, it's longer, the loop is very intense, the drop is better and the air-time hill is very powerful. However, I don't think either rides are very remarkable to be honest.

I just wish that they'd learn how to make round corners rather than square ones! :lol:

Thing is, quite often it's the atmosphere of a ride which can make or break it. If they get the station and pre-drop right on this, it can help bolster your opinion of the ride before it really even starts. This is looking much better than I imagined already, and I don't doubt it'll take the crown of **** which is "UK's best Eurofighter" :lol:

I think Mystery Mine will keep the world's best title :)

Status
Not open for further replies.