What's new

"SAW - The Ride" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
You never know; it may not have nothing to do with horror. It might be about kid called Dylan's shed and he has this new toy which is a Euro-Fighter. Everyone in the queue is his friend. That would go pretty well :p

^ And hes 13 years old and lost his lunchbox in a building site and now is going to be grounded for playing on a building site. The ride promotes building site dangers and that childen shouldn't play on them.

^Possibility really. There are a lot of coasters around that promote/advertise some random company; Drayton and Blackpool for example. Highly doubtful for Thorpe. If it did happen it'll probably be advertising some stimulant drink or radio station, like most do for some reason :s

Its not as if Thorpe havn't had a ride sponsored before. They had ribena rumba rapids. It could be advertising the London dungeons. They are owned by the same company after all.

^The workers are still faffing about with the mud. So not much has changed at all since the last photos.

^^They are working on the piles and foundation work of the station at the moment it seems. It's not really worthy of photos, except the set of piles that come within feet of Loggers' track.

If I put a picture up, you would see not much more than before!

Still looks like alot of ground work to be completed. When thats all done the tracks for Eurofighters go up pretty fast.

^The track might go up pretty fast, but it looks like the theming will take some time. It will probably be done during the winter anyway.

Swat said:
Well yeah, Im hopeing for good themeing inside Mystery Mine style.

This is Thorpe.

All we'll get it a rusty old shed with graffiti all in the queue line. I'd love it if they could pull more off however.

^well, something like the advert they have got out for it would be good. Somehow, i think they will pull it off and get some good theming. However, if there are any ride effects (smoke or something), they probably wont work :p It would match all the other coasters effects :D

I have faith in Thorpe with this, Most Eurofighters are well themed they are really easy to theme. Im not expecting anything amazing but lights, fog and some random cogs will do nicely. I for one don't really want to know what they do intill I ride it.

UncleArly said:
Swat said:
Well yeah, Im hopeing for good themeing inside Mystery Mine style.

This is Thorpe.

All we'll get it a rusty old shed with graffiti all in the queue line. I'd love it if they could pull more off however.

Its owned by Merlin now; besides, N:I was themed vey good and even Colossus was themed exceptionally well, I'm sure with the addition of John Wardley there'll be a little inspiration in there.

A lot of parks get easily graffited; even Disneyland have there fair amount graffiti in the queue lines. Can't beat PA's Stampida for graffiti - Thats just awful!

coasterchris93 said:
Its owned by Merlin now; besides, N:I was themed vey good and even Colossus was themed exceptionally well, I'm sure with the addition of John Wardley there'll be a little inspiration in there.

NI is not themed well. If you think the volcano is good theming, it's not. It's half box, half volcano; and that half-volcano is the only theming there is.

Colossus is no better either. The only proper theming is the station, and it's only average theming in my opinion.

This ride does look very promising though. Just a fair amount of good theming would do it I think - No boxes for stations, actual proper theming! Eurofighters on their own are very good coasters, so a bit of good theming could make this one of the best rides in the country. I really hope they can pull it off. [-o<

jacoaster said:
NI is not themed well. If you think the volcano is good theming, it's not. It's half box, half volcano; and that half-volcano is the only theming there is.

It is good themeing though. Ok, I would have the front of the shed with more concrete volcano, But there isn't much point in doing the back. No-body will see it. All the buildings around Inferno are themed aswell, with lava lumps on footers, about the area, and Music, and there are the odd effects about. Nemesis doesn't have much more than that to be honest.

Colossus is a bit basic yes. But with a clean up, it would look good. Its themeing is really dirty at the moment!

Im not making any comment on Proj. Dylan untill I see built.

Status
Not open for further replies.