What's new

SAW: The Ride - Download on page 20

So far I like what I am seeing, but to be honest I am not the biggest fan of your texturing. The textures look to be of a too lower resolution for the models and thats making them look really poor quality. They need to be of a much higher res.

Just my opinion.

The textures are the real ones off the ride. I actually take pictures of the rides walls to get the exact texture onto the sim.
And I haven't got a very powerful computer so I that limits me as well as when I do too much it slows everything down etc.
Thanks for the comment anyway. :)

Ollie said:
The textures are the real ones off the ride. I actually take pictures of the rides walls to get the exact texture onto the sim.
And I haven't got a very powerful computer so I that limits me as well as when I do too much it slows everything down etc.
Thanks for the comment anyway. :)

Ok so I understand that they are photo textures, but they still look really poor quality too me. I'm not sure if that's your editing or if its just the screenshots, but i'm guessing its the textures themselves.

I think they need a bit of work to get the standard up a bit.

Ok I'll try to improve them. I'm still fairly new to making 3d models so am learning things as I make stuff.
How would you go about doing it then? (please use tech language that I'd understand lol)

For a start I wouldn't try to rely on using photos to make Textures. Although this can be good to use for referencing.

There are many sites out there that can offer great free textures that can be modified to better suit your needs. There are plugs ins for programs such as Photoshop. I Personally use the Filter Forger plugin to aid me in my texture design. Theres also the Eye Candy 5 Textures plugin thats a great help. ( Can be found on most good download sites :p)

I think overall people aren't going to be that bothered if the textures are slightly different They loose some of their effect in the sim anyway and when your on the ride you go past them before you get the chance to take a proper look.
I'll still do it how I am now for this project but I'll give your way a little go in the future.
Thanks for the advice. :)

Sorry it's been so long since the last update, these stairs in the queue-line are taking an absolute age to make. When making it it actually makes you realise how much detail the ride has with it's themeing.
Anyway just a single screenshot to show where I am at the moment.
Saw79.jpg

I'll give it to you, you've got patience.

^Lol thanks. Can someone check I've got the right number of steps where I'm building now? (A-Kid you'll probably know). As I Don't know if I'm making it too tall or not as I want to try and make it line up with the indoor coaster section I made lol. Not sure when the next update will be. Probably when I've done most of the loading platform.

I havent got a clue how many steps there are lol :lol:

Just remember it says "face your fears" on the wall we cant see on the stairs.

And on each corner there is a TV and a Bose 32SE.

On each corner? I though there was just one above the rack, another on the corner that's in the middle of the far left of my last screen, one on the right hand corner of the platform I haven't built yet connecting the two sets of stairs and another on the wall which has the man in barbed wire in the section behind him.

I can't find any photos or videos that will let me know how many stairs there are though lol.
If anyone is at the park soon can they take pictures or count them for me? Thanks.

^Lol. Wish I'd seen that before I'd finished them.
I now I got all the number of stairs right up until where it says 'Face Your Fears on the walls as I used the Pictures Tina has on Facebook as guidance as there's some great shots I can refer to in there.

Anyway. I've finished the indoor queue now. Here are some shots before I move onto the station platform.
Saw83.jpg

Saw82.jpg

Saw84.jpg

Saw81.jpg

It's really looking very good, but I think you should do some work on the text on the wall. It looks far too flat. Try just using one of the blending modes in Photoshop with some adjustment layers and you'll get a really nice texture making it look like it's on the wall.

The rest of it's looking great. It's nice to see you're paying attention to detail. I'm not sure there are many people who have enough patience for this sort of thing!

Hixee said:
It's really looking very good, but I think you should do some work on the text on the wall. It looks far too flat. Try just using one of the blending modes in Photoshop with some adjustment layers and you'll get a really nice texture making it look like it's on the wall.

The rest of it's looking great. It's nice to see you're paying attention to detail. I'm not sure there are many people who have enough patience for this sort of thing!

I certainly wouldn't have the patience!

I got 2 pictures from the same angle as the first 2 of yours.

sawmediaday1230947.jpg

sawmediaday1230948.jpg

Just for a guide. The rides show mode was off, so its a lot brighter.

Ok thanks. So I've got to make the lights in the first corridor a bit higher up, and add that weird box thing to the right (Which I'm not sure is worth adding as it's only a small box. I've got those pipes on the ceiling, although it's hard to see them in the screen as the texture I used is dark against the roof.

I've got everything right in the second image. Just got to add that sound/electrical box that's on the left.