What's new

SAW: The Ride - Download on page 20

I'm using the one Tina has in her albums on Facebook that are pretty good. It's just getting good photos that I can use as textures as well.

This is looking super awesome :D Are you nearley done?

Hasnt been an update in ages :(

I don't like the way you've created your station walls. I can tell that you've used separate squares so that you can have many textures. Thats horrible and you get some lame shadowing. You should create one long piece and make segments in the mesh then when it comes to texturing, select the segment and apply the texture to that. I have no idea if I've made any sense to you, but thats how it should be done.

^Yeah I know. I'm working on it though. I just wanted to put a texture there as I don't like working with blank walls as it doesn't feel like you've done as much.

I've hit a major problem though. Everything looks great and goes together and it looks fine when you put it in the sim. But... When you compare the size of the train to the width of the gates it's all messed up as the train is smaller than the length of the air gates. It's weird as everything else is to scale but it just doesn't seem to line up in the station, and I can't change the size of things in the station or only half the length of the building will be filled up. :?

I'm trying my best to sort it out and hopefully will but at the moment it's confusing me as it looks like the car is too small rather than the station too big.

Oh wow this looks incredibly Awesommeee! :--D When will you release it?

^When it's done. I have no idea when though.
Sorry for the lack of updates. I haven't had much time to work on this at all as I'm coming to the end of my first year at college and the work is pretty hectic at the moment and alot is due in.
I should pick up after though and do most of the rest after I break up for the summer.

^^You said exactly the same thing further up the page.

^When you do something like this, there will always be something that goes wrong. Keep trying and you'll get it right eventually.

I had the texture of the sign as a JPEG, then imported the image into Wings. I then selected the face I wanted to apply it too and then just stuck it on.
Pretty simple. :)

Ollie said:
I had the texture of the sign as a JPEG, then imported the image into Wings. I then selected the face I wanted to apply it too and then just stuck it on.
Pretty simple. :)

Call me stupid but how do you stick it on, you select the fdace then what do you press, i need to know as im also doing a saw recreation

Not yet I'm afraid. Bit tied down with college work at the moment as we're coming to the end of our first year. Once the you should start seeing updates next month though as I finish on the 26th of this month.

Sorry but how do you take those screenshots and where do they save to?

When i put the 3ds file into nolimits, it always has no colour, can you help, i always add colour on in Wings 3D

^You need to place the textures into the NoLimits Coasters objecttextures folder, otherwise NL won't see it and will just give you a blank object. If you use the materials in Wings3D then they should show up, as they're a part of the object.

Looking absolutly fantastic

Banner.jpg