What's new

Saw Alive: Thorpe Park Horror Maze for 2010

marc

CF Legend
Ollie, FB on iPhone is working fine and there are no new pictures.

The last update was 5 hours ago and it was for cheap tickets.

Ollie

CF Legend
Found them:

19040_284662780959_250712450959_4458467_1462264_n.jpg

19040_284662790959_250712450959_4458469_5914736_n.jpg

19040_284662800959_250712450959_4458470_2791556_n.jpg

19040_284662820959_250712450959_4458471_235122_n.jpg

Darren

Roller Poster
The theming is actually very good. It's better than Saw: The Ride's just looking at that, and it's probably not finished yet. It will be interesting to see the finished product.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Those are from Universal's Halloween Horror Nights. But it would be cool if it did match that level of quality.

Lofty

CF Legend
Oh gosh, it kinda built my hope up until I read this page.

If Thorpe can do as good as the HHN version it would be fantastic. With atmospheric lighting it would look fantastic.

For some reason I don't know why I never realised that wasn't Thorpe's, the scenes look much too bit to what could fit on the Thorpe Belle.

marc

CF Legend
Lofty you felt the same as me then lol, hopes went up then got shot down lol.

Why would Thorpe want to show pictures though if they were not going to be the same. Time will tell.

Darren

Roller Poster
Didn't really think this news needed a new topic but 2010 brings something else:
According to TPM, parts of Colossus' track have been removed including the drop and re-tracked to make the ride smoother. Also the ride has apparently been re-painted, so hopefully it will be the nice colours it opened in 2002 with. :--D

Martyn B

CF Legend
This is off topic but I didn't want to start a new topic for it, but have Thorpe their mind up about introducting a car park charge?

It was mentioned last year when a sign in the park was put up saying "This car park is currently free of charge".

JUst wondered if anything has happened about it?

Lofty

CF Legend
If you would have read the topic further up we've been saying that these are NOT the Thorpe Park pictures.

It's a shame they're not, but oh well.

HarryBoyy

Mega Poster
Those pictures are brill, are the actors going to be able to touch you because I have heard that there will be live actors. I think it will be very expensive for all the face paint and stuff so if anyone, knows how thorpe will do it then please answer

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
^ I most probably think most of them will have masks similar to the saw live attraction. But I must admit they will need a ton of fake blood to keep this running! ^^ Also Harry boy those aren't from the saw alive attraction at thorpe, unfortunately.

Lofty

CF Legend
HarryBoyy said:
Those pictures are brill, are the actors going to be able to touch you because I have heard that there will be live actors. I think it will be very expensive for all the face paint and stuff so if anyone, knows how thorpe will do it then please answer

Being in the Industry, I can tell you that it isn't as expensive as you would imagine. Alot of places get sponsership deals. And it wouldn't suprise me if Thorpe do this.

I mean, as a company, can you imagine you being advertised on Thorpe's website or in a brochure etc? It would be golden advertising. And I think this would be worth giving them some make-up every week/month etc wouldn't it?

Actors are also sometimes taken on a course to show them how to get the best effects with the smallest amount of make-up. Or at least some companies do this.

And with the question about actors touching you. We will not know this until a sign goes up on the outside saying that they will, or a speech from a worker of Thorpe. If they do not warn you that theya re gonig to touch you, it's illegal and will not be open for a long time. But Thorpe being Thorpe (by this I mean a major business) they will give warnings of it.

marc

CF Legend
The is something on Thorpes FB page about being the 1st to walk through this attraction. I though it might interest you and Ollie.

Mark

Strata Poster
-lofty- said:
Actors are also sometimes taken on a course to show them how to get the best effects with the smallest amount of make-up. Or at least some companies do this.

And with the question about actors touching you. We will not know this until a sign goes up on the outside saying that they will, or a speech from a worker of Thorpe. If they do not warn you that theya re gonig to touch you, it's illegal and will not be open for a long time. But Thorpe being Thorpe (by this I mean a major business) they will give warnings of it.

If it is anything like the existing Merlin walkthrough attractions I would think that the staf will be put on the "Scare School" course which covers all the best scare techniques, make-up and all that jazz. They certainly do for the Chamber of Horrors.

I would imagine it will work the same way it does for the other fright night and the Chamber of Horrors attractions. Don't touch the actors, they won't touch you etc...

Ollie

CF Legend
Thorpe usually do allow the actors to touch you. But before you go in they always say 'The actors may touch you but will never harm you'.
And thanks Marc will take a look now. :)

Mark

Strata Poster
Cool Ollie.

I would have thought though, as a permanent attraction etc that the rules they write will be tighter and have less room for error.

The big problem is, despite them saying "They may touch you but will never harm you" people under the stress of being scared ****less (as some people are) they have knee jerk reactions which tends to include them punching the actor in the face, regardless of the warnings given. This is then amplified if the actor touches the guest. It is much more likely someone is going to have that reaction.

Ive seen people get hit and that was with the no touching involved; the guy just flipped and punched the female actor in the face. (He couldnt stop apologising afterwards, it truly was an accident) It would be a lot worse if they could touch etc so it will probably be a case of them instructing staff to avoid touching at all costs, hence the "actors MAY touch" bit.