What's new

Rock & Roller Coasters: ICON BELIEVE IT! (BPB, 23rd June)

Status
Not open for further replies.

peep

CF Legend
First preference is just Icon and wristband.

Hmm, not sure I really need an hour of Avalanche in my life but if thats the more popular choice then I'm ok with paying the bit extra.

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
I'm not fussed enough by Icon to pay that much for ERT on the thing! Plus already got my wristband with Clubcard tokens so it just isn't cost effective for me to do any of those packages.

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
As above for me - I'm not 100% on going yet and as I'm going up there midweek next week I imagine I should get plenty of rides on Icon then wthout having to pay £25. I think that's a bit rich given it's known to be less fun in the morning but everyone will make up their own minds of course :)

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
I’m more than happy to do the icon ert butreally not arsed about the avalanche one. Almost more of a punishment paying to stay on that ride for an hour

Also for anyone interested Me @Ian and @Dave are staying in the Mornington BnB just round the corner from the park.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
So is this event tied in with PBE’s event? The line up is exactly the same.

I’m worried that it will be over booked and 30mins in Icon is hardly anything, even with 3 trains.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
So is this event tied in with PBE’s event? The line up is exactly the same.

I’m worried that it will be over booked and 30mins in Icon is hardly anything, even with 3 trains.
On three trains it isn't going to be over crowded, think about how quickly Pleasure Beach shifted 500 boarding pass holders in just under 40 minutes on the first day of the VIP rides.

PBE and CF are coming together for this event, Ian mentioned it on the first page. :)

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
I'm intrigued to know how logistics would work if some people were riding Avalanche and others were not.

I'm not really interested in Avalanche ERT in all honesty. I'm potentially interested in the Icon ERT, although I think £25 for 30 minutes is massively overpriced, especially if it's before park opening when the ride isn't at its best, and given how easy it is to get re-rides during the day. The originally suggested ballpark price of £15 was a lot more reasonable. I may still be up for it, but it'll depend on how things work out - if we had Icon rides stupidly early, and then some people go off to ride Avalanche for an hour before the park opens properly, I can't imagine faffing around in the interim being a fun experience. I might consider adding on Avalanche, but only if the park has some means of accommodating those of us who already bought wristbands.

If the Icon ERT is around the 30-45 minutes before park opening, or is immediately after the ride closes to the general public, then yeah, put me down. If the arrangement are different, I'll have to think very carefully about dropping that amount of money.

Whatever happens, any ERT will have to be at the up-charge price for me - I've already got my wristband for the day, so I won't be getting a bundle price that includes one.

James F

Hyper Poster
I will be at the event, booked it through PBE though as I heard it from there first.

Sent from my G3221 using Tapatalk

Slayed

Hyper Poster
I've been AWOL from Lives and coastering in general for faaaar too long!

If I can keep my life sorted out for the next 3 weeks (not a given), then I will actually turn up for this one .

Icon + Avalanche + wristband for me.

(May also go for Alton on Sunday, haven't ridden a coaster there since before The Smiler so it's now a +3!)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Dave

CF Legend
Happy to do ERT on Icon and Wristband, think that will be plenty of rides for the morning!

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Sorry if I've just missed the info @Ian, but is the ERT morning or evening?

EDIT: Ok so I've read other posts more in-depth and it appears morning.

I will do Icon + Wristband for £48 if that's the majority, but it does seem overpriced for 30 mins (with what I assume will be a large PBE group?) on Icon which, from reviews I've read is meh in the morning.

Last edited:

NeoXIII

Best Newcomer 2016
Sorry but I have to cancel, spent too much at Disney last week haha. Hope you'll all have a great time though! :)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Ok then. Still awaiting payment confirmation, but looks like ICON+BAND will be pay on the day, cash. That's the deal I'll be taking.

If you want to do Avalanche as well, talk to @Scott88 and book through him.

As soon as I know everything for certain, I'll post!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Phew, finally got this sorted.

Interest in Avalanche ERT was tepid, so that’s out the window. If you want this, talk to Scott.

If you want the Icon ERT + Band it will be £48 to be paid to me in advance. The payment has to be made to BPB before we arrive. To keep track, I have an email with payment details set up. Please email me - ian@coasterforce.com - and I’ll send you the info. We’ll then pick the bands up on the day.

If you want just ERT (and will sort out your own band) it’s £25 per person. Again this is in advance. Email me for payment details.

If you don’t want ERT and would rather buy your own band, go ahead and do it. We’ll arrange a meet up in the park after the ERT.

Sorry everything has to seem so complicated, but if you want the ERT and Band, just drop me an email, pay the money ASAP and turn up!

Please note that I’m busy most evenings between and 6-10pm so don’t worry if you don’t get a payment email reply until late evening or early morning!

nadroJ

CF Legend
Sadly think I’m gunna skip the ERT and just meet later in the day. I can’t justify £25 for thirty mins, I don’t even think I’d pay that for Taron!

See y’all in a couple of weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
I’ve booked on a few weeks ago,looking forward to finally getting to meet some more members from here.

One thing I’m a little bit concerned about is if Pleasure Beach are going to make us walk the full exit and queue line after each ride. With the ERT being so short and expensive, I’d like to hope they’ll be letting us off and back round through the disabled and speedy pass way.

Status
Not open for further replies.