What's new

Rock & Roller Coasters: ICON BELIEVE IT! (BPB, 23rd June)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

Strata Poster
*shudder*
I woke up stained with rather a lot of my own blood after the Blackpool trip last year. A drunken stranger had tried to pick me up and spin me around - he underestimated my weight and his own level of intoxication.
On a serious note, I may be interested in Alton, but that should probably be organised elsewhere :)

EDIT: I posted this before I checked the football schedule.

Last edited:

peep

CF Legend
Yes, put me down for this! Been ages since I last did a Live, will be great to see everyone.

Not sure how I plan on getting there etc yet and want to do Alton either the Friday or Sunday. So if anyone travelling from London/South East want to do joint travel/hotel let me know.

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Anyone passing j13 of the m1? If so let me know if you have car space, off on the friday sat and sun. =)

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
@Mysterious Sue I also agree with your stance on the whole "paying for ERT" thing, but I've noticed that it has become more common in previous years. It's going to be a Saturday in June, with a new ride. It's going to be fairly busy. Having ERT will help us get through the day a lot easier, even if we have to pay for the privilege. Besides, I really want to hear what people think of it and one go will not be enough to form an opinion imo.

@witchfinder ERT details still TBC, but most likely before the park opens because they tend to extend park hours if busy.

Ben

CF Legend
I'm looking at going, but I'd have to travel up Saturday morning so ERT would likely be off the cards for me - unless its evening of course.

So... a maybe?

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
I really want to come to this but it's only a couple of days after our US trip so not sure I can wangle more time off. If by some miracle it works out, I'll come, the blackpool lives sound like such a laugh and also would be great to do icon as a group, but i'm not sure how likely it will be to happen.

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
Colour me interested - inc ERT! - where are people staying? planning on staying? always good to stay where other goons are staying.

jayjay

Giga Poster
By the way, anybody who wants a room buddy for a B&B let me know. Looking at Friday and Saturday.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Bit of an update. Need to know interest, please. Post clearly which option you prefer.

ICON ERT sessions in 2018 will be 30 minute sessions charged at £25 per person, running on a three train service is guaranteed for an any ICON ERT's as it guarantees 48 people are 'on the ride' at any given time.

We have also organised an Avalanche ERT for an hour, so overall this is the pricing structure.

ICON ERT Only £25 PP
ICON ERT & Avalanche hour's ERT & Park Wristband £56 per person.

There is no Icon + Wristband price.

It will be Avalanche’s 30th birthday on the weekend we’re there.

Can you let me know you intentions/preference by the end of the weekend, please .

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Another update, there is an Icon+Band option: £48.

Which makes me think for an extra £8, might as well have a few goes on Ava.

davidm

Strata Poster
ICONERT only in preference (no need to spend an hour on Avalanche!), but not a problem if it needs to be the Avalanche deal either.
(wristbands are £25 online in advance at the moment, £39 otherwise)

Ploddish

Hyper Poster
Yeah I'm with you, Ian. Ordinarily I'd go for Icon + Band, but for £8? Why not.

So I'll go for Icon + Avalanche + Band.

Status
Not open for further replies.