What's new

Ride Related Dreams You've Had

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I thought I'd make a topic on this because I had a really weird dream last night about Vekoma lift hill motors, and why they make such a loud noise. It was like they used this cooling device that was scraping metal together to make the noise. Odd, right?

Have you experienced any weird ride-related dreams?

Last edited:

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Funnily enough, tonight I dreamt that I rode a Mack multi-launcher named Wild Thing at Six Flags Great America.

Strange, seeing as I have never been to that park, have no idea or conscious perception of what it even looks like, didn't even know what state it was in until I looked it up right now, Mack never built such a coaster in the US (Well, Manta I guess), and I know already that Wild Thing is a completely different coaster (three, actually, looking it up).

Howie

Donkey in a hat
I sometimes have this recurring dream set at a half real, half fictional version of Blackpool, where all the rides are built on the actual beach.
And for some reason, I'm always naked.

nadroJ

CF Legend
All the time, especially when I'm anticipating a big trip! The one that stands out for me the most though was before I'd ridden Stealth I dreamed the train derailed and exploded into the lake RCT style whilst I was queuing for it.

Will

Strata Poster
They never work properly in dreams, in my experience.
Or you wake up just in time to get massively cred-spited.

And a few months back I had a very surreal dream where I went to Canada's Wonderland with @Joey and it rained. I had to tell him about this when I woke up.

Last edited:

Rachel

Coaster MILF
All the time, especially when I'm anticipating a big trip! The one that stands out for me the most though was before I'd ridden Stealth I dreamed the train derailed and exploded into the lake RCT style whilst I was queuing for it.

I've also had a Stealth horror dream, I dreamt that I was on the ride and the restraints failed so when it hit the brakes I went flying out. Woke up right at that moment.
That one stands out in particular, can't remember any more but probably dream of them all the time.

zazobo

Hyper Poster
So many coaster dreams. Usually restraints not working properly OR I get dream spited just before I'm about to get on the ride and I wake up.

Weep.

ukthemeparkfan

Roller Poster
I had on odd dream that I was riding lanched B&M wing coaster no idea why as had never ridden a launched coaster at that point

kcurry11

Roller Poster
I seem to have one reoccurring theme park dream. Almost every night before I visit a park, I have a dream where I am on Maverick, and my harness isn't locked, and at the crest of the drop I fly out of the ride. Sometimes I even make it to the first ejector hill by holding on before I fly out. But yeah before I hit the ground I wake up. Pretty intense. I find it funny because I absolutely adore the coaster and find nothing nerve racking about it.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
They never work properly in dreams, in my experience.

Oh, this. I remember once dreaming that I boarded a coaster train, which then had to be towed across a field to where the track began. At the end of the ride, it had to be towed back. And to top it off, the tractor supposed to take me back to the station never arrived.

Benenen

Hyper Poster
It's comforting to read that at least two other people have had that dream where they get so close to riding a coaster then wake up. It's the most frustrating thing!

And then you're lying there fairly certain you're awake but trying to continue the dream and ride some coaster as realistically as you can in daydream form but it's just not as good so you have to accept you're fully awake and crack on with the day. Always a bummer!

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
I had a dream years ago that I was at CF Live at Lightwater Valley but ended boarding a double decker bus with CF back to a pub near my house (that doesn't and never has existed), 3 hours away! Only ride that featured was those go-kart things before the bus pulled up right outside them.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Often after a CF Live, I'll be dreaming about something mundane like changing my bed sheets only to find they don't fit...and my bed is in the middle of a theme park. Although I don't know what park it is, I can sense the noises and park atmosphere. Could make a HBO series out of this, where I'm trying to work out what the park is. Verne Troyer can plan me.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Had another ride related dream last night. It involved Loggers Leap at Thorpe had finished its refurbishment and had re-opened as very compact wild mouse/el loco style coaster complete with inversions but it still finished with the old double drop and you were sat in the same old logs! I distinctly remember being sat on the ride approaching an el loco style inverted drop that was facing towards Colossus and saying "I remember now,this is like [other coaster I can't remember name of]!"

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
I've had a few - most of them seem to be about Alton Towers!

1 - visiting alton towers, it had moved near Ipswich station, and oblivion was ridden on an individual tea tray, which you had to carry to the top yourself.

2 - Again a visit to alton towers - park was completely flat and all the queues were in unfamilar places.

3 - 13 was on individual suspended plances ( a la zoom at flamingoland) and had an indoor section slaloming past poles.

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
Once I had a weird dream where I was in a weird Holiday World (even though I've never been to it) and I think I fell in to a go kart area or something like that. It was just WEIRD.

TLARides

Hyper Poster
I remember dreaming that I was riding Nemesis at ATR then for some reason was thrown out on the corkscrew, and landed in an empty seat on Smiler. Then on the final inversion, I flew out again and landed on Th13teen before in dropped. When it did drop, I flew out, across the Atlantic, and landed in the Mystic Timbers shed. When it started to show what was in the shed, I woke up.