What's new

Rhein Airtime (Germany Live) Trip reports!

marc

CF Legend
I was thinking just before.

If I went back to germany there are actually quite a few rides I would not do and if Europa were not building a new coaster I would not even go back there. The best thing about the park is they have a Milka cocolate shop hehe which Joey and I were very happy with.

Would I go back to Holiday Park, no not even for EGF.
Movie World, again no unless something new was built.
Phantasisaland, yes as there are alot of rides we did not have time to do. Plus its worth going back for Mamba and the Mine Train.

I would go to other parks in Germany next time, dont get me wrong I loved the trip but the only park that stood out for me was Phantasialand.

I dont know how the rest of you feel, but I bet some feel the same.

Ollie

CF Legend
I agree with everything you said there Marc. Most the parks on this trip were ones that are only worth visiting once.
Or Phantasialand may have just kicked the ass of every single park ever (including Disney). :p

marc

CF Legend
No I still think Disney is better, not for the rides but for the park shows etc.

Phantasialand for me has 2 stand out coasters, but there are some dark rides there that are meant to be very good. Its the sort of park you can go to and find new things. Plus I did not do the rapids which I do regret but anyone who knows me knows I would get soaked lol.

We found the same in California tbh alot of the parks there are only worth the 1 visit.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I only went on one ride I wouldn't go on again at Phantasialand. And that was the Log Flume.

That park was just supurb. Even the crappy Vekoma in the dark thing rocked.

Stone Cold

Mega Poster
Yeah, I had a great trip but I wouldn't rush back to any of these parks apart from Phantasialand.

Having said that though, I think Tripsdrill would be worth a visit, and if the trip was going ahead again, I'd quite like to spend a day there.

Although, this is the beauty of theme parks, even though most aren't worth rushing back too, there are so many out there that there are plenty of other places to go to before there is a need to return to Germany, and when we do, the parks will probably have changed a fair bit.

Obviously though, Oktoberfest is a priority all of a sudden!

Slayed

Hyper Poster
I'll be going back to Phantasialand in the future for certain!

And I agree with Rich, I wouldn't mind giving Tripsdrill another chance, it's such a unique park, and we didn't get on the flume or the rapids. Shame it's such a git to get to.

Europa's going to have to work very hard to get me back there.

I can feel the draw of Heide Park and Toverland though for next time - in the week of the Dusseldorf fair obviously :p.

And I'm still missing bratwurst.

marc

CF Legend
I have to be honest I am sort of thinking of going back next year for the fair and for some more German parks, but I think I would rather wait a few year years and just do the other fair next year.

I would also like to go back to Tripsdrill but I would not really go out my way to go. If I was near there I would pop in but I would probably only go for a morning or get there for 12. I dont think you need a whole day, it would just be a relaxing day and I think thats what that park is. Its a nice fun park where they want people to have fun in a nice environment. People that went will know what I mean, the place just does not feel like a theme park.

I agree with Slayed about Europa, for a park that wants to be the best in Europe they need to improve. The park has alot of rides but not one stands out really, I did enjoy Euromir though but the 2nd time would not be as good. All the lands sort of just merge into each other and it all feels to crowed. For me the best part of the park was the mine train and that is only due to the nice smell in the cave.

For some reason I just miss Germany which is strange I just felt so happy and welcome there, but for no reason god knows. I am just strange lol.

Mark

Strata Poster
I would head back to Phantasialand in a heartbeat, no question. I'd also re-visit holiday park again (providing it isn't raining. Because of EGF. It's not very often I would go somewhere for a single ride, but that is certainly one of them.

Plus I want to do Oktoberfest too!

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Hmmm Dusseldorf Fair was awesome.... Especialy Alpina Bhan at the front at night......

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl3Qr2xm8Po[/youtube]

Ollie

CF Legend
Day 2: Phantasialand

What surprised everyone who hadn't been here before is that this park is right in the middle of a residential area.

Anyway we arrived at the park, our car was last there as we had to park in the overflow at the back of the park.
We walked round to the main entrance and faffed around a bit while Slayed got the tickets.
100_2758.jpg

Right next to the entrance was something awesome.
100_2760.jpg

100_2761.jpg

Anyway, we got into the park and we instantly taken into another world. The themeing was amazing and it was much better than Disney. Yes, really it was.
100_2762.jpg

100_2763.jpg

100_2764.jpg

We got to the end of the main street and we all instantly agreed on the ride we wanted to do first.
100_2766.jpg

BLACK MAMBA!
100_2769.jpg

100_2839.jpg

100_2840.jpg

100_2842.jpg

100_2843.jpg

100_2847.jpg

100_2854.jpg

100_2855.jpg

100_2770.jpg

100_2856.jpg

100_2857.jpg

100_2858.jpg

100_2859.jpg

100_2862.jpg

100_2865.jpg

100_2838.jpg

100_2866.jpg

100_2867.jpg

100_2871.jpg

100_2873.jpg

100_2874.jpg

100_2875.jpg

100_2876.jpg

Inside the station:
100_2780.jpg

And some shots of the surrounding themeing:
100_2773.jpg

100_2775.jpg

100_2776.jpg

100_2849.jpg

100_2864.jpg

100_2850.jpg

Anyway, I'll shall stop teasing you with awesome pictures of Black Mamba...

...for now. :p

We then all decided to do Talocan. Where I came up with a fantastic idea to make sure I got on the row facing towards all the effects (you had to be there to know).
100_2782.jpg

After that we decided to go on the duelling log flume. I think we chose the one called 'White Water'. The water smelt though. We didn't know which one was best so we just chose the one with the biggest drop. :p
100_2785.jpg

We then had a load of fun of following Will-i-am's directions to get to Colorado Adventure where we all wanted to follow the signposts, but Will-i-am took us the long scenic route. :p
100_2790.jpg

100_2794.jpg

100_2791.jpg

100_2795.jpg

100_2796.jpg

100_2797.jpg

The ride is tonnes better than Big Thunder Mountain. And was easily the best mine train we had ridden.

Anyway, I had been excited at the idea of a haunt in the queue line of Mystery Castle, so I lead the group over there. I was a bit disappointed as there were only two actors that day (there's meant to be 5 or 6), so I figured that it was because it was a weekday.
100_2799.jpg

100_2800.jpg

100_2802.jpg

100_2806.jpg

100_2805.jpg

100_2804.jpg

100_2808.jpg

100_2809.jpg

100_2810.jpg

100_2811.jpg

100_2812.jpg

100_2814.jpg

100_2815.jpg

100_2816.jpg

100_2819.jpg

It then started to pour down with rain so we decided to do Mystery River.

The first thing we saw on our way to the queue was this: :shock:
100_2798.jpg

THIS IS THE BEST RAPIDS I HAVE EVER BEEN ON!!! The boats all folded and bent in half, and even if the water didn't come over the edge, it blasted up through the middle of the boat and soaked everyone. It's got huge drops, vertical lifts, whirlpools, waterfalls, and sudden drops and turns.

AMAZING!!! :p
100_2820.jpg

100_2821.jpg

100_2822.jpg

We then all decided to split for lunch and meet back in 'Wuze Town' where Winjas is.
I went back to the burger place by the log flume where we grabbed a snack earlier on in the day, and then joined some others and did some souvenir shopping. :p

We then all met in Wuze town, but decided first to go on Temple of the Night Hawk. This was where the themeing in the park lacked. The queue just kept going up and up. and we could tell that we were right near the roof of the building in the station. So we all predicted that the ride would drop out of the station.
So it surprised us when we went round the first bend only to be greeted by a massive lift hill, which really gave of the scale of the building.
The ride was really long and the layout was fun. And it had some light coming through so you could see head choppers and other trains whooshing round you. The only themeing it had inside the actual ride was some light up hawks that flapped their wings, and the soundtrack could be heard, but needed to be louder to heighten the atmosphere a bit more. It was good though, and what X://NWO dreamt of being.

(Picture taken inside the queue):
100_2828.jpg

We then went back into the Wuze town building and saw a masterpiece of coasters running round us:
100_2826.jpg

They didn't let anyone with bags inside the queue (they had security there to make sure of that) So we all put our stuff in a couple of lockers and headed into the queue.

Sorry about the darkness of these photos, the themeing around the walls was quite good, but the cattle pen queue spoiled it in the middle as the two queues inter-twined.
100_2832.jpg

100_2833.jpg

Looking down through the grills into the station below
100_2834.jpg

100_2835.jpg

Fear was easily the best out of the two, and the tilting vertical lift hill, see-saw track, and amazing elements made both really unique. When we did Force we seemed to break down for at least 10 minutes on every block break, and when we where in the dark ride section of the coaster at the end we could see the mechanics fiddling with something under the track.

And Leighton is probably going to kill me for posting this picture of us on 'Fear' :p
100_2836.jpg

We then heard that the park closing time had been extended by an hour so we rushed over to Black Mamba again and got a few more rides. We then ended the day with another ride on Colorado Adventure going the quick way there this time. :p

Phantasialand is EASILY! the best park I have EVER! been to.

Hope you enjoyed my PTR of day 2. :D

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Been doing my video today, taken me ****ing ages! Like what to put in and what to leave out. I think I did a good job with. Anyway, when I was looking through the video, I noticed on the shot of EGF nearing the brake run, a pink scarf came flying off. So anyone remember that? If not, here is a screen capture.

n728732779_1305998_4681.jpg

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Ladies and gentleman, prepare... to hold.... on.... TIGHT

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VOLKQdOI2w[/youtube]

Ollie

CF Legend
About time your video showed up. :p

Can you upload the full video you did on that spinning thing at Tripsdrill. That thing was ****ing insane. :p

Good video though.

Stone Cold

Mega Poster
Your first really good video Mushroom. The camera was still and the antics were very well used. Obviously your choice of music was dire and there was a bit too much POVing for my liking, but it's a big step up from any of your previous work.

Brought back good memories as well, I might even have to watch it again!

Peter

Hyper Poster
I'm sure its great, if this video would ever ****ing load!

It's been 10 mins, and i've only got 30 seconds of video! gah! Sometimes I hate Youtube...

Atleast the music's good. :p