What's new

Raptor - B&M 'Wing-Rider' - Gardaland

Jake

Strata Poster
Do we have any idea when this is due to open? I'm here until the end of may and don't want to plan anything, only to get spited by this not being open...

peep

CF Legend
A new video has been posted on their youtube account. It's similar to their other stuff and I think it's just saying the same as that press release not so long ago. However I reckon it's going to either have some really impressive theming or some huge building/station because those iron bar things I think are for building foundations, I could be wrong but I only see them that big on building sites for tall buildings (unless they just look big because of the way the video has been shot).

Anyways, Video link

Lofty

CF Legend
I really like how parks are starting to make more of an effort with promoting their new rides. That statement did NOT mean Th13teen.

Can we expect more videos like this do you think?

Trico

Roller Poster
The video says:

Building site of the biggest and most extreme rollercoaster ever built in italy. Gps location etc.

Found a really big egg with unknown origin. X labs scientist came to analyse ambient and the egg.

Found signs of an uknown DNA, Laboratory analysis are needed. It's possible that there will be others finds, the area was isolated to analyze the terrain.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Latest press release...

Works continue at Gardaland: the first rail tracks and the first columns have arrived for the imposing and extreme rollercoaster, the new addition of season 2011.

The first rail tracks and the first columns are on their way to be part of the construction of the majestic, imposing and extreme rollercoaster, the new addition of season 2011 at Gardaland. Some of the characteristics of this track are beginning to be made public, depicting an area of over 16 thousand square metres – the equivalent of 60 tennis courts – a really vast surface if you consider that Blue Tornado currently occupies 10 thousand, the equivalent of 8 olimpionic swimming pools!

“The track will be almost 800 metres long overall” says Chris McCormack, Project Manager of Merlin Entertainments, supervisor of the project. “This imposing and extreme rollercoaster, effectively much faster than the adrenaline-filled Blue Tornado, will make you reach a peak height of 30 metres with an inclination of 40 degrees from the ground; the journey will feature two “head over heels” moments, 90° turnings and a series of exciting and particular technical “tricks” which will literally leave you breathless…“

“The constructor has already taken care of cutting, welding and calendering over 1,500 metres of steel “pipes” of various dimensions which will be employed to build the rail tracks, the heaviest of which is over 10,000 kilograms heavy! But it’s going to take as many as 76 elements in total, with an average length of 10 metres each, merged into one another, to put together the whole track” - continues McCormack. “Over 10,000 bolts will make assembling the whole structure possible and, to better understand how impressive it will turn out to be, we can announce that one single pre-assembled component, made by two main structural elements, will tip the scale at a total weight of 22,000 Kg.“

Meanwhile, inside the Park, the activities to involve Guests are still going strong… After the shocking discovery of a mysterious egg of enormous proportions, recovered a few days ago right inside the building site, activities in the mobile laboratory continue to go strong. Scientists are working relentlessly to map its DNA; the object possesses never-seen-before characteristics, not comparable with any known genetic material. A scan ran deeper in the ground has revealed the presence of even more eggs…

The curiosity of Guests and fans of the Park will be satisfied by the surveillance webcam (on the website www.gardaland.it) which allows you to periodically monitor the building areas and get an update on the progress of works while a countdown beats the time separating us from the first, wild and lightning-fast run on this incredible rollercoaster.

5880Gardaland-binari-New-Ride-2011.jpg

CMonster

Giga Poster
B&M track isn't normally that big... right? I can't picture Sheikra's track standing that high over my head, and Sheikra has pretty big track...

Of course, that guy could just be a midget. :lol:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Or it could be fake! I don't really think it is, but it's certainly epic!

I now CANNOT wait to see more!

A

Anonymous

It looks like they have done some Photoshopping on that image, the guy´s shadow seems a bit generic to me...

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Someone loved the clone tool on Paint Shop. Check out the repeats on the grass... The person has a perfect edge and strange lighting too. The shadow would be narrow from that angle (with close proximity to the track too) and in the other direction... providing thats flash light and not natural.

That seems to be standard size track to be honest, but it atleased comfirms this has a lift hill.

andrus

Giga Poster
The pic looks fine to me, it seems a little bit far-fetched that gardaland would create a fake picture of their own coaster..

Since the trains will be heavier than on normal B&M coasters I also figure the track will be of a bigger size. Looks awesome though!

Dave

CF Legend
Yeah that image is photoshoped. As A-Kid said the grass is odd and the man is way to sharp on the edges.

CPcisco

Mega Poster
Actually I can't believe that that photo has been photoshopped.

If you look at the lift hill drive system on a B&M flyer (can't post links due to being new here, sorry) you will see that the drive system is fully encased just like in this picture. This also tells me that unlike other sit-down style lift hills this coaster will have it's return chain incased inside the lift track and not on a separate return chain channel. This would explain the extra large portion to the right that would connect to the lift track.