What's new

Raptor - B&M 'Wing-Rider' - Gardaland

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
Screamscape said:
B&M sure are going to be busy in Europe for the 2011 season, as they are also rumored to be installing their new top secret coaster project into Gardaland next year. While we don’t have a name for the design yet, it was described as being a B&M version of S&S’s 4th Dimension coaster concept… however the seats will not spin. Without the spinning seats however, I’m more inclined to say that the experience may be more like Intamin’s Wing Rider design used so far only once as Furius Baco at PortAventura. I’m told that Gardaland may place this new coaster where the former “jungle” themed ride used to be.
http://www.screamscape.com/html/gardaland.htm

No idea where Screamscape is getting this, but it sounds interesting...

Tony

Hyper Poster
That's brilliant news if it's true! Gardaland badly needs a signature coaster as their best coaster is currently a Vekoma SLC. I don't know about the whole 4d thing though but I'd be happy with any B&M.

Trips'n'pics also report that Heide Park is getting a B&M Dive Machine next year, they are usually pretty accurate... And isn't Parc Asterix apparently also rumoured to get a B&M Invert? That's a hell of allot new B&M's in Europe next year if they are all true :p !!

http://trips-n-pics.com/?id=02

It sounds cool, but it doesn't seem logical that they'd install it at Gardaland for some reason. It's not the biggest park and I don't know why they would wanna take the risk of installing such a new, and possible unreliable coaster, or why B&M wouldn't wanna try a new concept somewhere that it would be more recognized, I guess.

Tony

Hyper Poster
Oh Screamscape now reporting on the Parc Asterix and Heide Park rumours:

http://screamscape.com/html/parc_asterix.htm

http://screamscape.com/html/heide-park.htm

or why B&M wouldn't wanna try a new concept somewhere that it would be more recognized, I guess.

Well Gardaland is a very popular park in Europe. It gets over 3 million visitors a year which is more than most Six Flags and Cedar Fair parks and it's located on Lake Garda which is a pretty popular holiday destination.

Oh and remember a topic about Wardley working for B&M and Merlin or something...

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Sorry to be pedantic, but the 4D aspect of a 4D coaster is the rotating seats. If the Screamscape rumour is to be believed, and the seats on the new B&M design don't rotate, then it's not in any way a 4D coaster.

The idea of a B&M take on the "wingwalker" design sounds very interesting though...

Waffleman

Mega Poster
Tony said:
Oh and remember a topic about Wardley working for B&M and Merlin or something...

That instantly came to my mind as I read this, and I'm pretty sure Wardley personally confirmed that he's working on a "top secret project with B&M" on the season pass somewhere?

So, should the rumours be true, I think that it would probably be what John was talking about, surely?

Jools

Giga Poster
This links to the 2011/12 coaster at Thorpe, this rumour has been flying around for ages, sounds plausable to me, not sure what to think of the concept :?

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
As Gavin said, if the seat do not to rotate, then it isn't a 4D.

However, still interested to see how it turns out.

Gazza

Giga Poster
gavin said:
Sorry to be pedantic, but the 4D aspect of a 4D coaster is the rotating seats. If the Screamscape rumour is to be believed, and the seats on the new B&M design don't rotate, then it's not in any way a 4D coaster.

The idea of a B&M take on the "wingwalker" design sounds very interesting though...
Why is the topic called "B&M 4D" anyway. Change it to "B&M Wingwalker or something I say.

Either way, this sounds pretty cool, but Its not exactly going to take much effort on B&Ms part...Just remove the middle seats on a Dive Machine train :p

The fact this project is "only" a year away and we've heard next to nothing about it despite it being from a high-profile manufacturer and at an apparently popular park
To be fair, B&M are pretty secretive aren't they....How many years was their flying coaster in development for before news Alton was getting one surfaced?

Nic

Strata Poster
This topic really got my hopes up. The thought of a B&M 4D nearly had me sliding off my chair with excitement... but it isn't 4D at all though, so... meh.

Don't forget that Gardaland is a Merlin park, so it's not too far fetched that they would get a big addition like this. As also pointed out, I'm sure John Wardley's website also refers to him working at Gardaland at the moment.

I don't know what, but I know they've been having a lot of creative/theming work going on at Gardaland recently. I don't know what on, although I suspect that it's something for this season rather than next so is probably entirely irrelevant.

peep

CF Legend
If this rumour is true then I'm quite excited. Gardaland is a lovely park and it'd be great to see the park get a B&M. I'm intrigued to see what they have planned.

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
It's an odd and pretty random rumor, but I think it's true. This just doesn't really seem like one of those things that is announced (as a rumor) and then just gets forgotten about...so whether it's a 4D coaster, Wing-Walker or something else (it could still be a 4D coaster) I think it will happen.

A

Anonymous

Found this on another site, The 4D could go to Thorpe Park maybe?

2011 - Roller Coaster - Rumor - (5/2/10) I’ve heard an interesting rumor claiming that the rumored prototype B&M coaster going to Gardaland may end up being even more of a “test track” than I had thought. The location of the park itself has come into play since it is only about a 4.5 hour drive from B&M’s headquarters Monthey, Switzerland. This close distance will allow for B&M to come onsite often as they work on this new concept, which may be done in two phases.
The first version of the new ride concept is still said to be somewhat like an S&S 4th Dimension coaster, but without the spinning seats, so I’m guessing it may end up being more similar to Intamin’s WingWalker design that so far has only been built once at PortAventura as Furius Baco. In B&M’s case, I’ve heard that they may very well want to produce their own version of the 4D concept, complete with spinning seats, but wanted to build a non-spinning prototype version of the train first. The goal here is to not only perfect a new train/track pairing design, but to also gather all the practical G-force and Accelerometer data from this new train deisgn before trying to implement any kind of crazy spinning seats.
So what is Gardaland getting out of this special arrangement? Not only do they get to have B&M’s first new prototype coaster design and all the eyeballs around the world that will follow it’s development, but I’ve heard that the park will be getting this ride for a cost not too much more than the cost of materials and labor. Of course this last part is only a rumor, and nothing anyone would ever likely verify as these kinds of deals are very secretive.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
UC said:
It's a new B&M in Europe, obviously it's going to Thorpe.

Awesome_Face_bigger_bigger.png

andrus

Giga Poster
Why does it sound silly? To me it makes sense. B&M wants to se how strong the forces are with this new seating concept befor they construct a spinning version. I think B&M want to avoid doint the same misstake Arrow did with their 4D coaster...

Ben

CF Legend
andrus said:
Why does it sound silly? To me it makes sense. B&M wants to se how strong the forces are with this new seating concept befor they construct a spinning version. I think B&M want to avoid doint the same misstake Arrow did with their 4D coaster...

Well, it kinda, just, sorta, makes it... not a 4D coaster?