What's new

Raptor - B&M 'Wing-Rider' - Gardaland

bob_3_

Giga Poster
98ft means nothing if its built into the land scape, look at Nemesis.

98ft is a decent height whatever happens! That would be around the same scale as Batman, or Nemesis Inferno.

Also I'm putting money on a signature B&M splashdown. This is really exciting as a new B&M concept has appeared for a good 8 years, if you ignore the behemoth trains.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE =D

The concept art does look to be a similar style as the Thirteen stuff, I guess it's all Merlin's doing. I love the idea of a dinosaur themed coaster though, there's been a distinct lack of those really.

I'm also pretty certain alot of time has gone into reducing the outta-seat-shuffle. It's one of the main complaints from Baco and X. B&M wouldn't release a concept without it being glass smooth first.

marc

CF Legend
Was just reading on Screamscape that this coaster will feel more like a floorless version of Baco and will not be 4D (the seat will not spin).

The ride will be short but intense.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Bugger, forgot that this topic existed last night when I put up the one in the construction area...

Oh wells, yeah, nice art for it... I can't imagine the layout being overally imaginative/complex, but hey, something for the Italians to look forward...

Plus marc, isn't Baco floorless? So that's a really stupid quote from Screamscape :lol:

marc

CF Legend
Yes Benin very good point lol I try and put Baco out my mind :) I dont know why they said that then, maybe they have other information wrong as well then.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
I think maybe they mean...Baco, in the style of a B&M floorless (ie, a sit down looper)

Instead of meaning, baco with no floor.

Ben

CF Legend
I think it'll be the first B&M launch as well... There's just NOTHING you can do with 98ft with those trains and not have it launched without it being AWFUL. Baco only works because of the sheer speed of it, slow it down to like, 40mph, and it'd be rubbish.

So yeah, cause no-one mentioned it yet, it'll launch I bet.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
db_2010_0530_BM31.jpg

This ones interesting, as it implies a loop. But seeing as we already know the ride will only have 2 zero-gs, I doubt this track is for X-Raptor.

Inverse

Hyper Poster
Anyone think there's a chance B&M will be able to reduce the shaking Baco experiences on the outside seat? If not, it's a good reason to keep the ride short and sharp, like it seems to be.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
^ Definately. I mean, this is B&M. I hope they do what they did with the flyers, took vekomas version...and made it really work.

They'll probably have some kind of suspension to stop the outside seats resonating or some kind of super smooth wheels. I just have faith B&M wouldnt've done this ride unless they eliminated that shaking.

Inverse

Hyper Poster
B&M still build in Switzerland, right? It'd be ridiculous to transport track from Ohio when Gardaland is only a couple of hours from the Swiss boarder. I don't think that track is for this.

F.A.S.T.

Hyper Poster
^I believe all of their steel track is manufactured at the Ohio plant even though the company is based in Monthey.

Gazza

Giga Poster
Man, I wish I had the funds to go to Europe...
Then why not get some? You're old enough for a part time job right? Just work a couple of shifts per week at a Supermarket/Fast Food Place etc, and after a few months you'll have enough money together for travel expenses...Easy!

A

Anonymous

Inverse said:
B&M still build in Switzerland, right? It'd be ridiculous to transport track from Ohio when Gardaland is only a couple of hours from the Swiss boarder. I don't think that track is for this.

Exactly!
I do not think the track is one of Screamscape photos

peep

CF Legend
Tony said:
Looks like the park is already out promoting their new upcoming addition:

220720102677.jpg

http://www.rollercoasterrevolution.eu/u ... -dal-parco

Really looking forward to seeing the layout for this. Knowing Gardaland, the theming should be awesome :--D . No matter how crap it may turn out, it'll still be the best coaster in the park :p .

Oh wow, I love Gardaland's marketing team *pay attention Alton*. Did anyone see how they kicked off promotion in Verona last year for Ramses? It was epic.

Video link for those interested

I think Gardaland will do an epic job regarding theming but their coasters are all poo, lets hope B&M give them a great coaster.