What's new

Rank the Thorpe Park coasters

DelPiero

Stealth - 2nd best ride in the UK for me (after Nemesis, obviously). Launch is one of the best out there.

Nemesis Inferno - Close between this and Swarm, but I like the speed and intensity of the B&M inverts a bit more.

The Swarm - This is a very good coaster, and very close behind Inferno.

The Walking Dead: The Ride - We're into forgettable territory now.

Flying Fish - Meh. Better than the other two.

Saw: The Ride / Colossus - I can't even be arsed to rate these. They're both horrific. Colossus due to it's age, Saw due to it's lumpiness.
This, but I do not hold NI or Swarm in such a high regard.

Will

1. Swarm
2. Nemesis Inferno
3. Stealth
4. Colossus
5. Saw
6. XNWO
7. Flying Fish

...writing this post has made me remember why I've not been to Thorpe since 2015...

jj23w

1. Saw
2. Stealth
3. Nemesis Inferno
4. Walking Dead (Lights Off)
5. Swarm
6. Colossus
7. Flying Fish
8. Walking Dead (Lights On)

UKCoasterFan

1. Stealth (Probably my second favourite UK coaster after the Big One at BPB)
2. Nemesis Inferno. (Really good, probably not as good as Nemesis but it seems smoother but both easily got beaten by Black Mamba for me, the close proximity encounters are mental and ending in complete darkness is stunning)
3. The Swarm (Again really good but I prefer Fenix at Toverland, that one has a nice airtime hill after the first drop)
4. Colossus (Decent coaster, great little hill after the loop, nice hangtime in the endless barrel rolls, but terrible train and restraints, will be interesting to see the Flamingo Land version next year. I think with newer trains this ride would be much better and operations would improve)
5. Saw (I actually think the theming is quite decent and well done to incorporate the movie stuff. Bit short. Maybe a second lift hill and some more indoor stuff would have sorted that)
6. Walking Dead (Probably least interesting indoor coaster I've done. Decent theming and actors but is not really sustainable long term that approach I reckon)

Never been on Flying Fish.

theGman

1. Swarm - My first big coaster, the first drop is super fun and I love some of the interactions. Shame about the length and how tight the vests can be.
  2. Stealth - Short but sweet, the launch is fantastic and the airtime at the top is great if hampered a tad by the restraints.
  3. Inferno - A solid if unspectacular ride, it's got some good forces, it's super rideable and swooping through the mist is great when they have it on full blast but it does feel like it ends about halfway through.
  4. Saw - I can get fun rides on this and the pre-lift section is great but even on good runs I feel like I need an aspirin afterwards.
  5. Walking Dead - NWO was one of my least favourite experiences on a coaster, but I did genuinely love the rave edition of X. This I like, but mostly ironic. I always end up laughing non-stop on this, but I can't seriously put it much higher.
  6. Flying Fish - It's not the most thrilling but when it's a walk-on it's a fun way to kill a few minutes
  7. Colossus - Rides like this sort of remind me how much we've been spoiled by the newest generation of train designs. The constant head-banging, lack of legroom and the way the restraint thighcrushes during the quad roll really brings down what would otherwise be a fun layout with solid path interactions. The way the area has aged doesn't help either, unfortunately.

There's certainly a theme with some of my critiques.., not the best lineup but not terrible either an I feel that if they were joined by a proper star attraction, the park would have a really strong coaster collection. As it stands, it's decent but I could see so much more from Thorpe.

Lucy

1. The Swarm - Love this coaster and one of my favourite things at TP
2. Stealth - Awesome launch etc!
3. Inferno - Love Inferno too and always have a great ride on it - especially the back row of course!
4, TWDTR - I'm also a TWD fan so I like it for that reason too.
5. Colossus - not overly smooth now apart from the front row but not as bad as Saw in my opinion!
6. Saw The Ride - Not aged well unfortunately and is now really rough which is a shame as it's themed really well and has a good layout.
7. Flying Fish - fun kiddie cred :)