What's new

Rank the Soquets

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Everyone loves ranking once in a while, so why not delve into obscurity and rank the coasters you've ridden from everyone's favourite French manufacturer?

1. Gaz Express, Parc Bagatelle - Pretty close between this and Odin, but the fire and water effects clinch it.
2. Fort d'Odin, Parc du Bocasse - The enclosed helix is pretty fab
3. 1066, Festyland - Starts of strong with a great drop, but dies away towards the end
4. Spirales des Dune, Parc Bagatalle - The airtime hill is hilarious
5. Furio, Dennlys Parc - It's alright for what it is
6. Drakkar Express, Festyland - This cred somehow slows down as it goes down a hill. How?!
7. Dragon Chinois, Jardin d'Acclimatation - This is more lift hill than coaster. Yawn

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Think I've only ever been on 2, and they were both about a month ago. Can't remember the name of either of them. ?

1. The one at Frass-per-twiss City. Small mine train type coaster. Nothing special but nice theming and in a lovely park.

2. The one at Legendia. Unpainted, bit ropey and potentially operated by a dude from a nearby hot dog stand.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yay, I love a good list topic.

1. Grand Canyon, Fraispertuis City: Funky banking, strange pacing and a weird extension a few years after opening - what's not to love? Turns out, most of it. It's rubbish.

Oh...

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
1. Azteka @ Parc Le Pal - Unnecessarily vicious and full of character.
2. Gaz Express @ Bagatelle - Probably the actual best for the fire and stuff.
3. Train de Mine @ Parc Bocasse - Might be confusing the two but I seem to remember this one had a bit more going for it (even more so now it's themed) than
4. Furio @ Dennlys - Worst coaster in the world circa 2013 how? So inoffensive.
5. Diabelska Pętla @ Legendia - Eh, loops and right turns.
6. Spirale des Dunes @ Bagatelle - Small.

Will

Strata Poster
Grand Canyon at Fraispertuis and Drakkar at Didiland are both fab family coasters.

Nothing else sticks out in my mind as strongly.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
2. The one at Legendia. Unpainted, bit ropey and potentially operated by a dude from a nearby hot dog stand.

The IRON WOLF... ???

“ Do you have the speed, the strength, the heart to be a winner? It's not for beginners.
Deep down in your soul. Are you a Gladiator?”

Man I used to love that coaster... It was soooo good to get back on it after all these years ?

Also, I swear the facade that used to be in front of it is where Phantasialand learned their ‘wall skills.’

Edit: Back on topic... That’s my number one socky... It’s my only Soquet (I think)