What's new

POV's on Youtube

^ I'm only interested if the cameras are attached to peoples noses. Can Thorpe Park back this up or is it a false claim???

I never watch POVs, I don't see the point? It's NOTHING like riding a coaster anyway, and if I watch a POV of something that looks really good then it'll just annoy me <//3

I don't like knowing what's going to happen on rides, i like them to be a surprise.
Obviously if you know the layout you'd be wondering 'how can you be surprised if you know what will happen?' Then meh, personal preference.

Don't get me wrong, i watch them, but only if i've ridden the ride and wonder how the POV would look [aka i rarely EVER watch coaster POVs, mainly of flat rides].

If they have a funny commentary such as big john's ultimate pov which is a mixture of fear and pain then it can be amusing.
No amount of watching a pov can mimic the real ride, coming back to ultimate and that's a prime example

POV's are good when you don't have access to the ride in question though.

There are some common mistakes that plague POV's though.
[*]Amateur POV's frequently use hand held camera's which can cause horrible shakiness even on smooth coasters. Good POV's use mounted cameras that give a much smother POV.
[*]A problem with professional POV's is that they try to get "artistic" and cut away to off ride shots or worse some bimbo "presenter" screaming straight at the camera. Actually that last one come up in other places as well.