What's new

portemine's creations - Rapace, B&M Launch Invert - 17/11/14

scw55

Hyper Poster
Re: portemine's creations - Pionpi (Zamperla Flying) - 18/05

*Like*

Sorry, I don't anything more to say.
I'm jealous that there's CS for the shrubs and tree you (might) want. It's hard to come by Northern European Native Deciduous CS Trees.
I'm not even sure if the in-game "Northern European Native Deciduous Trees" are correct themselves.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster

@ CoasterCrazy : Thank you ! It's good to hear from you again too. Reminds me of the good times ago with reddude and CP10 and all those fun contests :) I'm glad you like my coaster type choice. In fact, I really liked the Zamperla Flying idea when it came out. Its narrow, twisty and curvy layout appealed a lot to me, so I was really disappointed when it turned out to be rough and uncomfortable. Still, I believe that with proper design this coaster model has potential. And I really, really like RCT iterations of the glider (such as Leonidas's Elicottero and Bohwa's shown above coaster) which inspired me to create Pionpi.

dageli10.jpg

Image : Elicottero, a stunning Leonidas masterpiece. Unfortunately unreleased :( Topic Link

By the way, will you come back to RCT3 any time soon ? I'd be happy to see another member posting creations again :)

@ scw55 : Thanks ! I'm actually surprised by your "jealousy" since I did not searched for vegetation sets that much. For shrubs and trees I only used well-known Gardening[/b] (by StationJimJr) and Astilbe Set (by foliage god N7). Have you tried the Gardening set ? It contains some very impressive and detailed trees, I am utterly amazed by its sheer number and diversity. Here's a link : CS Depot link

theuni10.jpg

Image : The Uninvited by mrSion
Amazing usage of StationJimJr's set

Anyway, back on topic. I'm making some slow progress with the rock and foliage stuff, though nothing very spectacular to show yet. I came with a very interesting building sketch while trying different CS mixes :

pionpi19.jpg

pionpi21.jpg

The incomplete structure is mainly made of Ralfvieh's East Asia and Arabian Days. I'm trying to go for a fantasy, tiny buildings atmosphere. Hope you'll like this small update !

scw55

Hyper Poster
Re: portemine's creations - Pionpi (Zamperla Flying) - 23/05

I might try that CS.
The problem is that there's only 1 native "Fir" tree in Britain, the Scot's Pine. And any "forest" CS tends to consist of various evergreen trees.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

portemine said:
@ CoasterCrazy : Thank you ! It's good to hear from you again too. Reminds me of the good times ago with reddude and CP10 and all those fun contests :) I'm glad you like my coaster type choice. In fact, I really liked the Zamperla Flying idea when it came out. Its narrow, twisty and curvy layout appealed a lot to me, so I was really disappointed when it turned out to be rough and uncomfortable. Still, I believe that with proper design this coaster model has potential. And I really, really like RCT iterations of the glider (such as Leonidas's Elicottero and Bohwa's shown above coaster) which inspired me to create Pionpi.

By the way, will you come back to RCT3 any time soon ? I'd be happy to see another member posting creations again :)

I beginning to get nostalgic now :( . I really hope I can return to rct3 in the summer, when I have more time after my final exams are over. In fact, I've been concentrating on Nolimits 2 at the moment with a few rct3 rides in the works which you can see on my thread, but whilst it is powerful, Rct3 scenery is unparalleled. Plus you can't make slingshot coasters so easily :p . Hey - if we can get Jarrett or another member in, we could even have a competition between the four of us :p . Or we can spam CP10 and reddude's PMs. :wink:

Anyway, I'm liking the CS (it always astounds me how incredibly detailed some of these sets can be). Btw, what's that other coaster in your signature...?

reddude333

Giga Poster

Always good to see someone playing around with the Asian scenery sets. I really appreciate the way you textured the paths and the overall atmosphere of the foliage. The coaster's new color scheme is intriguing...can't decide what I fully think of it haha. Definitely looking forward to more as always.

scw55

Hyper Poster

I'm in a weird place mentally with regards to enthusiasm. I find it difficult to sustain enthusiasm with an activity. Therefore I might find it hard to create an entry to a contest and finish it satisfyingly in time.

Or, I'll get absorbed into the contest and finish my entry in one day. And then get burn out.

Perhaps if a contest criteria fits something I would add to a part I am working on the two might coincide and might work for me.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster

I realise that not only I haven't posted updates of my RCT3 work here, I haven't replied to your messages in quite a while. I feel very sorry for this :s

so_uncivilized.gif

Thank you for all the kind words. It's great to find my creation appreciated :)

@CoasterCrazy: The other creation in my signature is an old B&M collab that was never shown. I entirely did the support and the terraforming though, and hope to release it in some way one day.

Anyway, do you remember this inverted ?

predator03.jpg

For the record, I posted a few pictures more than two years ago - here and there. It was actually meant to be my entry for Josh's Movie Competition, and to be themed around Predator. The coaster features a slanted launch similar to Hulk and I felt the whole experience was indeed like trying to flee the frightening threat of a predator. But for many reasons, I stalled with the work and the competition was aborted anyway.

I recently retrieved the file from my old computer and decided to give it a fresh coat of paint !

rapace10.png

rapace10.jpg

rapace11.jpg

rapace12.jpg

rapace13.jpg

The station is really blocky and generic. I intended to build it that way. However I tried to add some details such as framework, columns even an arch to avoid a too boring result. Furthermore, the station's base also mixes different walls of different thickness.

Overview:

rapace14.jpg

In other news, I haven't made much progress with Pionpi. Here's how my facade sketch evolved though:

pionpi10.jpg

A few weeks ago, I downloaded Belotto's wonderful Asian structures and started analysing them. It's very inspiring ! I am quite busy at the moment but I hope I can show you more on my Asian glider in a month :)

Dapalm

Mega Poster
Re: portemine's creations - Rapace, B&M Launch Invert - 17/1

I like that inverted layout. Can't wait to see how you fill up the rest of the space.