What's new

PortAventura | Uncharted | Intamin Multi-Dimension Coaster | 2023

Sandman

Giga Poster
I agree.

Shame it's an IP, but of all the IPs that will fit snugly with the whole 'PA' vibe, it's Uncharted. Just sort that exterior out and all is forgiven.

EDIT: Additionally, Sony Pictures hold the rights to the Uncharted movie franchise. I wonder if this will now have some bearing on the whole Universal takeover rumour.

Last edited:

jasone

Roller Poster
The games are great. I low key hated the film. While I’m not a fan of IPs at a park, I think Uncharted offers a LOT that could be used on a ride well. Excited to see how this one turns out.

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
EDIT: Additionally, Sony Pictures hold the rights to the Uncharted movie franchise. I wonder if this will now have some bearing on the whole Universal takeover rumour.
I immediately thought the same thing, but Universal have licensed Marvel and Warner IPs in their other parks, so I'd assume they would come to an agreement with Sony. Or maybe it will become a Sony park? :D

cookie

Giga Poster
Probably not. The licensing deal with Sony was likely struck before any of the (alleged) negotiations with Universal began. If Universal were to purchase the park, they’d honor the license until it expires in X number of years and then re-theme it to one of their own properties.

CineramaMax

Mega Poster
And there was me hoping that the first Uncharted themed ride would go to a Merlin park. 😂 My only concern about this would be the sightlines of an Uncharted themed ride from the Western themed area, given the sheer size of the showbuilding.

spicy

Giga Poster
I think Uncharted is a great IP for a coaster, I just don’t like where it is going in the park.

The western area in PA is so good and Uncharted just doesn’t belong there?

Overall coaster sounds great though. I am expecting a revenge of the mummy type coaster.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
Do we have a rough layout to this thing? 5 launches makes me think it’ll be something similar to Darkoaster, repeating a couple of launches/layout.

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
Never heard of Uncharted.

Is it not even western themed?

If so, I hate it when parks build stuff with such lack of artistic taste.

Come on, it's the Far West area, it has to at least have a vaguely western theme!

Projektion

Mega Poster
Do we have a rough layout to this thing? 5 launches makes me think it’ll be something similar to Darkoaster, repeating a couple of launches/layout.

There were 2 layouts that leaked a while back, 1 that had a base with the same shape of the building of PA and 1 that lines up more with whats been built at PA, including the curved trench, and has 5 launches.
1669824420346.png

1669824341068.png

Odds are it's the 2nd one.

Last edited: