What's new

Port Aventura |"Shambhala"| B&M Hyper

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
sparky2u said:
How does "Shambhala" compare in "airtime" to "Colossos" at Heide-Park Soltau..?

Incomparably?

Colossos has "ejector", Shambhala has "floater". The two rides give a very different sensation. Which you prefer is a personal choice. It's why I find top tens so hard to do.

[/hesaysneverhavingbeenoneitherbuthavingbeenonsimilar]

Lofty

CF Legend
No, you're right Furie. Whilst Shambhala gives pretty strong floater, it's not ejector, so I don't really think it's comparable.

Lottie.

Mega Poster
Re: Port Aventura |"Shambhala"| B&M Hyper

I want to make it my goal to go on Shambhala this year. It looks amazing, especially when you see it alongside Dragon Khan <3

Using Tapatalk...

Nic

Strata Poster
I'd say Shambhala has both ejector and floater depending on where you sit. Front of the train is floater, back of the train is more ejector. For that reason, whilst the back is still a fantastic and fun ride, I did prefer the front.

sparky2u

Mega Poster
Nic said:
I'd say Shambhala has both ejector and floater depending on where you sit. Front of the train is floater, back of the train is more ejector. For that reason, whilst the back is still a fantastic and fun ride, I did prefer the front.

Is that prolonged "floater airtime" over the hills as I sometimes feel dizzy if the airtime / G-force is too strong (e.g. can only ride "Nemesis" or "Nemesis Inferno" twice in a row as i can't walk straight when I get out of the seats).

I'm planning to make a trip to the park in early July, anyone know roughly what the Q times are likely to be & would the Spainish schools have finished for their summer hols..?

Lofty

CF Legend
Airtime on Nemesis & Nemesis Inforno? I think you're thinking of the opposite force ;)

Yeah, I won't lie, it's gonna be busy, not packed though, don't worry, you should be able to get on everything easy. I went in August (peak time) and everything had like a 30-45 minute queue, Shambhala at an hour, so it's all good.

andrus

Giga Poster
sparky2u said:
Is that prolonged "floater airtime" over the hills as I sometimes feel dizzy if the airtime / G-force is too strong (e.g. can only ride "Nemesis" or "Nemesis Inferno" twice in a row as i can't walk straight when I get out of the seats).
I found Inferno to do the same with me; could only ride a couple of times then I hade to take a rest. But I think that has to do with the abundance of right hand turns! I've ridden loads of other coasters with tight maneuvers like the Black Mamba eg, but they didn't make me dizzy. But the infamouse "5 in a row" of right hand turns on Inferno could probably make the most hardened of coaster enthusiasts feel sick. Imo Inferno is a case of proper bad coaster engineering! :?

sparky2u said:
I'm planning to make a trip to the park in early July, anyone know roughly what the Q times are likely to be & would the Spainish schools have finished for their summer hols..?
I went in June, before the Spanish shools had finshed for summer holiday, and the park was pretty full already back then. ~45min for Khan, 1-3h for Baco and ~45min for Huracan also. Haven't been since the construction of Shambhala so don't know how that has effected the queues..

Edit:

A hot tip is to purchase the express passes! They're relatively affordable, I belive it was somewhere around 40 euros for the unlimited ones. Imo it's a bargain and you don't have to stand in line at all!!

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
andrus said:
sparky2u said:
I found Inferno to do the same with me; could only ride a couple of times then I hade to take a rest. But I think that has to do with the abundance of right hand turns! I've ridden loads of other coasters with tight maneuvers like the Black Mamba eg, but they didn't make me dizzy. But the infamouse "5 in a row" of right hand turns on Inferno could probably make the most hardened of coaster enthusiasts feel sick. Imo Inferno is a case of proper bad coaster engineering! :?

sparky2u said:
I went in June, before the Spanish shools had finshed for summer holiday, and the park was pretty full already back then. ~45min for Khan, 1-3h for Baco and ~45min for Huracan also. Haven't been since the construction of Shambhala so don't know how that has effected the queues..

Edit:

A hot tip is to purchase the express passes! They're relatively pricey, I belive it was somewhere around 40 euros for the unlimited ones. Imo it's a bargain and you don't have to stand in line at all!!

^I believe the price goes down if you are staying in one of their hotels but it really is worth taking advantage of if you can

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
andrus said:

What do you mean by 5 in a row? You're talking about Nemesis Inferno right? It only has 3 right turns in the main part of the layout, 4 if you include the predrop. Unless you're counting the corkscrews as turns?

andrus

Giga Poster
Crazycoaster said:
What do you mean by 5 in a row? You're talking about Nemesis Inferno right? It only has 3 right turns in the main part of the layout, 4 if you include the predrop. Unless you're counting the corkscrews as turns?
Yes, and yes. It's Nemesis inferno I referred to and I did count in the flat spins as "right hand turns". I admit that was a bit vague description, but that was the easiest way to describe it! I actually just watched the POV and timed it; Inferno has a continous section of right hand turns that doesn't let up in18 seconds! That's just absurd, I got dizzy just by watching it on youtube!! :p

sparky2u

Mega Poster
A hot tip is to purchase the express passes! They're relatively pricey, I belive it was somewhere around 40 euros for the unlimited ones. Imo it's a bargain and you don't have to stand in line at all!![/quote]

^I believe the price goes down if you are staying in one of their hotels but it really is worth taking advantage of if you can[/quote]

I am staying at the Port Aventura Hotel which comes with "unlimited access to the park", I'll have to see if the "express passes" is valid just for a day, a few days or a whole week.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
That's pretty cool.
It happens on occasion that someone catches something lost by someone in front of them, (usually a hat) but it's even more uncommon that it was caught on video.

Lottie.

Mega Poster
Re: Port Aventura |"Shambhala"| B&M Hyper

Treeis said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5D0Z4buxHQ&feature=youtu.be&t=56s This is blowing up on reddit a bit. Guy catches keys that someone near the front of the train loses. Fun watch.

Aha, bet the person whose keys they belong to were glad he caught them!

After riding Shambhala, it is now my number two coaster. It is brilliant, the airtime throughout the ride is amazing and I thought the seating arrangement was going to be quite unsocial but actually it is very sociable to chat to your friends in front and behind you. Will definitely be making a trip to PA again soon!