What's new

Port Aventura |"Shambhala"| B&M Hyper

Lofty

CF Legend
I'm happy as long as the tunnel doesn't get covered in chewing gum and smell like mouldy mint for the rest of the ride's lifespan. :lol:

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
tks said:
[Negative Nancy]
How long because all that lovely theming gets covered in AWFUL Spanish graffiti??
[/Negative Nancy]

Not bad, just three pages too late ;)

furie said:
The ride area looks absolutely stunning and just think how much better it'll look in three week's time when everyone has had a chance to scrawl graffiti all over it? Superb!

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Seems that Shambhala is not "fat-friendly"...

I have seen a lot of people get kicked out of the ride because the restraint was not as far down as required to dispatch the train.

It seems weird because other B&M hypers operate just fine (even the American ones, with more overweight population!). How come?

Does anybody know if B&M have changed their standards in terms of restraints? Silver Star is also from B&M and doesn't have this problem and even people that has a "normal" weight and fitted in the test seat have been kicked of Shambhala because of the size of their thighs...

tks

Strata Poster
furie said:
tks said:
[Negative Nancy]
How long because all that lovely theming gets covered in AWFUL Spanish graffiti??
[/Negative Nancy]

Not bad, just three pages too late ;)

furie said:
The ride area looks absolutely stunning and just think how much better it'll look in three week's time when everyone has had a chance to scrawl graffiti all over it? Superb!

Or... you were three pages early.

Nic

Strata Poster
oriolat2 said:
Does anybody know if B&M have changed their standards in terms of restraints? Silver Star is also from B&M and doesn't have this problem and even people that has a "normal" weight and fitted in the test seat have been kicked of Shambhala because of the size of their thighs...
Jake reported similar findings when he went on Raptor early in the season last year, saying that people with fat thighs and skinny waists were kicked off, whilst people with fat guts and skinny thighs were fine. He reckoned that the seat belts were a lot shorter than usual. That said, when we went on the CF-Live, we didn't notice an issue at all. None of us had to do the walk of shame, and I can't say that I saw anyone else get kicked off while we were there either. The seats fitted me in the same way that a B&M invert does. Now, whether anything had changed between the two trips, I honestly don't know. I can say that The Swarm's were fine right from opening day though, again, fitting me in the same way as an invert.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Shambhala has closed early today because two metal bars have fallen from the top of the lift hill structure (next to the splash) during operation.

th720_35c918df78327c614b25a2ede68f5bcd.JPG

th720_9903a7126db4a077adacf3fed5ecf8aa.JPG

Considering it's been open for just two weeks, I don't think PA will allow Shambhala to operate until they find what caused this. :cry:

On a side note Baco has also been closed today because of technical difficulties (aka: Intamin curse :lol: )

Kebab

Giga Poster
Not good, I'm going there the end of June so hopefully it'll be sorted by then, it seems only a *minor problem though, it shouldn't be too long until its up and running!

*Yet potentially fatal if either landed on the track segment of the splash (seeing as there are no MCBR's before that section) or if it plonked on someones head...

Nick

Mega Poster
What on earth do you think those bars are from? The only thing I can think of is that they're from the stairs on the lift hill, perhaps the poles on the fence / barrier thing to the left of the lift. This would make sense colour wise...I think.

But they look so thin and feeble, perhaps they were used temporarily during construction and forgot to be removed? I have no idea!

Lofty

CF Legend
Nick said:
What on earth do you think those bars are from? The only thing I can think of is that they're from the stairs on the lift hill, perhaps the poles on the fence / barrier thing to the left of the lift. This would make sense colour wise...I think.

But they look so thin and feeble, perhaps they were used temporarily during construction and forgot to be removed? I have no idea!
Nah, I don't think so, look how greased up they are. They're obviously something from near the actual chain lift itself. I have the feeling they're a cover for some kind of electrical cable or something like that, it makes sense why it would be so greased.

Nick

Mega Poster
Yeah I think you're probably right, still concerning though... Does anyone know if the ride is operating fine now?

oriolat2

Giga Poster
And yet again!

Shambhala has been closed for the past 3 days. Apparently, there's an issue with the lift hill. They took the whole chain out and they have inspected the lift hill return trough.

It *might* be operational tomorrow.

Here there are some photos showing Shambhala at night with lift hill lights on (if you closely there's a crane working as of now, 1am). I must say the lighting package is very powerful!

imagen1qs.jpg

imagen3sw.jpg

imagen5u.jpg

imagen4tn.jpg

imagen2yo.jpg

imagen0d.jpg

Source: Harman from PAFans.com

Lofty

CF Legend
Shambhala at night <3
Such a shame there's not more lighting, imagine the Ampersand lit up.. My god.

I just hope they get it back up and running properly for July :/

oriolat2

Giga Poster
It's, again, up and running again. Let's hope the ride doesn't get even more teething problems...

In addition, some themeing has been shifted to avoid people climbing on it/to open up more viewing space and the front row queue has gone for good.