What's new

Port Aventura |"Shambhala"| B&M Hyper

kimahri

CF Legend
AaaAAAARGH, I DISAGREE WITH UC! THIS PUTS ME AT A BETTERSTANDARD OF MY SELF FROM BREFORE BECAUSE I DARED TO DISAGREE WITH SOMEONE WHO LIKES TO VOICE HIS CRITISISM SLIGHTLY MORE AGGRESSIVLY THAN OTHERS OOOUAAARGH!

I don't really have much to say about this. It would be a new experience ( If the germany live falls through) and it looks cool and is a good enough drive to make me want to go back to PA. So all is good I guess.

Lofty

CF Legend
Brett7710 said:
-lofty- said:
Also, that Helix is not a "A reverse of Nitro Helix" at all, a reverse of Nitro's helix would be Goliath at SFoG if anything...
I thought that too but I daren't step in the path of UC, i'd have been struck down like the rest of the noobs! :roll:
Nah, don't worry, at the end of the day, as someone stated above, and he'd even agree himself, UC is just outspoken (usually right with what he says too), he's not a nasty person in the slightest!

Brett7710

Mega Poster
-lofty- said:
Brett7710 said:
-lofty- said:
Also, that Helix is not a "A reverse of Nitro Helix" at all, a reverse of Nitro's helix would be Goliath at SFoG if anything...
I thought that too but I daren't step in the path of UC, i'd have been struck down like the rest of the noobs! :roll:
Nah, don't worry, at the end of the day, as someone stated above, and he'd even agree himself, UC is just outspoken (usually right with what he says too), he's not a nasty person in the slightest!
I didn't have him down as nasty, it was meant as a joke but i didn't have much time to pick the right smilie to make it clear.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Daily update:

Some members from PA-C have been next to the park today to see what was going on and here are the result; last support up, return trough almost completed, last lift hill track ready to be lifted tomorrow, start of the first airtime hill and works on the transfer area/brakes.

th720_DSC_0393_1328039927.JPG

th720_DSC_0387_1328039860.JPG

Overview

th720_foto8_1328034386.jpg

Yay, first camelback going up! The track spine on this one looks HUGE.

th720_foto10_1328035451.jpg

This walls are starting to surround the transfer/brakes area. Themeing? Quite possibly.

Also, yesterday, Jivo (from Bloggercoaster.com) went to the park and snapped some big photos in high resolution. He mentioned that the station building is going up.

31120122.jpg

More pictures can be found in Bloggercoaster and PA-Community :--D

Sources: http://www.pa-community.com/p/port_aventura/atraccion-2012/fotos/ and http://www.bloggercoaster.com/2012/01/construccion-shambhala-enero-2012-parte.html

Lofty

CF Legend
^ The upper parts of the wall are clearly for the transfer shed, whereas the lower part has actually got the beginnings of some kind of theming mesh. It's the frame in which you add mesh to begin sculpting and whatnot by the looks of it.

Ben

CF Legend
Wow.

I just realised, this will be the tallest lift hill coaster I'll have been on... As if Silver Star holds that record, haha... (I think...)

And it looks its height as well. Jesus. Can't imagine how huge it'll look in real life. SO excited <3 (sorry UC)

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Aww, Kahn looks so cute!

I like Shambhala over it, though. Looks nice and intimidating, kind of like Millenium Force in a way.,

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I really want to see it with the first drop installed. I never really get a sense of how big and good it will look until the hill (lift hill/drop or normal hill) is complete.

It certainly looks impressive though! :D

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
Europeans are very B&M deprived :lol: Hopefully, they use the magnetic trims and not the loud friction ones they built on Behemoth when it opened. Looks good, sucks how it makes khan look so small I really liked that coaster, now its just a dwarf compared to Shamy.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Venom2053 said:
Looks good, sucks how it makes khan look so small I really liked that coaster, now its just a dwarf compared to Shamy.

This is one things that bugs me. Why use the past tense like that, as if this now means Khan is no longer any good. It's the exact same, I don't see how Shambhala will effect it really. Apart from having more to look at/interact with.

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
No Shambhala will just ruin beautiful photos of Khan... Like this one.

Rollercoaster_DragonKhan_PortAventura.jpg

The ride itself hasn't changed but the way you see it when you come in the park has.
But hey thats just my opinion.

Ben

CF Legend
Venom2053 said:
Europeans are very B&M deprived :lol:

Yeah. Hilarious.

Which of us has been on by far the most amount of B&Ms, you the North American, or me, the European.

Shame.