What's new

Port Aventura |"Shambhala"| B&M Hyper

^ I agree with you, Nick. I think Mike T just needs to calm down a bit :) Hopefully I will get to ride this soon...

All I can say about this ride is WOW.

And Mike T the experince will be different, what other B&M hypers do you know what are themed this well, theming can do alot for a ride.

Mike T said:
Which is fine, and I hope everybody enjoys the ride - but to call it special when it comes from the same recipe as every other coaster from the B&M catalog shows how out of touch Europeans can be when it comes to new coasters. Shambhala will be great for the massive amount of people that visit Port Aventura - but it's not going any faster, nor is it pulling forces any stronger than anything else on the market. So congratulations on the big coaster - but don't try to tell everybody else that it's different, because it's not. Wait until you get a true badass Intamin and then report back to us.

Wow, you sound like a really jealous american.
And what your are saying about Intamins is probably the weakest argument i've heard in a long time.
If you like ejector over floater, Intamin over B&M, fine. But that doesn't prevent any other enthusiast from feeling the opposite.

I agree on the theming point made above, but I can't really say Mike is wrong to say that the speed and forces aren't different. I would be highly surprised if they were and he is right to say that you aren't getting more in those areas. I think this is a great addition to PA and all and I love to see a new B&M go as much as the next guy, but there are some valid points here. I wouldn't say this is jealousy so much as cynicism. I think the & turnaround has something new to bring to the table (but mostly in terms of visual value) and the theming is truly top notch. But CoasterCruiser, you gotta admit, the US has much more variety for similar heights/speeds in B&M megas (and just megas in general).

Where has anybody in here suggested this ride will be different to rides of the same type out in the US?

Mug.

Haha, I'm not sure actually. I was just trying to make the point that Mike T has a fair point and I don't think he should just go in the category of "jealous American" because, as much as I'd love to ride Shambhala, and me being an American, I wouldn't exactly put myself in that category either.

This does look lovely!

imagen7tk.jpg

imagen30s.jpg

imagen31a.jpg

imagen34g.jpg

imagen37p.jpg

1336838319.jpg

http://www.pafans.com

th720034ec6de72db4f5a1b.jpg

th720df129ae88d305a9d8d.jpg

th720c79754fe9828252c2a.jpg

th720f0679556a1d5ea82d0.jpg

th7209379fc7d47ceaf5db9.jpg

th7208420e8fe2848ab7fa6.jpg

th7206b548c1b329725c9bc.jpg

th72036230102d33f9538a1.jpg

th72013d435d1f96c544b02.jpg

th7200fb2436b52f34113a4.jpg

http://www.pa-community.com

Wow that all looks great, I take back what I presumed about the water effect, that actually looks really cool, I bet it really adds to the ride experience too. I still hope they theme the tunnel at some point, it looks more out of place every time you see how great the rest of it looks.

The entire package looks absolutely fantastic. The visuals are very nicely done and the pacing of the ride looks like it's on par with Diamondback. The ride itself looks good, but the details really make the ride.

TheCoasterCruiser said:
And exactly what has that to do with anything i said?
It has to do with you calling Mike a jealous American. Americans have nothing to be jealous of in terms of B&M hypers and for that reason it has everything to do with what you said. And my comment was not just a reply to you. I was also replying to Mike T's original comment and offering my own opinion. Believe it or not, it's not all about you.

As for the pictures, I love the way all of the theming has come together and the splashdown does look great. Any news of the kind of spray you get coming through there? I too would like to see theming around the tunnel but they have done such a beautiful job so far that I wouldn't dare complain if they leave it as is.

Btw, anyone know how the metal planetary statue by the splashdown fits into the theme? I don't know PA well at all so I don't have much to go off of in the first place.

reddude333 said:
It has to do with you calling Mike a jealous American. Americans have nothing to be jealous of in terms of B&M hypers and for that reason it has everything to do with what you said. And my comment was not just a reply to you. I was also replying to Mike T's original comment and offering my own opinion. Believe it or not, it's not all about you.

Okay, you seriously need to calm down.
Read his post and try to understand why I said what I said.
Don't take it so personal.
I don't care how many hypers you have, what counts is if they're actually good. I'm not saying their bad, I'm just saying that it's not about quantity but quality.

I have just returned from Salou for the Shambhala opening weekend. The buzz in the park was amazing!!!

The whole of the china area was shut from the public until 3pm for the opening so Dragon Khan wasn't running until then which was a shame.

We managed to get on within the first half an hour, its the first roller coater opening i've been to since Oblivion at Alton Towers. The crowd was in high sprits and their were cheers and claps every-time it set off. I was impressed with the open carts and seating arrangement.

The first drop goes straight down and then into a small tunnel before you are fired out the other end, the speed maintains through the two camel backs and turn and the water effect really adds to the experience.

Luckily for us the day after opening (Yesterday) was the formula one race so the park was empty. We got on Shambhala another 5 times, The ride from the front seats is great but personally the best seat is at the very back getting whipped round every part but still with a good view. The water effect only really gets you if you are on the end seats and its only drops.

[Negative Nancy]
How long because all that lovely theming gets covered in AWFUL Spanish graffiti??
[/Negative Nancy]

tks said:
[Negative Nancy]
How long because all that lovely theming gets covered in AWFUL Spanish graffiti??
[/Negative Nancy]

On Sunday, one day after the opening, some bits of the bridge leading to the station had some tags already... :evil: