What's new

Port Aventura |"Shambhala"| B&M Hyper

Re: [Rumour] 2012 B&M for Port Aventura

Ben said:
I wouldn't say two wooden posts = DEFINITE B&M OMG just yet :p
My thoughts exactly. Who says these aren't just arbitrary posts showing the outline of a fence, or electrical cable or... anything...

I think I'll wait a bit longer before I plan my trip for opening day...

Lol, I can just picture the fanboys going mental over spotting a small stick in the ground! :lol:

Yes, but one of them is in some mud!!!!! Mud is always good!

Thanks for posting the update though :)

Thanks for the update! I'm really excited about this now :) I did already know that the ride at some part would cross over Dragon Khans lift hill but I didn't know that the lift hill would be parallel to DK's as well :eek:

^ & the first one hit's...

I'm not going to get excited until I see plans, ACTUAL construction or Promotion!

Looks very big and drawn out. I suspect it could well be a Hyper coaster like the article says.

I'm actually pretty excited for this. I'd love an excuse to go back to PA.

Layout seems a bit on the boring side, so this may end up a B&M Mega after all :)
But then again, we could always hope that it's an Intamin the size of I305 but with more hills...

^Are there any other pictures apart from that 'birds-eye-view'? I'm pretty sure most B&M Hypers looks dull from above. Look at Diamondback (for example, happens to be my favourite B&M Hyper) from above. It looks boring as hell.

Until we see elevation plans, I think it's a little early to say it's going to be dull. :D

[Rumour] 2012 B&M for Port Aventura

328ft high B&M monster, it's almost too good to be true!

2012 is lining up nicely for B&Ms with this and LC12.

Awesome.

Still hate how it's gonna spite Khan, but, whatever, it'd be awesome.

Looks like its going to be pretty short for a 328ft coaster...which could point towards Dive machine?

^ It doesn't look short at all! look how it compares to Dragon Khan, which is a beast of a coaster already. The long straights imply to me that it'll be an airtime focused ride, so I'm going with it being a hyper coaster.

Which I think would be a wise choice, it would fit into the line-up nicely and Europe needs a decent one.

Am I going blind or is there nothing on Screamscape other than videos of the new area? Anyone directly link me to this image of a proposed layout?

^You have to scroll halfway down the page to the "2012 - New Coaster / Waterpark Expansion" section ;)

2011_0517_PortAvenutra_coasterrumor.jpg

I think it's looking good :) If it's a B&M hyper style coaster the layout won't be much more thrilling than this! Lets just hope there's a good bunch of airtime hills! I'm a little bit dissapointed though that there's no helix..

And OMFG if the 100 meters height is correct!!! :p That'll mean that the coaster will be among the top 5 both in terms of speed and height! And it'll be the tallest non-launched coaster on earth!!

So is this actually confirmed, or just a mock-up by a fan? If so, where did they get the info from?

^I suppose the red dots represent spotted survey markers. I have no clue to where he got the 100 meters height from though..

This picture was made by a fan according to some rumours he or she had heard about the layout.

Don't get your hopes up (just yet) :p