What's new

Port Aventura |"Shambhala"| B&M Hyper

Lofty

CF Legend
It's cheap enough and easy enough to go there for a 2 day trip. Hey, even a 5 day trip cost around £250 for EVERYTHING in a 4* Hotel.

Tony

Hyper Poster
God hope this turns out to be true! Love Port Aventura and they could really do with another good coaster to add to their line-up. A flyer or Dive Machine would both be fantastic additions to the park.

Also B&M sure is getting busy in Europe lately with the addition of Raptor and Krake this year and Parc Asterix's Invert and LC10 next year! Definitely heading back there next year if true :D .

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Tony said:
God hope this turns out to be true! Love Port Aventura and they could really do with another good coaster to add to their line-up. A flyer or Dive Machine would both be fantastic additions to the park.

Also B&M sure is getting busy in Europe lately with the addition of Raptor and Krake this year and Parc Asterix's Invert and LC10 next year! Definitely heading back there next year if true :D .
LC12 darling. ;)

-lofty- said:
It's cheap enough and easy enough to go there for a 2 day trip. Hey, even a 5 day trip cost around £250 for EVERYTHING in a 4* Hotel.
Count me in! :p

Kebab

Giga Poster
I place bets they'll build it in Polynesia, but I could see a flyer fitting better around that area. Possible removal for Diablo towards this anyone? :?

Lofty

CF Legend
Erm. No. Not if they're shutting Khan for it. That doesn't seem a valid option in my opinion.

Lofty

CF Legend
I know, I meant to add that. I seriously doubt them closing El Diablo for this new coaster. At least, I hope not, it's actually a pretty fun coaster.

Ben

CF Legend
Um, seeing as Diablo is in a different area of the park, I doubt it...

Mexico and China. Two different places even in PA!

tucoaster

Roller Poster
Hi,

Thanks for the link to my site. My apologize for not posting the info in english but, you know, the time...

The info that we have is that Dragon Khan probably will be stopped because the construction of the new ride. Rumors point that the new ride layout, or part of it will be very close of dragon khan.

The ride will be located in a new area.

As soon as we have any news, ill try to post them here.

PD: Sorry for my english

Lofty

CF Legend
Your English is fantastic. Much better then most of our Spanish anyhow ;)

I do hope they do open a new 'Land'. I know it was mentioned a long time ago that they were going to add that "Amazonia" area, or whatever it was going to be. I think it would fit in perfect. The only problem is that I am sure it was going to be where the new Barrio Sesame thing is. Hopefully it goes the other side of that where that HUGE baron area at the side of Khan is.

tucoaster

Roller Poster
ok, maybe because my english, when i said "new area" i want to mean "new location". It will be a new area, or a expansion of an a existing one. Whe dont have more info....

andrus

Giga Poster
Re: [Rumour] 2012 B&M for Port Aventura

Ian said:
Apparently, "rumors point to a Dive Machine, with long track layout and a record drop."
I think that a flyer would suit the park better since it would be more distinct different than Dragon Khan. But if the "record drop" equals 73 m (10 m taller than Griffon, so quite possible) and as a result becomes the tallest ride in europe (taller than Silver Star) it'll be a great opportunity for PA as they can advertise themselves as having both the fastest (Baco) and tallest (new DM) ride in europe!

tucoaster said:
ok, maybe because my english, when i said "new area" i want to mean "new location". It will be a new area, or a expansion of an a existing one. Whe dont have more info....
A new area would be great but I doubt it. I believe the location in Polynesia next to Sesame Street is correct. Look at the picture below (taken from Tower Times). There's plenty of space for a new ride, the squareish footprint would suit a big dive machine perfectly!
portaventura1.png

oriolat2

Giga Poster
The ride is rumoured to be intertwined with Khan ala Dueling Dragons at some points (that doesn't mean they are turning Khan into a dueling coaster). The latest rumours also point out that Fumanchu (Wave Swinger) sitting next to Khan is going to be removed/relocated somewhere else to make room for one of the turns/elements.

According to PA-C, construction should start around May. Can't wait! :)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ Cheers!

If construction is due to start in three months, surely there are plans or at least some confirmed details floating about? I can't believe that these things can be kept quiet!

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Well, I am pretty positive that they will wait until Sésamo Aventura (the new kid's area next to Polynesia) opens up to announce anything officially.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Update (again, these are only rumours):

- According to the latest ride description, the ride will be VERY tall (between 75 and 94 meters) becoming Europe's tallest coaster and entering the top 10 of the world's tallest coasters. (I hope it's a giga :p).
- The ride will not feature inversions.
- The layout will be over 1.000 meters long and it has been said that it could be going from China to Tutuki Splash (for those familiar with the park this is a HUUUUGE and long stretch).
- The coaster will go under Khan's first drop and over the lift hill (maybe that's why Fumanchu needs to go). Some people talk about an overbanked turn.
- There might be a tunnel or a splash element.

I think we can rule out a flying coaster (shame!) and a DM (no inversions and layout seems to long for that model). The only thing I am positive is that this will be massive.

For now, PA have been really quiet about the project (just like any former projects) but an announcement is expected between June and July (once the school trips are over). I can't wait!

andrus

Giga Poster
^^Do you have any source for this? I'm very interested in reading more of this!

IF this is true it's the most awesome news in a long time!! The tallest B&M ever built, and maybe even a giga, in my favourite park :--D<3