What's new

Phantasialand | Taron | Intamin launched

Lofty

Social Media Team
Staff member
Social Media Team
I love how open the trains are and the the near misses are so fab.


Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.
 

DelPiero

Well-Known Member
I'm seriously impressed with Raik's enclosed lift hill, it looks amazing, here's the view from onboard RQ (Source)


Here's another pic (Source)of the trains which show off the excellent finishing, leg room might be an issue though.

Also, they currently have two different types of wheels on (bottom left and right of the pic)
 

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Moderator
Social Media Team
DelPiero said:

Also, they currently have two different types of wheels on (bottom left and right of the pic)
My guess is that the yellow coloured wheel (that doesn't match the rest) will be of a softer rubber to allow them to test greater speed losses etc. I suspect that would be removed/replaced when the coaster is open. I'm open to other theories though!
 

DelPiero

Well-Known Member
Hixee said:
My guess is that the yellow coloured wheel (that doesn't match the rest) will be of a softer rubber to allow them to test greater speed losses etc. I suspect that would be removed/replaced when the coaster is open. I'm open to other theories though!
Oh it's definitely just for testing, which we should see soon :)
 

Lofty

Social Media Team
Staff member
Social Media Team
Leah will be absolutely fine.

But yeah, that leg room looks incredibly small.
 

Jamesss

Member
Yikes. Leg room does look a bit tight. Maybe it will be better in the second row of each car, so you can put your knees either side of the seat in front.
 

Lofty

Social Media Team
Staff member
Social Media Team
Also, just realised that the grip section on the restraints don't meet in the middle - they're like handle bars? I find the restraint to be so weird now ha.
 

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
I wonder if there will be a lower then usual maximum rider height for this ride? The leg room does look awful as pointed out by others, the thought of my knees up against that sharp looking piece of metal isn't great.
 

Joey

Well-Known Member
The dummies always skew proportion perception - those kind are designed to be the maximum human size able to ride. They're huge.

I'm sure leg room won't be fantastic, but trust those dummies are huge.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
 

Dar

Member
It looks like the seats are tilted up so your knees *should* be higher than the bar, but we'll have to wait and see. Even as someone that's blindly in love with this, there doesn't look to be a load of room in those trains :(
 

Lofty

Social Media Team
Staff member
Social Media Team
Looking at the size of the seat to the dummy - I really don't think they're far off the same size as a human to be honest with you! I'm not picking argument, Joey - but they look about right…


Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.
 

nealbie

Well-Known Member
Credit when it's due, Joey's right.

Those dummies have bigger thighs than me and Stone Cold put together almost. Huuuuge.
 

Lofty

Social Media Team
Staff member
Social Media Team
I'm talking length, not width, they're not that long…


Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.
 

nealbie

Well-Known Member
Chris Brown said:
Everyone knows length is more important...
I prefer a bit of both myself, but I'm just picky. :p

I also meant both, my legs will fit in that gap when bent at the knee and as CF's resident giant, barring freakishness, everyone else should be fine.
 

Lofty

Social Media Team
Staff member
Social Media Team
nealbie said:
I also meant both, my legs will fit in that gap when bent at the knee and as CF's resident giant, barring freakishness, everyone else should be fine.
Yeah, I didn't quite realise how tall you were until this past weekend. It will be an extremely tight fit, I'm not saying 'TALL PEOPLE WON'T FIT', I'm saying it's gonna be really restrictive.

Chris Brown said:
Everyone knows length is more important...
That's definitely not true :lol:


Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.
 

nealbie

Well-Known Member
Lofty said:
nealbie said:
I also meant both, my legs will fit in that gap when bent at the knee and as CF's resident giant, barring freakishness, everyone else should be fine.
Yeah, I didn't quite realise how tall you were until this past weekend. It will be an extremely tight fit, I'm not saying 'TALL PEOPLE WON'T FIT', I'm saying it's gonna be really restrictive.

Chris Brown said:
Everyone knows length is more important...
That's definitely not true :lol:
Fair. Maybe more people will know of my pain when riding some coasters. Genuinely thought my knees were going to pop out on Octonauts this Sunday. XD
 

djreplay26

New Member
[facebookpost]http://www.facebook.com/phantasialand/videos/1074720065900490/[/facebookpost]

[Updated to use [facebookpost] tags. :) - Hyde]
 
Top