What's new

Phantasialand | Taron | Intamin launched

Danzibarr

Member
When this was first "announced" there were rumours that it would include a Th13teen style drop track, has this been ruled out now? I've not seen anyone mention it during construction.
 

Ethan

Well-Known Member
There's been no evidence to say there will be one! We know the layout already too :)

The drop track/tilt track/panorama turn rumour at the start was simply a fanboy making his dream coaster up in his head!
 

Ayy Lmao

Member
Ethan said:
There's been no evidence to say there will be one! We know the layout already too :)

The drop track/tilt track/panorama turn rumour at the start was simply a fanboy making his dream coaster up in his head!
Can you show an animated pov for the layout
 

Ethan

Well-Known Member
^ It's the only layout that actually makes sense and fits perfectly with the footers and supports in place already!
 

Ben

Social Media Team
Social Media Team
There is no official layout though is there?

Until that time we can only presume, not know.
 

peep

Well-Known Member
So a mass of new supports arrived on site, theming is being added to the walls around the edge of the site, ride logo has been added, even more theming is being added around the site and a massive pit is being built and no one really knows why....










Love this photo




Looks like they're prepping the tunnel for the addition of theming
























Once again massive kudos to those over at http://www.phantafriends.de
 

Dar

Member
That twisty section looks like it's going to be great fun, especially if there's extra theme work build around it.
 

elephant58

Active Member
I have to admit, it does look really good. But remember what they said at the start guys, it's going to be just like Thirteen. ;)
 

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Moderator
Social Media Team
I'm still so intrigued by the bubble wrap. There doesn't seem to be any system as to which bits of the track have it still on or not. It's so odd.

Oh yeah, I guess the ride looks pretty great too. Definitely going to take a trip next year. :)
 

peep

Well-Known Member
elephant58 said:
I have to admit, it does look really good. But remember what they said at the start guys, it's going to be just like Thirteen. ;)
Who said that? The park or some enthusiast? Because this looks nothing like Thirteen. If it rides like Thirteen then great because its quite a smooth and fun experience.

^Yeah, their process in taking it off is weird. I assume they take off bits in areas where theming has been completed?
 

Jamesss

Member
So I love the look of this coaster, but there is one thing that bothers me - the lack of colour. With the black track and supports and the dark grey rockwork, it all feels a bit drab to look at in my opinion. I was hoping there'd be plenty more theming to come but if they're already taking the wrapping off the track it makes me think it might stay like that...?

Best wait till it's finished I suppose.
 

Pink Cadillac

Active Member
I'm not drooling over the rockwork either. It's hard to put it into words, but to put it simply, it looks very unnatural. Don't @ me.
 

elephant58

Active Member
peep said:
elephant58 said:
I have to admit, it does look really good. But remember what they said at the start guys, it's going to be just like Thirteen. ;)
Who said that? The park or some enthusiast? Because this looks nothing like Thirteen. If it rides like Thirteen then great because its quite a smooth and fun experience.

^Yeah, their process in taking it off is weird. I assume they take off bits in areas where theming has been completed?
I'm not entirely sure, but someone described it as a Thirteen-Cheetah Hunt cross when it was first announced.
 

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Re: Phantasialand to demolish the Western area for something

elephant58 said:
peep said:
elephant58 said:
I have to admit, it does look really good. But remember what they said at the start guys, it's going to be just like Thirteen. ;)
Who said that? The park or some enthusiast? Because this looks nothing like Thirteen. If it rides like Thirteen then great because its quite a smooth and fun experience.

^Yeah, their process in taking it off is weird. I assume they take off bits in areas where theming has been completed?
I'm not entirely sure, but someone described it as a Thirteen-Cheetah Hunt cross when it was first announced.
Crazycoaster said:
Screamscape said:
Screamscape source have sent us a bit more information about Phantasialand's new Klugheim project. For starters, apparently the new coaster itself is likely to be named "Taron", as the park has filed for a new trademark to use this name and logo as seen here.

As for the coaster itself... again, the information seems to lead us to think that this is an Intamin made coaster, but with a design that may be more of a mix of Cheetah Hunt at Busch Gardens Tampa and Thirteen at Alton Towers. Our source says that the layout they saw had the coaster leave the station and go through a short dark-ride style indoor section before hitting a launch track and going outside and into a figure-8 style element labeled the "Panorama Curve", which is said to look a lot like the elevated figure-8 element on Cheetah Hunt. From here the train will drop into a series of S-curves before entering a building for another dark ride section that looked to include a 10-meter free-fall drop track element, much like Thirteen. Leaving here, the train appeared to load into a tilt-track style element, much like the one on Escape from Gringotts, dropping the train down and into a second launch track, into an Immelman style inversion, a series of overbanked curves, an into either a corkscrew or zero-g-roll inversion before sliding back into the station one again.

Our source also described the trains as looking quite a bit like Skyrush at Hersheypark, seating 4 across with the outer two seats hanging out over the edge of the track. The trains wont be very long however, featuring just 2 cars per train, and each car only having 2 rows, for a total of 16 riders per train.
This sounds.. incredible.
It was a ScreamScape article, describing the design of the coaster, which I can see. Twisty, lots of turns, etc. But the article does mention that it might've had the drop track, inversions, a panorama curve, a tilt track, and SkyRush trains. This was ScreamScape back in February, so that means lots of false info.
 
Top