What's new

Phantasialand | Taron | Intamin launched

spicy

Giga Poster
Looks awesome, I still haven't got myself over there but Phantasialand is a must visit after this addition.

Looks so weird all the track and supports being constructed still all wrapped up, I've never seen that before?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Yeah, I don't recall ever seeing that before. I can only assume that the extensive theming they're doing is posing some risk to the track - either from direct damage (seems unlikely some plastic wrapping would really help that) or from paint/spraycrete/etc getting on the track. Even still, we've seen lots of extensively themed rides built without the plastic wrapping.

I mean, the layout so far looks great, but all that wrapping is by the most interesting aspect of the project to me so far... :lol:

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
^Same here! Just imagine being the person who gets to peel all that plastic wrapping off...mmm satisfying!

I'm not a fan of Intamin launch coasters, but I'm sure Phantasialand will make this one very special. Looking forward to riding it next year!

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
11698916_869200089821218_3724822332762378111_n.jpg

I really hope they don't ruin this by putting OTSRs on...

Ben

CF Legend
Yeah, this will be made or broken by the restraints.

They've got better at not putting the OTSRs on so hopefully we don't see them!

Or hopefully at least the fab fabric ones Maverick has now.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I get the impression the main reason for Intamin OTSRs and why, say, Tempesto has them, is to stop people from cracking their head on the back of the seat in front should it stop abruptly. If this has short trains with a comparatively high seat number for their length, it'll have OTSRs.

nealbie

CF Legend
You say that, but you have to physically hold yourself back on Kanonen to avoid smacking your head on the pillar in front even with OTSR.

Can't wait for the latest fab dragon coaster though. Bit gutted it isn't Helix 2 though.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Fantastic looking. I would put my money on updated Intamin OTSRs with a short train length in order to navigate those tight-looking turns.

_koppen

Hyper Poster
I really don't know why anyone is thinking this will have OTSR, Intamin haven't done those in a few seasons now..

DelPiero

Strata Poster
^ They come over the body but are most definitely lapbars.

8eh7o00bo2v00000387659.jpg

Koppen is right, last one was Cheetah Hunt I believe that had proper OTSRs.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Thanks for the clarification. Here's the hoping for a simple lap bar!

Ben

CF Legend
Yeah, I've just had a flick through RCDB and it was.

Which does give us hope, but, remember it can always come down to the country/park/ride itself, so we can't be sure based on precedence.

Let us all pray however.

Shame I guess the clearances aren't enough for it to have Skyrush trains ha. Everything should be retrofitted with those trains.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Fan made layout with theming.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQwW1u4oXGs&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
My only problem with that are the trims. Other than that, so much yes! I hope this is like what the real ride is like.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk