What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

Dar

Hyper Poster
How are they regulating the number of people in the area? Is it one out one in, or are they doing batches out and in?

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
Another not-Rookburgh thing I noticed on the map is that there is no green arrow showing the entrance of Hollywood Tour. The number is still there though. However, to me it seems they won't fix the problems soon, assumed the current parkmaps won't change until Wintertraum.

IMG_20200919_142836.jpg

DocLa

Roller Poster
Another not-Rookburgh thing I noticed on the map is that there is no green arrow showing the entrance of Hollywood Tour. The number is still there though. However, to me it seems they won't fix the problems soon, assumed the current parkmaps won't change until Wintertraum.

View attachment 9840

Only attractions with entry and exit located at different places got those colored arrows.

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
Wait was between 20 and 45 min today (entrance to station), not bad at all for a new coaster. (Especially compared to Tarons opening year)
First three rides were almost walk-on. Furthermore, they opened Rookburgh earlier today (around 10:20 am) in comparison to Thursday and Friday (around 12).
And how long was the wait to enter RB? :)

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
Only attractions with entry and exit located at different places got those colored arrows.
OH woops, lol. Didn't notice that, it's been ages since I have used a parkmap. :p

I saw some people saying that there's a theme object that's not in place yet.

I guess it's this suspected conveyor belt. I'm guessing that it will be added to the launch somewhere because to me it seems a transport system of coal from the train to the coal pit.

However, the way the object is being placed here does not seem definitive to me. But it's just speculation. I'm curious if I'm right.
Screenshot_20200919-002204.jpg

Last edited:

Alessio

Roller Poster
And how long was the wait to enter RB? :)

Around 20-35 min after the initial opening of the area (Kaiserplatz -> entrance) (Can’t give exact numbers because we directly went to the entrance after opening). It went down to about 5 min in the afternoon (Wintergarten -> entrance).
The wait time was consistent over the day. But to be fair, the Park wasn’t as crowded as expected for a Saturday, especially for the first weekend after the opening of Rookburgh.

Managed to get a total of 7 rides today on F.L.Y.. Really enjoyed the ride, the atmosphere and theming is great. Wasn’t expecting too much after hearing some reviews that it is forceless but was blown away.

Definitely different to the other Flying Coasters I have ridden, probably my new favorite (previously Manta), but the ride is quite intense, especially the turns and for example the Helix at the end. You are pressed into the restraints significantly and the short Moments of airtime in between are something refreshing for a flying coaster. The layout is long but really smooth and provides an enjoyable ride for everyone.
Enjoyed the Queue and station, definitely best at the park. The whole area of Rookburgh is amazing and we stayed 3/4 of our day just in the area.

Can really recommend visiting PHL to experience Rookburgh (one of the best themed areas I have been to), even though it is still a soft opening, F.L.Y. was running really consistent with no witnessed down time.

Second day at the park today and it seems a bit busier than Saturday in terms of queue lines. The rookburgh music is really growing on me though, it's still not as iconic as tarons but it's good nonetheless.

Interestingly, they've also gotten rid of vr on crazy bats, but sadly they haven't reinstated the temple of the nighthawk music. They do seem to have sealed all the bits in the floor that used to let light through in the totnh days though, so I guess that's something!

Winjas007

Roller Poster
Second day at the park today and it seems a bit busier than Saturday in terms of queue lines. The rookburgh music is really growing on me though, it's still not as iconic as tarons but it's good nonetheless.

Interestingly, they've also gotten rid of vr on crazy bats, but sadly they haven't reinstated the temple of the nighthawk music. They do seem to have sealed all the bits in the floor that used to let light through in the totnh days though, so I guess that's something!
I dont think, that they sealed the bits in the floor. I think its just darker because Hollywood Tour is out of order. In many places you could look through the floor and could see Hollywood Tour.

Gesendet von meinem FIG-LX1 mit Tapatalk

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Also explains the sudden desire to get that Matamba entrance up and running... Was it really just Corona?
Nothing to do with Corona since work was underway nearly months before it. Just the (presumably) final phase of the Africa area refurbishment/improvement programme that's been gradually happening since 2014 and to not leave it behind as the only 1 of the 3 hotels without a direct to park entrance.

China's modernisation has been long discussed and is almost certainly the next project imo. Likely due to the investment the area has received in recent years and to avoid blocking key guest routes and the hotel (plus there really isn't anything wrong with the area visually) the main square will stay intact. The street between it and Colorado is likely to be the focus (replacing Geister Rikscha, the food outlets there and making use of the unused remnant of the Silbermine hall behind those food outlets) and a renovation of Feng Ju Palace.

Additionally since construction access could really only come from that back pathway there; Colorado Adventure likely gets a new and improved rerouted queue and entrance (leaving the old queue space to extend Geister's plot for a larger new dark ride? Plus potentially Colorado gets some love/new theming?) Who knows the details but a transformation around those keys elements is what I expect.
A break from the "totally demolish something and build a whole new world in its place" style of project the last few have been.

When that all begins though who knows, its certainly less physical construction work than Rookburgh so unlikely to need such a long time scale - plus corona now likely will postpone major works (I'd certainly be surprised if Geister Rikscha closes already this January now. Probably January 2022.) And let's not start with the when will it open question either... ?

Also somehow, somewhere and somewhen (since this whole park expansion fight continues) a new theatre for Fantissima will have to pop up sooner or later so allow them after China 2.0 to finally, as has been long foretold by the prophets, demolish the Crazy Bats/Hollywood Tour complex.

I dont think, that they sealed the bits in the floor. I think its just darker because Hollywood Tour is out of order. In many places you could look through the floor and could see Hollywood Tour.

Gesendet von meinem FIG-LX1 mit Tapatalk
Ah, I didn't realise Hollywood tour was closed... tbh on my first visit to the park I didn't even realise it existed! I was never sure if the light bleeding though was an intended effect it not, as it sort of looked like you were flying over the lights if a city at night.

Ethan

Strata Poster

Upon watching this video and a couple like it, the area is definitely starting to grow on me, well... at least parts of it!
Most of the theming in the area (outside of the queue) looks stellar. I love the coal piles everywhere, works very well to break up the large expanses of pavement. The smoke rising from the sewer drains is also a fantastic idea.

Don't get me wrong, I still think the area lacks in some areas and the flat walls/bare black walls are still ugly, but the theming on ground level seems to look fantastic and more to the level I expected. I just hope they rip down the big walls in the closed season and replace them with some delicious, Universal Rocks brick walls with windows that actually look convincing and some variations in height and depth <3

(Also not trying to promote TPW in any way. I felt sick knowing what channel the video was from but in fairness it shows off the area rather well. If the entire area looked like this shot at 05:20, I'd be booking flights right now...)

CPup4aK.jpg

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
I did enjoy that TPW video with his 'review'. I watched it with my parents and we quickly turned it into a drinking game - take a drink every time he says "incredible". We got absolutely smashed. It was incredible.

Edit - here you go, grab a bottle of spirit and give it to go. With apologies to your liver.

Peter Immelmann

Mega Poster
I just hope they rip down the big walls in the closed season and replace them with some delicious, Universal Rocks brick walls with windows that actually look convincing and some variations in height and depth <3

I just hope they rip down my hometown's town hall and build a RMC raptor in that spot. ?

I'm kidding. Of course, you're right, improving on these walls towards MauS would definitely lift the whole thing up. But, I'd be very surprised if they'd touch these walls any time soon.

Last edited: