What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

Timo

Roller Poster
Not the most luxurious of rooms ;)
(On -theme of course, and a step up from a garden shed in the Alton Towers hotel car park I guess!)

ga-kabine-02.jpg
It does look cool and cosy tho

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
On a slow internet connection so can’t load multiple pages but you can book the hotel now from 24th September.

Be wary about the incoming EU quarantine though!!

bratcurry

Mega Poster
Whilst it's expensive, it's certainly good value in my eyes. But at 200€ per person, you get:
-2 days entry to the park (worth about 100€)
-Breakfast (standard)
-3 course dinner included (not included as standard at the park's other hotels, which would cost around 25-30€)
-Quick entry to Fly (which you may as well price at 10€)
-Plus the added experience
Well, if you're not fancying any type of wannabe High-Class-Dinner, it spreads out like:
- Small ass room with 2 single beds (would cost about 70€/night anywhere else)
- breakfast (would be included with 70€/night)
- 2 days entry (132€ if you get the usual 33€ tickets)
- Quick entry to Fly (being generous that's 2*10€)

That's a total of 222€ for a 400€ package. So you're asked to pay double of the usual price for a fancy dinner noone asked for and the added experience. Yeah, no, that's not fair.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Well, if you're not fancying any type of wannabe High-Class-Dinner, it spreads out like:
- Small ass room with 2 single beds (would cost about 70€/night anywhere else)
- breakfast (would be included with 70€/night)
- 2 days entry (132€ if you get the usual 33€ tickets)
- Quick entry to Fly (being generous that's 2*10€)

That's a total of 222€ for a 400€ package. So you're asked to pay double of the usual price for a fancy dinner noone asked for and the added experience. Yeah, no, that's not fair.

I get your point. Just as a comparison, I looked at how much it would cost to stay at Matamba on Monday 28th.

For 2 people, using their smart deal offer, plus having to buy tickets separately, it comes to 294€. That doesn't include dinner.

So you're roughly paying 50€ extra for dinner and the exclusive experience they're marketing. Not bad in my opinion.

Yes, it's expensive, and you can get much better offers elsewhere. But staying on site always comes at a premium cost. If you don't value the added experience it (claims to) offer, that's fine, and it will seem like an expensive, not worth it deal. But if you do, it's pretty decent I think.

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
After weighing up the pros and cons, including that we’ve just been and risk of break down etc... we’ve decided not to go for the hotel. Imagine all of that expenditure just for the EU to tell the UK to bog off because of corona :/

Bentleya

Mega Poster
After weighing up the pros and cons, including that we’ve just been and risk of break down etc... we’ve decided not to go for the hotel. Imagine all of that expenditure just for the EU to tell the UK to bog off because of corona :/

Exactly- the POV + photos are good enough for me for the next 6 months or so.