What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

UP87

Mega Poster
Looks like the new elements would be blocking the hatch if it wasn't just a decoration and could actually be openend.

Peter Immelmann

Mega Poster
...just catching myself finding that joke a temporary highlight of the thread these days. I'm not sure if this is a good sign... ?

BTW, I was always wondering what the Y in F.L.Y. stands for. If the visible construction progress proceeds like this, I think it's: yawn...

Louis Heyvaert

Roller Poster
...just catching myself finding that joke a temporary highlight of the thread these days. I'm not sure if this is a good sign... ?

BTW, I was always wondering what the Y in F.L.Y. stands for. If the visible construction progress proceeds like this, I think it's: yawn...
I think Flying Launch en then an invented word, i think fly wil be an invention of a steampunk character in the rookburgh area so maybe the “Y” would be the first letter of the name of the invention, maybe a german word.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
As amazing as some of these suggestions are I believe the name's meaning is far simpler, and the 'flying launch' matching the first 2 letters a coincidence.

F.L.Y. comes from the English word "fly".
The dots are presumably just a style thing as the project name for this newly invented flying machine by the Air Rail Company. Very much a 'does what it says on the tin kind' of name.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
As amazing as some of these suggestions are I believe the name's meaning is far simpler, and the 'flying launch' matching the first 2 letters a coincidence.

F.L.Y. comes from the English word "fly".
The dots are presumably just a style thing as the project name for this newly invented flying machine by the Air Rail Company. Very much a 'does what it says on the tin kind' of name.
Forget Logic, Yo.

;)