What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

HarmL98

Roller Poster
New pics of this week. Those who took these photos were too lazy to post it here.
Launch is still not finished btw.
IMG_20200602_110550.jpg
MVIMG_20200602_110602.jpg
You can see the logo of “Uhrwerk“ here:
e063f0abf33b567a163cf6b876fdc17c.png

Last edited:

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Ah photography from Colorado Adventure... you would think enthusiasts should know better than to violate the safety rules on rollercoasters.

Anyway yes as Transporter posted yesterday it is the RG emblem of the 'Rookburgh Steam Company' as seen in the teaser trailer and on the model case.
Screenshot_20190417-121928_Samsung_Internet.jpg

HarmL98

Roller Poster
You know people can share their own images where they chose, right? What's funnier is that you didn't even give credit in your post. Hilarious.
I know these guys and talked about it. But yea pics are from: [ Bear ] and Pater van Lamsbergen. Happy? [ EDIT ] And of course you have to give people credits. For example, someone on instagram did not do that and I also reacted there as you do now. :p

Last edited:

Ethan

Strata Poster
Happy. It's good practice to give credit, it's annoying when people share your work without it.

As for the progress on Rookburgh, I can't wait for them to start making it look nice because that last photo you posted still looks hideous!

Peter Immelmann

Mega Poster
... I can't wait for them to start making it look nice because that last photo you posted still looks hideous!

You mean the photo showing the view over the roofs? I agree that it does not look appealing. But I'm afraid that's the view that will change the least. Most of what you are seeing is finished, it's just a very unfortunate perspective...

Ethan

Strata Poster
You mean the photo showing the view over the roofs? I agree that it does not look appealing. But I'm afraid that's the view that will change the least. Most of what you are seeing is finished, it's just a very unfortunate perspective...
Yeah I agree. I don’t know what it is, just the colours and the generally flatness of it. Hopefully it’ll look better from inside but not holding my breath just yet.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
I'm surprised it isn't finished, wasn't there testing footage a while back?
The ride has been testing for months. He is referring to the theming elements around the launch which are incomplete/work in progress. Given they consist of prefabricated elements it wouldn't take long to come together once the parts are delivered. Seemingly they are leaving this until last.

F.L.Y. was testing today - those wonderful walls certainly serve their purpose well couldn't hear a thing.

EDIT: Actually gonna shamelessly share some park changes:
New announcements reminding guests of distancing rules, ban on smoking and mask requirements in German, Dutch, English and French were played the queues.

Overall decent set up and dealing with things. The strangeness didn't ruin a day in the park. Of course some idiots don't care for adhearing to distancing but sadly I guess that's to be expected as an issue everywhere (not as if people didn't also break safety rules before - like filming or taking photos on rides...). Staff did come into the queue for Taron occasionally to check on distancing and masks too.

The 1st edition Rookburgh Gazette was still available at the park exits to pick up (nothing is being actively handed out at the moment for distancing of course).
Hopefully it all works out for them and the season is a relatively successful one.

Last edited:

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Off topic, but does anyone know anything about the parks Intamin Zac Spin, Wuzeball?

Has anyone here seen it or ridden it? It’s one of the Phantasialand rumours that has always interested and confused me.

Someone I know is convinced it exists and found this recent post by "AstroDan" on Towerstreet, thought people might find it amusing during lockdown boredom. I think I'm going to need a bit more info to believe though.
wuze ball.JPG

On topic, I'd imagine they'll wait a bit to open Rookburgh but then they do have limited space. Something to keep an eye on I suppose, beats discussing walls!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Lol this Zac Spin rumour seems too stupid to be true. What the hell would the park want with that? And that thing can't even function as a real coaster anyway as there's no propulsion mechanism.

Also if this is real then why are there no pictures of it online whatsoever? Surely someone would be able to sneak one.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Lol this Zac Spin rumour seems too stupid to be true. What the hell would the park want with that? And that thing can't even function as a real coaster anyway as there's no propulsion mechanism.
There is a soft launch on the straight track at the top, I remember seeing a video years back of it testing. But yeah, Wuzeball doesn't exist, I always assumed it started as a nickname for Winja's, as it's like Spinball Whizzer but in Wuze Town.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Wuzeball does not exist.

The very notion of a hidden, unadvertised, ride in a backstage area of a park, especially a park as small as Phantasialand, should be enough to make people realise it's a long, not-that-funny, pointless joke.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Wuzeball does not exist.

The very notion of a hidden, unadvertised, ride in a backstage area of a park, especially a park as small as Phantasialand, should be enough to make people realise it's a long, not-that-funny, pointless joke.
I think we've all gathered that by now, rest assured.

toofpikk

Mega Poster
Wuzeball? Yeah I got on it once. *take a big drag from a fag*
They used to have a dedicated team of 6 bring it from round the back of the theatre stage on portable wheels to the lake front by wuze town between 1 PM & 2:30 PM.

Thing was riddled with reliability issues though. Figured it was probably the trims.

No restraints. Just a lap seat belt.

and it would take the rest of the day for them to push it back up the hill.

Ah well. Rare +1 for me!
*spits*

Matt N

CF Legend
For clarity, WuzeBall is a TowersStreet forum joke. I thought it was a real ride when I first signed up, but someone quickly PM’d me and told me when I seemed confused (in fact, I initially thought it was Temple of the Night Hawk, and quickly got reprimanded!).

BlueSonicHD

Mega Poster
For clarity, WuzeBall is a TowersStreet forum joke. I thought it was a real ride when I first signed up, but someone quickly PM’d me and told me when I seemed confused (in fact, I initially thought it was Temple of the Night Hawk, and quickly got reprimanded!).
?‍♂️ unless they were lies, and having you on., they just want the ride to themselves, its real !