What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

JammyH

Hyper Poster
Relating back to what I said before, there's been a bit of speculation on Phantafriends.de about whether this investment will actually open this year, or whether it makes more logical sense to push it back until 2021.

Moving forwards, when the German government eventually allow the park to reopen (and Angela Merkel has recently said she will not be pinning a date on lifting lockdown restrictions as this could be a vital mistake, so the park will unlikely be opening 20. April) there are going to have to be severe restrictions in place. Potentially a cap on the number of visitors entering the park and therefore a pre-booking system required for tickets, poorly-ventilated areas shut and potential for guests to have to wear PPE whilst inside the park etc.

With the park potentially having to operate on limited capacity, it does not make sense to launch a brand new investment this year. Even if the park was able to operate at full capacity, visitor numbers will drop due to families having lost loved ones and others too scared to go into "social hubs". Therefore to launch an investment this year you aren't going to achieve back as positive or as high a return if you were to launch it in a normal operational year.

If everything is back to normal by September (UK government are predicting 6 months from now), maybe I could see them launching Rookburgh for wintertraum. However, in the current situation a summer opening seems somewhat illogical given advertising and marketing of a brand new investment will not have as significant effect as in a normal operational year. In summer time we could still be seeing borders closed and travel bans between countries, so even if leisure facilities are able to operate, there are going to be rules and restrictions for guests to adhere by.

The situation is changing rapidly everyday so it's too early to call it at the moment and they seem to be full steam ahead with construction, however it does seem somewhat illogical to launch a novelty attraction when you are essentially wasting the opportunity to heavily market and advertise that novelty and make a massive return off of it.

I may be completely wrong and I'm praying the world is back to normal by June, and then we could see a July/August launch for Rookburgh, but I think it's important to look at both the optimistic and pessimistic views of the current situation.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
Some more views of Hotel Charles Rustbergh's entry portal from the street outside the park.
FB_IMG_1586104235482.jpg

The thing that makes me confused about this, and potentially think that the facade is not finished yet are those two brackets on the upper wall. What are they, and why are they like that if they're not going to have anything attached to them...

Ethan

Strata Poster
The thing that makes me confused about this, and potentially think that the facade is not finished yet are those two brackets on the upper wall. What are they, and why are they like that if they're not going to have anything attached to them...
I want you to be right, but I just don't see the logic in landscaping in front of a wall with pleasant trees if you're going to need access to the wall later.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
I really love that entrance. It's so industrial, which I assume what they're going for. I wouldn't be surprised if we did see something like posters or some paint on the wall to break it up abit. But honestly I've loved everything about this so far, and I competely trust Phantasia to do a fantastic job.

The Iron Brick

Roller Poster
I really love that entrance. It's so industrial, which I assume what they're going for. I wouldn't be surprised if we did see something like posters or some paint on the wall to break it up abit. But honestly I've loved everything about this so far, and I competely trust Phantasia to do a fantastic job.
I completely agree ! It's so phantastic ! I really love the Steampunk theme !

Envoyé de mon G3212 en utilisant Tapatalk

Lofty

CF Legend
Steampunk doesn't have to be incredibly heavy, though. A lot of steampunk elements are really subtle - Phantasialand do not DO subtle, and I'm truly glad for it.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Some new pictures from RideOnBlog.com - source
DSC02172_2469-2471-1920-1276-100-wm-left_bottom-100-LogoSet2020NEW3png.jpg

DSC02180_2464-2473-1920-1276-100-wm-left_bottom-100-LogoSet2020NEW3png.jpg

DSC02182_2465-2474-1920-1276-100-wm-left_bottom-100-LogoSet2020NEW3png.jpg

DSC02191_2467-2476-1920-1276-100-wm-left_bottom-100-LogoSet2020NEW3png.jpg

DSC02194_2468-2477-1920-1276-100-wm-left_bottom-100-LogoSet2020NEW3png.jpg

Also for anyone who understands German the newest episode of the "Bleib Neugierig!" podcast hosted by 2 employees of Phantasialand does touch on Rookburgh and their expectations for the area, hotel and coaster. Its a nice listen. The discussion comes about as the result of a question about what do they look forward to the most this season when it hopefully starts. Although Thorben does say "Rookburgh - if it still works out for this year" - a reference no doubt to possible Coronavirus restrictions/delays depending what the rest of the year brings for theme parks and their openings...

Construction and testing does however continue as normal for now.

JammyH

Hyper Poster
Would be cool if the recession in the wall to the left had some sort of elevator running up and down of it... and guests could go up to the top and lookout through a viewing point in those glass window panes. Just an idea... would be a capacity nightmare but it would be cool to be able to travel up to the very highest point in Rookburgh and look out over the rest of the area.

I imagine the viewing point from the top of the hotel is still in the plans though, which would make this one kind of redundant I guess.

DocLa

Roller Poster
In the newest Episode of Podcast mentioned above, the hosts talk about Rookburgh and suppose, that „viewing from the roof terrace“ will be great and very immersive.